“Comfortable, Quiet, Convenient”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Comfortable, Quiet, Convenient”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for several days while I was in town to run a half marathon. I arrived on 4th of July and the parking lot was crammed and the check-in line was long, but they did have overflow parking across the street and I was able to move my car the next day, once the 4th of July fireworks guests had checked out.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay. The room (a king bed room in the tower) was very spacious and quiet. The bed was decadently comfortable and room was clean and everything in working order.

I appreciated that there is a restaurant on-site and eating on the outdoor patio was wonderful. the service staff in the bar, the restaurant, the lobby breakfast buffet were all wonderful and friendly. Dinner in the formal restaurant was also very pleasant with excellent, attentive service. The menu is very good, quite creative, and I liked the wide selection of small plate meals. They also have room service which I used one night when I wasn't feeling well.

Everything is within walking distance through the Riverfront Park, very scenic. Lots of eating choices in town just across the river.

Only a couple of glitches during my stay, for example, the gal at the snack bar counter charged me a room service charge on my cappuccino, even though I bought it in person at the counter and despite my questioning her several times about the additional charge, she insisted it was correct. I did get it corrected the next day. It made me wonder how many folks paid it and didn't even notice. The overflowing parking lot was a bit of a turnoff when I first arrived since I didn't yet know about the overflow lot across the street. But after the first night, the lot was only 1/2 full for the rest of my stay. The bars of soap are small and dissipate after only a couple of uses in the shower, yet I never received replacement bars during the stay.

but these are all minor in the grand scheme and I would definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Spokane.

Room Tip: If you want quiet away from the pool noise, stay in the tower rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the minor billing and soap issues you came across but I am pleased we were able to address them and provide a solution. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Brent A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
calgary
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Red Lion is without a doubt the best hotel value in Spokane - especially in the summer if you're travelling with kids. Their outdoor pool and water slide can't be beat, and their location on the river park makes this a great place to stay.
Throughout the summer, the river park in Spokane's city centre becomes an activity hub. We lucked out and showed up on a Wednesday evening in July to discover that there were free movies in the park playing every Wednesday for the entire month (Pitch Perfect was on, and the park was full of people of all ages on blankets enjoying a perfect summer night). In August, the park is home to Pig Out in the Park, a food fest that will satisfy your cravings from foie gras to deep fried twinkies :)
The room we had was a king room, immaculate and quiet with a great patio that overlooked the river. TV on demand, free parking, hot breakfast buffet and a late check out do we could enjoy the pool on a BRUTAL hot day: can't say enough great things about the service. Oh, and they're pet friendly too!!!
The food in the hotel restaurants was great and well priced.
The Red Lion is our favorite place to stay and we'll be back ASAP. Hope you enjoy it too!

• Stayed July 2014
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for the kind comments. We like to think we are perfectly located in downtown Spokane. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Kauai
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 5 nights here. Got 2 different rooms and the maids cleaned the room so nicely everyday. There was so much to do for 4 of us ages 66-3 that we didn't hardly leave the park and the hotel. Indoor and outdoor pool. Water was very cold in both despite the heat. Bar and food served late. Breakfast for kids 6 & under free. Shuttle service was great to go downtown. Complimentary bikes for guests to ride around places. First time to spokane loved our stay

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the great comments! We are truly pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! Please ask about our new complimentary bike rentals next time you are staying with us.

Chanhassen
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Rooms were mostly neat (hadn't been vacuumed) with all the amenities, outdoor pool lots of fun, location fantastic with lots to do within walking distance, fabulous hot breakfast and terrific coffee. Will be coming back for sure! Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

1 Thank Ann M
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I want to apologize for your room not being vacuumed prior to you arriving. I am however happy that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we can't wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Colorado springs
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Vacation with kids on the way to canada. Great location by the riverfront park which is in itself reason to come here. But this place is enormous and seemed full of conventioneers who were more important than we were. Oh yes you pay to park for $8 here and you pay for a breakfast which is $12.95 per person. So we opted for the "windows" restaurant breakfast which was cheaper but had lousy service. Maybe another 2 wait staff? Spent our next two nights at another hometel, my kids word.

2 Thank ruckerco
Thank you for your comments. I apologize that we left a sour taste in your mouth regarding our staffing and friendliness. I can assure you that is not Red Lion stands for and we will be taking the necessary steps to improve in these areas.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Yes, it's in a nice location on the park if you plan to walk a lot, however, this means you also have a long walk to restaurants etc. At check in I asked if they had luggage carts and the girl at the front just shrugged and said , " I think so?" No explanation of where our room was, what the hotel had to offer etc. I paid for a "superior room with 2 queens". When we arrived, I wasn't sure how the room could be any smaller. The bathroom is tiny as well. One of our kids had to sleep in a sleeping bag (our choice) but there was barely space on the stained floor for a 5 year old to sleep. I brought my concerns to the girl at the front desk who was clueless. She couldn't even explain the differences between the rooms, and mid sentence, went to the "back room" to discuss with a manager or someone. She came out and told me a "superior room just means it's in a less noisy part of the hotel or maybe it has a better view ?" When I told her we had a view of the parking lot she just went back to the back. In the end, she said she couldn't change anything, wouldn't give me any discount.
Pool was very crowded and very odd set up in that you have to wear your bathing suit from your room, no place to change there, and no robes offered. Tiny bathrooms near pool were wet, dirty and gross. Chose red lion bc of the water slide, but it wasn't very little kid friendly as it shoots you into very deep water and my little ones got tossed on it and hit their heads. If you want service, cleanliness and a bit of room to breathe, stay elsewhere!! River front park was great and the Spokane falls totally worth a visit.

4 Thank Cheemantravelbig
Thank you for your comments. I apologize about the concerns you had during your stay. We value each and every guest comments both good and bad to ensure you have a great experience. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've stayed at this Red Lion a few times and will stay again. Pros: The breakfast buffet is good. We like the pools and fitness room. The rooms are clean and comfortable. TV has HBO. Cons: They charge $9 for parking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the great comments. It is our goal to become fantastic! We hope to welcome you back in the near future.