“Usually Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sandpoint, Idaho
“Usually Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed here many times and typically have a great experience. The staff are helpful, the rooms are clean, and the amenities are good. This time I had booked through Hotels.com for two queen beds (family of four) and when we arrived they gave us a room with one double bed. We came back down assuming it was a mistake and they informed us they did not have any other rooms available for what we were looking for (had booked). The front desk gal tried to be kind and patient but essentially said it was my fault for booking through a third party site. The manager came out and tried to help (after I asked to speak to her) and the best she could do was an upgrade to another room (still with only one bed) but we would have to pay an additional sum per night stay. They didn't have a roll away bed for that first night, but stated we could call down for the second night on a first come first serve basis for the second night and that we would not have to pay for that (a usual $15 charge). We were able to get the roll away bed but at check out they had charged us and it took forever for them to get it taken off. All other aspects of this trip went well and as previously stated the service was good. I am less enamored of the hotel than I previously was.

Room Tip: Apparently don't book through a third party.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michelle A
Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your review! I want to apologize for receiving the wrong room type upon arrival than what you booked. I want to also apologize that you felt since you booked outside of our website that you had no options and that couldn't be further from what we stand behind. We value each and every guest and I will take the proper steps to coach my team on ensuring this occurs. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Brent A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location right on the river at Riverfront Park in Spokane. It is an easy walk downtown, but if you do not want to walk, they have 24 hour shuttle service. The room was clean and the beds were adequate. The only real complaint I would have is our room was right over the pool area and it opens at 8am. If you want to sleep in a little, forget it. You can hear screaming kids at the pool at 8am.

Room Tip: Ask to not be over the pool unless you like to hear screaming kids all day.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I apologize that your room was located above the pool area. May I suggest one of our other beautiful rooms in another tower. I think you will find those rooms to be quiet and comfortable as well. We hope to honor your requests and welcome you back in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We are happy with our stay. Only negative statement I will say is, the breakfast was overly priced (not complimentary), and not good at all.
.................................................... ...........................

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. I apologize that you found our breakfast options on the high side pricewise. We do have many hotel packages that include breakfast in the rate and it will be our pleasure to share these with you when booking your next reservation with us.

prince george
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Service was awesome, staff went beyond what was expected, location was great. I would stay here without a doubt if travelling through or to Spokane. Rooms were clean and updated, outdoor pool was awesome.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! Thank you! Your positive comments are a great motivation to get even better as a hotel and to continue to ensure each and every guest enjoys their time with us. We can't wait to welcome you back.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I can't imagine anyone not liking this hotel. The location is perfect for the park and downtown Spokane access. The staff is uniformly friendly, helpful, caring, and very accommodating.

We arrived late in the evening and after entering our room and noticing a strange smell, I contacted Monica at the front desk and she graciously moved us to a better room, with no upcharge.

The shuttle drivers were all wonderful, the wait staff in the restaurants and bars were always pleasant and helpful.

Were we to visit Spokane again, I'd definitely return to this Red Lion and I recommend it to you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are truly pleased you enjoyed your stay! Thank your for the wonderful comments and I am glad Monica was able to assist you in finding a comfortable room for your needs. Hope to see you soon!

Coulee Dam, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Last minute trip. We seem to be those kind of travelers! I did get a great discount through Groupon and felt like we got a great deal. I remember when this was the West Coast Hotel and one of the premiere places to stay in Spokane. Red Lion has done a good job taking over a facility that wasn't really built for traveling families. Our room was on the smallish side but my discount was so great that it was fine. Cute little balcony overlooking their fantastic pool. That is the reason I really booked there. It is a complete treat for families. Hours of fun! Be prepared for walking. It is a very large place so distance from "here to there" had us a bit worn out.If you are disabled or elderly the walking could be difficult. Also be prepared for a $30 deposit to be refunded back onto your card if no extra charges were made. I am waiting to make sure that shows back in my account in the next day or show. Parking is $9.00 extra. Not sure why. No snack machines for kids so grab something to put in your in room fridge if you need them. Very efficient staff, friendly, parking spots can be a bit tricky to find. The atmosphere was professional yet relaxed. I had a 12 and 13 year old boy(s) with me and they loved the place. Long review! We would go back again with some type of discounted rate.

Room Tip: We enjoyed over looking the pool.
Green Features: They make the same efforts as any large facility that would like to attract a large variety of clients.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great feedback! I am truly happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We do have vending machines at the end of each hallway for your convenience. I apologize that we didn't offer any in-room snacks but this is of course to assist us in providing the best priced accommodations for all of our guests.

Redmond, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Let me start out by saying that the location of the Red Lion in Spokane is great. Our room was, for the most part, fine (4052) with a view of the pool and a deck the size of Kansas (well, that might be an overstatement, but it was the entire width of the building - for two of us, it was plenty of room!). That said, there were a few misses to note:

1. At check-in time of 3:00, our room was not ready. We were told it would be another 30 minutes which isn't a big deal, but we were tired and really wanted to get into our room. Because we had to wait, the front desk person gave us free parking for our two-day stay (which we very much appreciated since I don't think any hotel should EVER charge for parking). So - I guess that could be considered a positive in a negative situation.

2. The room was OK, but the windows were filthy, and the slider to the deck needed updating/cleaning, as did the light fixtures in the bathroom. They were pretty darned grubby.

3. The second day, our room was not made up. This isn't a big deal since we hung our towels up and who cares if our bed wasn't made. Still, it is a HUGE miss by the housekeeping department.

Would I stay here again? Maybe because of the location, but there are other choices and I might consider them in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your honest responses regarding your stay with us. I want to apologize that your room wasn't ready upon check-in time as well as your room not being serviced nor the exterior windows being clean. We value all comments both negative and positive as this will assist us in providing a great product for the future of all of our guests. Thank you and we hope that you will choose us when booking in Spokane.