“Great location, however updates needed to rooms”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Great location with view of river and great front desk staff. However the room: When trying to see if bed lamp was plugged in, headboard fell off and we found all kinds of peanut shells and sunflower seeds; clock not working; numerous stains on carpet; hair dryer (holes where it used to be); space where wet bar used to be (needed painting and repair); no lotion in bathroom, and my pet peeve only paper cups rather than glasses for a cocktail. Bathroom very small. Needless to say room needed a lot of TLC.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you very much for submitting this feedback about your recent stay. The issues you referenced have been passed along to our maintenance and housekeeping teams so they can coach their staff to be more attentive to such things. I assure you these do not represent our standards for cleanliness and functionality, and we'll continue improving our product and services thanks to your review. We appreciate your business, and hope to have you back in the future so we can provide the kind of experience you deserve.

We hope for you and your family a happy holiday season!

There are newer reviews for Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed here for the weekend. Excellent location, with a foot bridge across the river into the park. Very nice room, was clean and very large. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Pool was a little difficult to find the entrance, but was very nice. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us! It's good to hear you enjoyed our location and room - we strive for cleanliness and we're happy to recognize our housekeeping team for this success. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

From the shuttle driver who picked us up at the airport to checkout, my stay was flawless - your staff is exceptional. The room upgrade was a pleasant surprise - I just wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Wow - we're so glad to have hosted you and are glad you enjoyed it so much! It's always a pleasure to give this kind of praise to our staff members who work so hard each day to deliver high-levels of guest satisfaction. We appreciate you staying with us, and look forward to having you back!

Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Our trip, all of 85 miles, was for a little shopping, rest, a nice breakfast and a leisure drive home. I expected a 3 star, got a 2. The room's decor nice except there is a blank spot where a picture once hung, there is no mini bar, the furniture has scratches in it, and the Heater is the old wall banger type. I did like they offset it from the bed so it doesn't blow directly on you. The bed sheet are adequate, nothing special. There is a huge gap under the door large enough to put the TV remote in, which brings noise from the Atrium ares into the room . It creeps me out to see people walking outside the room. The workout room is a plus, and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The lack of sleep can the next morning early when 3 buses backed up with their backup warning signals loud enough to penetrate the thin walls and windows. They parked and left the engines running which you can also hear on the 5th floor. At around 7:30 am the room near the bed started smelling like cigarette smoke. The hotel allows guests to smoke right outside the front door and this room being above it, albeit 4 floors above, the smoke penetrated the closed windows(maybe through the wall banger heater???) I noticed that the smell did not make it over to the door or bathroom. We were up late the night before and between the noise and smell were out of bed early, should have driven home.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms above the front entrance.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay with us. I wanted to take the time to apologize about the smell of smoke entering your room while you stayed with us. I can assure you that we have taken the proper steps so this won't occur again.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The staff made our trip so nice and easy! We came in on the train at midnight and the shuttle was quick to pick us up and our 14 bags!! We were moving overseas and had a ton of stuff! They took us to the mall that was out of there 2 mile radius too since we lost a car seat on the train. They even scheduled us our own shuttle in the morning to accommodate us to the airport. We had a good time and the kids loved the pool. We also loved being able to walk to the park and downtown easily. If we ever come through spokane again we will stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for your review! We can't wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The first day I requested a chair in my room, like in the photo, other than the office task chair that was on its last legs. I did not get it. The next day, I repeated my request. I never got it. I ordered room service, in person, as they don't answer their phones or return their messages, one time. It was the worst fish and chips, drenched in grease, with breading that was thick like bread and overcooked in the worst way. (photos available). The breakfast buffet does not include coffee, so grab some at the front desk...which is the best front desk coffee ever. They charged $9 daily for my car to stay...no valet, no covered parking. Stay out of the hot tub, I was plagued by itching, even after getting out and washing immediately with antibacterial soap, I have sought medical attention twice for it and it is finally going away, 3 prescriptions later. I do not recommend this place, and will never stay there again. Staff is friendly and personable, but I never got my chair and was there for four days.

Room Tip: request a view with your reservation, otherwise you will not get one
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Katje H

Thank you so very much for your feedback regarding your stay. I wanted to apologize that we failed to meet your simple request of delivering a chair to your room while you stayed with us. I have passed on the other issues as well to their respected departments for them to view. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Staff and management went above anywhere I have ever visited. Including making me feel welcome, informing me if recommendations, and helping me feel at home. There was not one department that I did not engage with that ever treated me less of a valuable guest.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to welcome you back in the near future so that we may exceed your expectations once again.

Warm Regards,