“3rd stay”

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Calgary, Canada
“3rd stay”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed again on our way to Vancouver for just 2 night. I booked a room at the back of hotel and asked for top floor. But received a first floor room which was fine. Even though the hotel was full it was very quite at night. Breakfast is always good. Only had one problem when we tried to make a phone call to Canada from room we could not get the phone to work. When we phoned the front desk the person who answered was not very helpful. But we figured it out ourselves as my husband cell phone was giving him problems. But we have never had any problem with staff before all have been very helpful and friendly this was first time.
We will stay again.

Room Tip: Book a room at book of hotel no highway noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Travis T, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear UK39:

Thank you so much for always staying with us on your trips through Spokane. That means a lot to us! I'm sorry that the phone was giving you troubles. I know calling another country can be tricky, and most of us don't do it too often. I'll review how to dial a country code with the front desk so they are better informed next time for you!

travis.tramp@msn.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are nice. It is located right by the interstate, but it's easy to get downtown in a couple of minutes (by car at least). I was staying during some construction and so had to lug my bags a very long way, but that seemed to be a temporary issue. Staff was friendly and breakfast was about the most extensive you could expect from a quality inn.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Travis T, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear OAC1:

Thank you so much for leaving us this great review. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have stayed here on several occasions and are always happy with our stay. While this is an older property they have updated the reception area and the rooms are always clean and well maintained. We have a medically fragile child and they offer a great rate when she is in the hospital or having tests. The staff goes out of their way to make us comfortable and make sure we have all we need. The breakfast is good and they have high chairs which is a plus when traveling with children. My only real complaints and they are very minor is that the pool says it is heated but was very cold and they charged $2.00 for parking and I don't believe I paid that in the past nor do I remember seeing it advertised. This is not a huge complaint however as the rate for this property is very good and we had two cars and were still only charged $2.00. If you are looking for a luxury place this is probably not what you are looking for but if you want a reasonable place to stay you can't go wrong.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Travis T, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Lynette:

Thank you so much for always choosing to come back to us. We really appreciate you, and love visiting with your family.

I have addressed the parking charge in other reviews, so I won't go into the detail again here. I believe I've also addressed the pool heater, we are currently waiting for a new one to arrive from the factory. Thanks to all your reviews we found that something was wrong with it and immediately ordered a new one.

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Although this hotel was downtown it was easy access off of the Freeway. Not hard to get back on the freeway but a fair distance to do so. It was late at night but they were very accommodating. Had good facilities and one of the nicest free breakfast and eating area I've ever seen. Pretty tight for parking plus you had to pay for parking which I didn't understand as there was literally no where else you could have parked. Bed was very comfortable and the room had every basic thing you could want. Price was reasonable as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ERobinson:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. We are so glad you had a good time, and loved taking care of you! We do have a small (currently $2) parking charge that we implemented several years ago. The money from this small charge goes towards a full time evening position. You all know how important adding full time positions is in the economy today and we felt it gave us better customer service in the evenings to help with luggage, and help arriving guests. It has been a great position to have and I know our guests appreciate it! I hope this helps you better understand why we do some of these things. :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I arrived with my partner and another couple after a 6-hour drive only to find out that our reservation had been cancelled and they had made no attempt to e-mail us after they could not contact us by phone. Front desk apologized and it was only after I told them that we had no place to stay that the supervisor offered a solution. Why did they not offer from the beginning ? The couple we arrived with later left behind a $300 dollar pillow that the wife needs due to her recent surgery. Somehow the pillow was misplaced ??? Very unhappy. I usually never leave reviews but management need to get on top of this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vickie G
Dear Vickie:

I'm so sorry that you did not have a pleasant time at our hotel. I double checked your reservation and it looks like it was made with bad payment information. As you know reservations cannot be held without proper form of payment to guarantee them. We did try to contact you several times by phone without any luck. I'm glad that we were able to get you a room in the end, as we were completely full that evening.

Edmonton
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We got into Spokane and bit later and a few of the hotels were already booked so we were very relieved when we pulled into this Quality Inn to find there were rooms and safe parking for our motorcycle.

The front desk was very professional and quick with the registration even though there were a lot of people booking in. The room was large and the bed quite comfortable. The breakfast was the usual breakfast food but there was healthy choices.

The only thing is there are really not any good restaurants nearby and we had supper at one of the worst restaurants we ate at for our whole 3 week trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the major roadway. Order in if you do not want to drive to a restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goven
Travis T, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Goven:

Thanks for writing your honest review, we really do love to hear about your stay. I'm sorry that you didn't get a good restaurant while you were in Spokane. We have some of the best local restaurants, and really good chain restaurants around. Next time you're in town be sure to ask for a map to some of these great places!

Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Call me dumb but when I booked a ‘downtown’ hotel I thought I would be able to walk around its downtown not drive to but be right next to a RIGHT next to Freeway. Thought it would be downtown so a little city noise but not like this. Even though it’s not truly downtown and there is plenty of parking they still charged $2 for parking. Not like anyone else would park there because there’s nowhere to walk to. Air conditioner was very noisy which almost drowned out the freeway noise. The only redeeming quality was that the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here at least ask for a room on the non-freeway side of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Alison:

I am so sorry that your stay wasn't pleasant, and that our location upset you. We are 4 blocks from downtown, and are in such a convenient location. I hope that you were able to enjoy all of our free amenities while you stayed with us and I hope you had a good time in our beautiful city.