“Fun & Family Friendly Hotel”

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for 4th of July Weekend. Walking distance to Riverfront park and didn't even have to leave the hotel to see the Park's Fireworks! Rates were reasonable and the kids had a blast in the pools. Staff was very friendly. This has definitely become my top choice of hotels to stay at in Spokane!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool were definitely the best!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so very much for the great comments! We strive to ensure that every guest has a memorable stay with us and it looks like you did indeed do just that. We can't wait to make more everlasting memories during your future stays. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very nice hotel in a very good position, easy access to park walk with great views. Downtown is only a short stroll thru the park, with great shops including Mary's etc.The pool would be great for kids, none with us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for the comments! I am pleased you got a chance to relax and enjoy all that Spokane has to offer (Including our hotel), Thank you for choosing Red Lion Hotel at The Park and we can't wait to welcome you and your family back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Terrible display of management ability. 4th of July night, we return to the hotel to find absolutely no parking. Spectators parking to watch the fireworks had taken a good chunk of the parking. I know this because I sat there and watched people get out of their cars and head out with lawn chairs to the park area. I walked around the parking lot and saw that on average 1 out of 3 vehicles had the parking pass. Are you kidding me??!! Did you not know that people would be coming to that area to watch the fireworks? Simply, if you would have had a person at each entrance to the parking lot checking that people were actually staying at your hotel, this could have been avoided. Then the front desk tells me that I can park for "free" in the overflow, so I drive about 1/3 mile to finally find a parking spot. I had $2000 in softball gear in the back of my truck (with a locked topper) that I was not comfortable leaving that far away where I could not keep an eye on it. So I came back to the main parking lot and parked (not in an approved spot) with about 50 other cars that I'm sure were feeling the same frustration.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your response regarding your most recent stay with us. I want to apologize that we failed to meet your service expectations regarding parking at our hotel. We are currently visiting this issue to ensure it doesn't occur again. Thank you for your understanding and we hope that you will give us a second chance to right this wrong.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here over the 4th of July week-end. It was the first time we stayed. We were able to get an upgrade to our room and it was very nice. We were able to walked to Riverfront park from the hotel by just crossing a bridge and not walking very far. The staff here was great and very friendly and helpful. There's a bar and restaurant right on site so if you don't want to leave it's right there for you. They also have two swimming pools, an indoor and outdoor one. The outdoor one is very nice and has a waterslide great for all to use. I'll stay here again when we visit Spokane again.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your comments! We are pleased you had a great time on the 4th of July at our property. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here with my five year old. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Riverfront Park and we weren't disappointed. The pool was excellent, the meals at Windows restaurant were very good, and it was an easy walk to shopping and Riverfront Park fun. My son and I were very comfortable in the room. The staff, from the front desk, to the waitstaff at the restaurant, to housekeeping was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Spokane.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for the wonderful comments! I am truly pleased you found our hotel and especially our staff warm and welcoming during your stay. We can't wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here in late May, we knew what the hotel was all about because we have stayed at this location quite a few times. Booked a pool side 2 queen executive suite which we loved. Had 2 kids with us so the location with a sliding glass door right on the pool was wonderful. The room itself was very small, 4 people was very tight, from the bathroom to the actual bed area we were stepping over each other the entire time. We paid around $200 for the room which included breakfast, that was also a nice touch.
The hotel was clean and comfortable and the pool with the waterslide was a hit with my kiddos and the primary reason we chose this hotel in the warmer months.
Overall we love the pool and the location but the rooms are too small for our family of four.
I would like to give nice review for the lifeguard at the pool, very personable and friendly I wish I could remember her name.

Room Tip: Love the poolside rooms, can't get any closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I apologize that our room size didn't fit your needs. We do have bigger suites I hope you get a chance to experience the next time you stay with us. We value your business and can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Didn't realize it's was hoopfest. Staff did a very good job considering the overload. Parking control was poor. Hotel guests took 2nd place to pay customers. That's not ok. Buffet was pleasantly decent. Noise control at night was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that parking at our hotel was a challenge for you while staying with us. We do have very busy times at our hotel that may limit parking in our immediate lot. We do however offer additional parking across the street shall these issues arise. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back in the near future.