“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Moses Lake, Washington
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have been staying at the Red Lion Inn at the Park for over 6 years and go there on a fairly regular basis. I always found the rooms to be clean, the staff exceptionally courteous and the food great. As an example, for our 50th wedding anniversary, they treated my wife and I to the Presidential Suite for no additional fees. It will be a time that we will never forget.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so very greatful that you chose to spend a special occasion with us. We hope to welcome you back for years to come.

Brent A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a great Red lion property. Have stayed many times now with little to no problems. The only real major down fall this property has,.. Is that they charge for parking.with the rates they charge we feel strongly that they should not be charging more.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank wildmoments
Thank you for your comments! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We can't wait to welcome you back!

washington state
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have always loved this hotel and have been a guest here for almost 30 years. The last 2 times I have stayed here I have had trouble going to sleep because my back and legs itched so badly. The housekeeping dept. had NOT put mattress pads on the very old saggy mattresses and I wonder if there are some sort of mite in the bed that was causing this itching. I did ask the housekeeper to change the sheets and put on a mattress pad after the first night, which she did, but the itching continued. Finally I put a couple towels between me and the sheet, the itching stopped and I was able to sleep. The pillow-top mattresses are very old and sag badly.

On the upside, we would take our family vacations to Spokane and stay a week, the kids loved the pool, hot tub and waterslide. Riverfront park and downtown are a short walk and very delightful. The two waitresses in the atrium cafe, Nancy and Heather and now Hailey are the best!

Sadly, I will be staying at a different hotel in downtown Spokane from now on, it makes me sad to do so as the Hotel at the Park has always felt like home away from home. Until housekeeping takes the time to REALLY clean the rooms and new mattresses are purchased I will have no other choice. I would have given this hotel a 1.5 - 2 star rating for cleanliness.

Room Tip: A poolside room is a great location in the summer for sun and swimming but the rooms have really bee...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you had issues regarding the level of cleanliness in our hotel. I have passed this to our Housekeeping Director so that we may troubleshoot this issue so that it does not occur again. Thank you so very much and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I've stayed here twice now for work and I am a big fan. Having a nice place to stay is very important while away from home and this Red Lion is really excellent. The rooms are spacious and have everything you need. Especially nice are the microwave and refrigerator. There is a great desk to work at and free internet. The beds are comfortable and it's very quiet. I would definitely recommend this Red Lion!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you back at our hotel soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The first room I was given when I went into the bathroom the toilet had been used and had not been flushed. When I was given a second room when I walked in the room I couldnt breath because it smelled horrible. It was like they were trying to cover up a bad smell with airfreshener. The third room I had was covered in dust and had quite a few stains on the carpet. I gave up at that point and just stayed because it was the best out of the three rooms.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for the valuable feedback you provided about your recent stay with us for your conference. I'm very sorry to hear about the difficult time you had with finding a suitable room. None of those issues should ever have been a concern, and the rooms you mentioned were definitely not up to our standards. I've passed along your comments to our Housekeeping team so we can properly address the areas you noted. We hope to welcome you back in the future to show you the comfort you truly deserve.

Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel. The location is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and the beds are super comfortable. Would definitely stay here again! The hotel is in walking distance to downtown Spokane and Fall in Spokane is gorgeous!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brent A, Director of Rooms at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you very much for the kind comments about your recent stay with us! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed our property and location. We also love Spokane, and especially all the amazing Fall scenery to enjoy just steps away in Riverfront Park. We look foward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a good hotel in a beautiful, central location. The majority of staff are very friendly and helpful. The only staff that I wasn't impressed with were the evening desk staff. We reported that our tub would not drain, and they did not get it fixed, but day staff did. We requested late check out and were lucky that we checked again before heading to our meeting because it wasn't noted. Also, if you use their airport shuttle, be prepare to wait for airline staff as they seem to take precedent. After a whole day of travel, and waiting for the shuttle, I had to wait another 20 mins for airline staff to arrive.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your response! I apologize you had some service concerns with our shuttle and Front Desk service. That is in no way the type of service we like to display for our hotel. We hope that you will visit us in the near future.