“awful room service..stay out of the hot tub”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“awful room service..stay out of the hot tub”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The first day I requested a chair in my room, like in the photo, other than the office task chair that was on its last legs. I did not get it. The next day, I repeated my request. I never got it. I ordered room service, in person, as they don't answer their phones or return their messages, one time. It was the worst fish and chips, drenched in grease, with breading that was thick like bread and overcooked in the worst way. (photos available). The breakfast buffet does not include coffee, so grab some at the front desk...which is the best front desk coffee ever. They charged $9 daily for my car to stay...no valet, no covered parking. Stay out of the hot tub, I was plagued by itching, even after getting out and washing immediately with antibacterial soap, I have sought medical attention twice for it and it is finally going away, 3 prescriptions later. I do not recommend this place, and will never stay there again. Staff is friendly and personable, but I never got my chair and was there for four days.

Room Tip: request a view with your reservation, otherwise you will not get one
Green Features: Great soap, but use something strong to clean the bio-film out of the spa. It is a visible ring and I regretted entering as soon as I spotted it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Katje H
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you so very much for your feedback regarding your stay. I wanted to apologize that we failed to meet your simple request of delivering a chair to your room while you stayed with us. I have passed on the other issues as well to their respected departments for them to view. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Brent A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Staff and management went above anywhere I have ever visited. Including making me feel welcome, informing me if recommendations, and helping me feel at home. There was not one department that I did not engage with that ever treated me less of a valuable guest.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to welcome you back in the near future so that we may exceed your expectations once again.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My son had recently turned two years old, and we decided to have a swimming pool party at the Red Lion Hotel at the Park. We reserved the Presidential Suite and it was a fabulous room,it had the perfect amount of space for people to hang out, and it came with spectacular views! The entire property was very clean and tidy, especially our room - kudos to housekeeping! The entire staff was very courteous in directing my family and friends to the guestroom upon my request, the front desk was also very accommodating when I asked to check into the room earlier, despite the fact someone had stayed in the room- just the night before. The decorations were phenomenal, they should be very proud to have such talented staff to pay such special attention to detail, when decorating such a large amount of space! Overall fabulous stay, we will be back!

Room Tip: Love, love, love the Executive Wing. Rooms have balconies & it is on the far east end of the pro...
Green Features: Very eco-friendly! thumbs up! We were pleased that there was plenty of documentation throughout the room, showing that they were a eco-friendly property.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We strive to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us. Whether it be a special Birthday party or just a 1 night staycation, we thank you for choosing us and we sure hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Pullman, Washington
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We spent Sunday night in the Presidential Suite, which is a wonderful and large room with nice furniture and a great layout. Perfect for a family with its indoor pool for the winter months. The free shuttle service to and from the Spokane Arena was a huge benefit, and one of the reasons we chose this hotel.

But the kitchen in the Presidential Suite was a nightmare from start to finish. The overhead light wasn't working, so the only source of light was one hanging underneath the cabinets, making it very hard to see or do anything in there. Also, despite being turned to the coldest setting, the refrigerator was unable to reach a decently cool temperature, so we ended up throwing away all the food we had purchased to stock it.

But worst of all, the drawer of utensils has a nightmare, with many of the spatulas and serving tools either cracked, chipped, falling apart, and/or covered with grease and food from the previous residents. The plates and sauces in the cupboard were in similar condition.

When I pay considerably more for the Presidential Suite, which has a full kitchen as one of its key selling points, I expect it to be decent and livable, and to not be a health hazard to me and my family. We expected more from this hotel, and don't think we'll be returning here on our monthly trip up to Spokane.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for the free shuttle about 15 minutes before you would like to leave. Make sure y...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mtsmylie
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you so very much for your review. We are taking the proper steps to repalce all plates, and utensils in that suite. we hope to welcom eyou back in the near future so that we may keave a positive memory rather than a bad one.

Regards,

Spokane
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Beautiful views of Spokane, not matter which side of the tower you are on !!! Close to pretty much anything you want to do, shopping, sight-seeing, hospitals, movies, sports, dining,or just walking in the park.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the grat comments! We hope to make more everlasting memories during your future stays with us.

Regards,

Republic, Washington
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is located in downtown Spokane right next to the river and Riverfront Park. The outdoor swimming pool, dining and walking paths are great for summer. At least that's what I remembered from the last time I stayed there several years ago. Unfortunately, my husband and I decided to give it a try in December, thinking Christmas decorations would make it festive, etc, etc. When i called to make the reservation, I also specifically requested that we have a room facing/overlooking the river. Ah, well, I guess there are many ways to interpret 'facing/overlooking the river.' When we checked in, the girl at reception didn't have any 'notes' about a room overlooking the river, and then after checking availability said there were two rooms that had kind of a view. Ok, so we take one. The one in the newer tower. True, you could see water across the street and parking lot, through the trees. This view thing was just especially irritating because I had tried to clarify several times when making the reservation and was assured that's what we'd get. Not the worst thing that could happen, just irritating.

The Christmas decorations were ok, on the cheezy side. Still not the worst thing, just not the greatest either. Rooms and lobby are getting to look a bit run down, but on the positive side, the bed was very comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water, especially around your feet because the tub didn't drain when you ran the shower. Cleanliness in general was good.

The only thing that would make me even consider coming back to this hotel is not a thing, but the waitress we had in the Atrium Cafe during breakfast. She was pleasant, helpful and top-notch.

If you're looking for a place to stay in downtown Spokane in December, treat yourself and go to the Davenport or Lusso like we should have done.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I apologize that the view you booked was not what you expected. We hope to welcom eyou back in the near future.

Missoula
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great lounge, clean rooms, great views, close to attractions, well priced and nice tv and bed. Great stay. They also let us and my friends have a group rate that lowered the price for all by $25! Will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Wow - thanks for submitting that review of your recent stay! I'm really glad to hear we accommodated your group with a nice low rate, and you had a great time visiting us here in Spokane. We want to provide a high value to our guests and every day we work hard to ensure total satisfaction. Next time, bring even more friends!

Kind Regards,