“Nice accommodations; attentive staff”

Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed 8/23/2013. Our suite room was spotless and the bed sheets were crisp and comfortable. Very pleased with the accommodations. If you stay on the side overlooking Interstate 90, be prepared for some road noise and occasional fire truck. We felt we were separated from some potential night-time "street activity" in downtown Spokane by the interstate road. The hotel parking lot is well-lit and quite visible. Desk staff were fast, professional and friendly. We were very satisfied and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Interstate 90 are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear wausauinMT,

WOW! Thanks a lot for the wonderful review. "Spotless" that is music to my ears. I will be sharing your kind words with the housekeeping staff and also the front desk. They work hard and our guests comfort is high on their list of priorities. We look forward to seeing you need time you are in Spokane.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn on 4th Avenue in Spokane for one night. The Hotel is a very pleasant place to stay, the room was well appointed, very clean and quiet. The staff very helpful and polite. The hotel is close to the Interstate highway with plenty of parking space. We will definitely return to the hotel in our future trip to Spokane.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Benny B

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for choosing our hotel. Our staff works very hard to make every guest to feel at home. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Spokane.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stopped in for one night on our way to Portland. The hotel is close to the interstate, which is a plus. The pool is nice, but they do allow smoking on the deck. Ick. The hotel is in dire need of updating. That said, our room was very clean and had all the amenities. We ordered dinner from a cafe on site because we were tired after a long day. The food was really good and wasn't expensive. Breakfast was decent. All in all a good value. Oh and there is a $2 charge for parking. Just be aware, it isn't actually free. I found out when I got the bill.

Room Tip: Second floor is a little dingy and is at parking lot level. Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cordie_Cat40
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Cordee_Cat,

I want to thank you for sending us this review!!! I appreciate the kind words and letting us know ways we can improve. I have had many great compliments about our Café and I am glad you enjoyed it and could just relax after a long day of traveling. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Spokane area.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My stay here was fairly ordinary until I got the statement that added an undisclosed parking charge of $2.00 per night. This hotel likes to think of itself as a downtown hotel, but in reality I doubt anyone actually walks there because you have to go under a freeway overpass and walk a total of over a mile to Riverfront Park. This is the alleged justification for the charge. The charge is not disclosed anywhere in the reservation process or the website. I demanded it be removed and suggest others do the same. It was removed. The parking is neither underground or secured.

The hotel room was fine, but the carpet on the 3rd floor corridor, which is on street level due to topography, is very dirty.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. The other rooms face the adjacent freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Robert G,
I do apologize you were not aware of the parking fee and I am glad the front desk removed the fee for you. I will definitely take a look at all the websites and make sure it is clearly stated so there will not be any further confusion.
I truly understand your concern. I guess the overall concept of walk able distance is different to everyone. We are a mile from Riverfront Park, which is just a 3min drive or 25 minute walk. Myself, I really prefer to walk there because there are so many great unique shops on the way but it looks like you may have been looking for something closer. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Spokane area.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is a late review from our 2012 summer road trip. The hotel is located close to the Interstate, which was perfect for our stop over. The hotel was fairly large, and seemed to be pretty well filled. We decided to have Pizza in their dining room. They had to find a cook/waiter to make it. The pizza was fine, even though we were the only people there.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was another story. The buffet area was beautiful, but there was no attendant. The eggs and yogurt were empty, and all of the tables were uncleaned. We sat at a table covered in sticky pancake syrup. We noticed a few people ate while standing in front of the buffet, which made it hard to get what food they had available. Some were sitting on the floor in teh buffet and in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear HunkyJoe,

Thank you for taking your time to fill out a review. I agree with you that we have an absolutely great location with easy access on and off the freeway and to the downtown area.
I was concerned to read that you had service challenges in the breakfast area you can rest assured that I will be following up with that department and share you experience with them. As you can see from reading other reviews on TripAdvisor.com, this is the exception rather than the rule as we generally get very high rankings on service. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights to do some school shopping in Spokane, My Daughter loved the pool. I noticed the pool was set up to provide entry for handicap guests, awesome! They also provided plenty of seating around the pool and we also noticed a BBQ. Not sure if it was for guest use or not.
The room had a huge king sized bed, a mini fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker. My boyfriend was very impressed. It was also very clean.Had A/C too!
In the morning there was a free breakfast of eggs, sausage, hashbrowns,cereal ect. It was a very busy area and they seemed to have a hard time keeping up with the eggs sausage and hashbrowns. It was pretty good though.
The other thing was that the highway was very close and kept me awake. Bring earplugs.
Great location great service. We will return!

Room Tip: ask for a room oposite of the highway
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jolene 138,

I was delighted to read that your stay was positive and I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel. I agree with you our heated pool is great one of the biggest around. Yes, the BBQ is for our guests so next time you are in town grab some hamburgers and enjoy yourself.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Got a suite and walked in and got hit with an unbearable smell of smoke. The blinds were completely drawn and shut and the room smelled like it hasn't been opened and aired out in years. We knew something was up when we got off the elevator and the hall wreaked of smoke, but once we entered the room, it was unbearable. Manager finally told us that the refurbished wing with suites was formerly the smoking section of years past. Do NOT stay here, so many other better choices in downtown area for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear J T,

I want to thank you for sending us this review! I appreciate you letting us know how you feel and also how your experience was on this stay. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and appreciate you letting me know so that I can take a closer look into that room. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.