“Some good points; some not so good.”

Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stopped in for one night on our way to Portland. The hotel is close to the interstate, which is a plus. The pool is nice, but they do allow smoking on the deck. Ick. The hotel is in dire need of updating. That said, our room was very clean and had all the amenities. We ordered dinner from a cafe on site because we were tired after a long day. The food was really good and wasn't expensive. Breakfast was decent. All in all a good value. Oh and there is a $2 charge for parking. Just be aware, it isn't actually free. I found out when I got the bill.

Room Tip: Second floor is a little dingy and is at parking lot level. Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cordie_Cat40
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Cordee_Cat,

I want to thank you for sending us this review!!! I appreciate the kind words and letting us know ways we can improve. I have had many great compliments about our Café and I am glad you enjoyed it and could just relax after a long day of traveling. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Spokane area.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My stay here was fairly ordinary until I got the statement that added an undisclosed parking charge of $2.00 per night. This hotel likes to think of itself as a downtown hotel, but in reality I doubt anyone actually walks there because you have to go under a freeway overpass and walk a total of over a mile to Riverfront Park. This is the alleged justification for the charge. The charge is not disclosed anywhere in the reservation process or the website. I demanded it be removed and suggest others do the same. It was removed. The parking is neither underground or secured.

The hotel room was fine, but the carpet on the 3rd floor corridor, which is on street level due to topography, is very dirty.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. The other rooms face the adjacent freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Robert G,
I truly understand your concern. I guess the overall concept of walk able distance is different to everyone. We are a mile from Riverfront Park, which is just a 3min drive or 25 minute walk. Myself, I really prefer to walk there because there are so many great unique shops on the way but it looks like you may have been looking for something closer. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Spokane area.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is a late review from our 2012 summer road trip. The hotel is located close to the Interstate, which was perfect for our stop over. The hotel was fairly large, and seemed to be pretty well filled. We decided to have Pizza in their dining room. They had to find a cook/waiter to make it. The pizza was fine, even though we were the only people there.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was another story. The buffet area was beautiful, but there was no attendant. The eggs and yogurt were empty, and all of the tables were uncleaned. We sat at a table covered in sticky pancake syrup. We noticed a few people ate while standing in front of the buffet, which made it hard to get what food they had available. Some were sitting on the floor in teh buffet and in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear HunkyJoe,

Thank you for taking your time to fill out a review. I agree with you that we have an absolutely great location with easy access on and off the freeway and to the downtown area.
I was concerned to read that you had service challenges in the breakfast area you can rest assured that I will be following up with that department and share you experience with them. As you can see from reading other reviews on TripAdvisor.com, this is the exception rather than the rule as we generally get very high rankings on service. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights to do some school shopping in Spokane, My Daughter loved the pool. I noticed the pool was set up to provide entry for handicap guests, awesome! They also provided plenty of seating around the pool and we also noticed a BBQ. Not sure if it was for guest use or not.
The room had a huge king sized bed, a mini fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker. My boyfriend was very impressed. It was also very clean.Had A/C too!
In the morning there was a free breakfast of eggs, sausage, hashbrowns,cereal ect. It was a very busy area and they seemed to have a hard time keeping up with the eggs sausage and hashbrowns. It was pretty good though.
The other thing was that the highway was very close and kept me awake. Bring earplugs.
Great location great service. We will return!

Room Tip: ask for a room oposite of the highway
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jolene 138,

I was delighted to read that your stay was positive and I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel. I agree with you our heated pool is great one of the biggest around. Yes, the BBQ is for our guests so next time you are in town grab some hamburgers and enjoy yourself.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Got a suite and walked in and got hit with an unbearable smell of smoke. The blinds were completely drawn and shut and the room smelled like it hasn't been opened and aired out in years. We knew something was up when we got off the elevator and the hall wreaked of smoke, but once we entered the room, it was unbearable. Manager finally told us that the refurbished wing with suites was formerly the smoking section of years past. Do NOT stay here, so many other better choices in downtown area for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear J T,

I want to thank you for sending us this review! I appreciate you letting us know how you feel and also how your experience was on this stay. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and appreciate you letting me know so that I can take a closer look into that room. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is a generally very well-appointed and reasonably priced Quality Inn. The upside is that the rooms (albeit a little on the small side) are comfortable and the hotel is very, very close to the center of the city - easily within walking distance. Wifi worked well and is fast. Large outdoor pool onsite. Breakfast good and plentiful with several hot options as well as waffles, bread, cereals and so on.

Less good: the noise. The elevated freeway goes past the window about 200 yards away and you can certainly hear it on the north side all night, even with the aircon on full blast. But the noise is pretty continuous so it is not as intrusive as one might fear it would be. I slept all night.

Also, they will add a $2 parking fee to your bill. This does not appear on the Choice Hotels 'Hotel Services and Amenities' page for this location, or the sheet of paper you sign to accept the rate. The amount of money is trivial but we weren't told about it by the check-in clerk, who was keener on trying to get us to have dinner in the hotel, while writing out the parking permit. I asked a couple of other guests and they hadn't been told about the charge either. So, I'd guess a lot of people don't realize or aren't told the charge is there until, or even if, they examine the bill. I queried it and the fee was removed. There are numerous warnings about valuables in cars, and denial of responsibility, so my feeling is they would be better levying a higher fee and making the parking secure if cars in their lot are that prone to theft.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side to avoid freeway noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear WelbyTraveller,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. This means a great deal to us and we deeply appreciate it. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am so glad you had time to eat the breakfast. I believe it has excellent hot and cold choices so there is plenty to choice from.

I do apologize you were not aware of the parking fee and I am glad the front desk removed the fee for you. I will definitely take a look at all the websites and make sure it is clearly stated so there will not be any further confusion. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Spokane area.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Not exactly downtown but close enough that it was a short drive to the downtown attractions. Our room faced the highway but noise was not an issue. We got into town before the 3pm check-in and Amber at the front desk made arrangements to get a room clean early and gets us checked in. We stayed here 3 nights and no problems, the staff was friendly, the breakfast decent. Didn't use the pool or the lounge so I can't speak on the cleanliness of the pool or the quality of the drinks.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ernesto V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. This means a great deal to us and we deeply appreciate it. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property met your needs. I am glad Amber was able to help you will early check in. She is a valued team member and really strives for excellent customer service. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Spokane area.

Thanks Again,