“Reasonable...convenient, a wonderful family hotel”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here with my five year old. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Riverfront Park and we weren't disappointed. The pool was excellent, the meals at Windows restaurant were very good, and it was an easy walk to shopping and Riverfront Park fun. My son and I were very comfortable in the room. The staff, from the front desk, to the waitstaff at the restaurant, to housekeeping was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Spokane.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments! I am truly pleased you found our hotel and especially our staff warm and welcoming during your stay. We can't wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Brent A.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,729)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here in late May, we knew what the hotel was all about because we have stayed at this location quite a few times. Booked a pool side 2 queen executive suite which we loved. Had 2 kids with us so the location with a sliding glass door right on the pool was wonderful. The room itself was very small, 4 people was very tight, from the bathroom to the actual bed area we were stepping over each other the entire time. We paid around $200 for the room which included breakfast, that was also a nice touch.
The hotel was clean and comfortable and the pool with the waterslide was a hit with my kiddos and the primary reason we chose this hotel in the warmer months.
Overall we love the pool and the location but the rooms are too small for our family of four.
I would like to give nice review for the lifeguard at the pool, very personable and friendly I wish I could remember her name.

Room Tip: Love the poolside rooms, can't get any closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I apologize that our room size didn't fit your needs. We do have bigger suites I hope you get a chance to experience the next time you stay with us. We value your business and can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Didn't realize it's was hoopfest. Staff did a very good job considering the overload. Parking control was poor. Hotel guests took 2nd place to pay customers. That's not ok. Buffet was pleasantly decent. Noise control at night was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that parking at our hotel was a challenge for you while staying with us. We do have very busy times at our hotel that may limit parking in our immediate lot. We do however offer additional parking across the street shall these issues arise. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have spent over 100 nights at the Inn at the Park. The service, rooms, meals & staff have never disappointed me. I appreciate the parking being close, but the stall width can be a problem and most drivers will try to fit their large vehicle in any available spot.

Room Tip: a view of the river is especially nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for the great comments! We are very pleased you continue to enjoy with us. We hope to welcome you back more often.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had some trouble checking in for the room I'd requested, but it was resolved after a bit of time at the front desk. I'd hoped to soak in the hot tub or pool for a bit after arrival but was told the pool, etc. was closed at 8pm. Really? 8pm. Anyway, the room was lovely. The staff didn't seem to know the schedule of the convention, as many were trying to catch Spokane lunch spots and there was nobody at the desk. I never got to swim in the pool or soak in the hot tub because of the restrictive hours. Beautiful view but maybe next time we should go to the Apple Tree Inn??

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that you weren't able to enjoy our pool while you were staying with us. I have passed these issues to the proper departments so we can address them and provide a solution as well. Your business is important to us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Thank you to the front desk of the Red Lion at the Park for valiantly trying to serve a conference of several hundred educators arriving at the tail end of HoopFest. A room was not ready for the promised 3:00 pm check-in - or at 6:00 pm so the front desk staff upgraded me to a suite. There was water dripping from the vent - repaired - and no towels - delivered promptly. A blown fuse had taken out the wireless internet - but hard line internet was available. All in all the front desk maintained their poise and helpfulness. Thanks for all you did in a tough situation. As far as the hotel as a property - I have stayed here before and have found it comfortable and convenient and seems to provide value for the state rate price.

Room Tip: If you want quiet - ask for something away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review regarding your last stay with us. I apologize that you had several issues while at our hotel. I am happy that our front desk staff was able to provide a resolution as well to the issues you came across. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Check-in was a breeze and Stacy at front desk was more than friendly but perhaps a bit inexperienced when checking people in . We were supposed to have a room overlooking the park but instead we were put on the parking lot side overlooking the roof of the Red Lion. We did mention that we were celebrating our anniversary and Stacy said that she'd have a bottle of champagne sent to our room. We did receive it with a bouquet of flowers. The coffee carafe in room was NOT rinse out from prior guest. I did leave a note for the housekeeper about it. We did not eat at either restaurant so I can't comment on them. We did smell cigarette smoke in the morning from other room(s) . It's obvious that some smokers don't comply to hotel policy. The hotel is in a prefect location if you like the downtown area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that you had cleanliness issues while staying at our hotel. We strive to give each and every guest the best experience while at our hotel and we hope that you will allow us to prove just that.