“MANAGER NEEDS TO SET HIGHER STANDARD”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
SEATTLE
“MANAGER NEEDS TO SET HIGHER STANDARD”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Sunday morning rolls around and the fire alarm goes off. Not the hotel's fault, so no complaint on that. We quickly gathered our items and headed out. Unfortunately, I left a boot. I realized it the same day and called lost and found who assured me they had the boot and would bag it and put it at the front desk for pickup. I thought at the time she sounded like she was lying, but took her at her word. And so.....when my husband swung by a few days later, going out of his way and wasting his time, no boot to be found. Not the lost boot so much, because my fault it got left, just the arrogant lying by the hotel staff because they know there are no repercussions - they could care less that they wasted his time, I think if I called today and made up a story about leaving something when I checked out today they would say they had it and I could pick it up at the front desk. The manager was great, apologetic and embarrassed, but that doesn't fix the overall problem with the staffing. Although the location is great, the staff really drags down the overall ranking of this location.

Room Tip: You don't really stay for the room, it is the location which is very nicely situated at the park...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your comments. I apologize that our staff failed to connect with you in a positive manner. Thank you and we will continue to train and coach our staff to ensure this doesn't occur again.

Brent A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
Spokane
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I really like this location. It is an enjoyable walk to the conference center and a great value. The facility is well maintained and the staff is accommodating. When I arrived I received a room upgrade. I will return to stay at this property.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your comments! I will make sure I share these with our team! We hope to see you soon!

Portland OR, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

So, I travel a lot - way too much in fact. So a home away from home needs to be worth it. I stayed with these guys for over 6 months and I can honestly say, compared to all other properties (I have status on Hilton, Marriott, etc), these guys really made me feel like family. From the head office and front desk, I was always taken care of. Their gym is top notch, indoor swimming pool perfect, esp. in winter and these guys were always dropping little surprises. Clean rooms, the best staff I have ever met and now with all the new remodel, you gotta give this place a look.

Room Tip: Rooms in tower offer great view and the ones in atrium area are real nice as well
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you so very much for the great comments! It was our pleasure to serve you while you stayed with us and we hope to continue to impress you during your future visits.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 19 May 2014

You really can't find a better location in Spokane, right on Riverfront Park and the Spokane River, but everyone here seems to hate their jobs and most seem to dislike people in general. The worst are the front desk people who were irritated at the idea of a corporate discount at check in and threatened to extremely rude in every other encounter we had with them. The servers in the restaurant/lounge are the exception...most of them are friendly and attentive. However, my credit card got charged for breakfast even though I paid for the package that includes breakfast. I was assured by our server that the $40 bill would be taken off my total bill when they reconciled it at the front desk but that didn't happen and no one at the hotel answers the phone when I call about it. Not sure if it's the management that is extremely poor or what the problem is but if you stay here, be prepared for terrible service and check your bank statement after you leave.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns you came across during yor stay with us. I can assure you this is not Red Lion standards at all. We would love to welcome you back and have a chance to prove this as well. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Western Usa
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly. We were disappointed with the breakfast buffet that offered only eggs, toast, bacon/sausage, and oatmeal. No fruit or cereal in site. Plus, the breakfast was not included in the price and cost us $15 per person! Would love to stay there again but would choose a hotel that offered a FREE continental breakfast instead.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your review. I apologize that breakfast wasn't included in your reservation that you booked. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. We have attractive packages that include breakfast as well.

Spokane
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Excellent service and speed at check-in and throughout our stay. We chose the hotel for its proximity to the Arena where we were attending an event. Perfect walking distance to our venue and beautiful pool and location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for the comments! We are thrilled you had a great ''Girls Getaway'' We hope to welcome many more in the near future.

Longview, Washington
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My adult daughter and I stayed here for a conference at the Veterans Memorial Stadium. The hotel was an easy walk to everything we wanted to do. Great access to the river park and interesting sights there (my daughter is an engineer so we had to go check out the dam and spillways), restaurants and shopping. We went to the pool once but it had seen better days, was a tad shabby. Location is wonderful, hotel is good but slightly dated. Clean room, prompt maid service in the morning while we took an exercise walk at the river park.
Called room service and left a message at 9:40 pm Thursday evening as cafe had closed at 2 pm. Room service never called back although it was not to be closed until 10 pm. Cafe closing so early caused us some inconvenience but we just walked to restaurants across the river.
We were on the ground level which was pool level, right next to the pool snack bar. For three days we never saw a staff member at the pool snack bar although the door was open to the hotel hallway.
We would stay there again as the local is great for big events and we could leave our car to avoid other parking hassles. RL charges $9 per day to park.

Green Features: Hotel provided eco friendly soaps and shampoo in paper wrappings and allowed us to reuse our towels, a common practice these days.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments! I apologize you had issues regarding Room Service during your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future so we can turn these issues around.