“Don't go for the service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Spokane
“Don't go for the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

When we first checked in we received a room on the first floor at the end of a hallway next to the door. We have a baby so that wasn't ideal seeing as people would be coming and going all night but when I asked at the front desk if there was anything else available I was told I shouldn't have a problem with that room. Seeing as I didn't have a whole lot of choice we moved our stuff in.
We gave a baby so I had to put her food in the fridge, on top of the fridge to my delight was an empty case of beer and a half full can, behind the flat screen tv there was also an empty pack of cigarettes in my "non smoking" room, glad to see that the room was cleaned prior to my stay. I again went to the front desk and asked if I could upgrade do something to change rooms, the girl at the front desk didn't really know and went to the back. A couple of minutes later a person whom I believe was named Tracy came out, I told her again that my room had not been cleaned all that well and I'd like to change rooms I'd like to upgrade to something in the tower if possible. She made a face like oh that's gross when I mentioned that the room still had garbage from the previous guest and said that it would be "30 or 40 bucks" without knowing what room I was in(I looked online it's a $10 difference) so I just left it and went to the pool. The rest of the stay was without incident there were a bunch of bugs in the bathroom but nothing you wouldn't find in Mexico. I went to the front desk to check out and met the same lady I believe her name was Tracy that I had talked to two days prior she seemed puzzled and asked me why I'm checking out at the desk and had I not received my bill under the door, I replied the garbage that I told you about 2 days ago is still where it was and to please ensure it is cleaned for the next guest here's the room number.

The beds were comfortable if you have wheelchair or large stroller it won't fit past this counter they placed in the middle of the entrance, but for what they aspire to be they are not. As a part of the promo I booked under I'm entitled to a free night in the fall I hope it's at any property because I will not be returing to this one.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Zach L, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for providing this important review of your experience and thank you for connecting with us via phone so we could more specifically care for your concerns. The way you were treated is not acceptable, and as we discussed with you, the person in question was not following our high standards for guest service. We will address these concerns and coach that person on how to more effectively handle this sort of situation. Thank you again for being so communicative and for allowing us to properly resolve the issue! We look forward to welcoming you back so we can give you the high-caliber service you ought to receive each time you visit Red Lion.

Zach L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Reservations made directly with the hotel NOT HONORED, myself (disabled), my wife, and two children were put out and completely inconvenienced most of the trip. Because I am generally a positive person I will say the outside pool was excellent and the staff are at least courteous. Other than that there are several little issues you will encounter, simple things like nobody answering phones, or requests for items, or room keys daily having to be replaced. Its terrible I am even writing this, I don't ever write reviews and it was so offensive I felt the need to. High price for what you get, simply not worth the money.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for providing us with this important feedback. As we discussed via email, it was never our intention to come across this way, and I apologize for this experience. Consistency and accuracy are extremely important to us, and we work hard to prevent anything like this from happening. I'm glad to hear you felt our staff was courteous and the pool was pleasant, but we strive for every part of the visit to be excellent. I hope to welcome you back to provide the stress-free and comfortable stay you deserve. I appreciate your comments, and look forward to speaking with you over phone about these concerns as well.

Fresno, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My children and I had a conference to attend at the Spokane Convention Center. The conference hotel was full, so Red Lion Hotel at the Park was recommended as the alternate. I was really glad that this hotel was recommended. I got a better deal on the room rate than the conference hotel. Red Lion at the Park has a very picturesque setting with the river and park literally steps away from the hotel door. It took us only 4 minutes to reach the convention center on foot. We felt safe walking through the park morning and night to attend our convention. We found lots of fun things to do at the park. Also, there are plenty of fun shops/stores to explore near the convention center, easily accessible on foot. We enjoyed eating at Olive Garden and Chili's and walked to a nearby Rite Aid for necessities. The hotel staff was very helpful and attentive and responded quickly and graciously to our many requests. The large pool with slide was a big hit with my kids.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding our staff and service. It's always great to hear our staff get recognized for the excellent service we strive for each day. It sounds like you and your family had a ton of fun in Spokane. The park is a beautiful spot to relax and spend quality family time. Next time you should try the Onion -- it's a great restaurant that's local to Spokane. See you next time!

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We booked here because it had an outdoor pool and wanted to spend more time in the sun, pool-side, so we were ok paying a bit more...

The room was ok, but tired, with an odour that was less than desirable. Some wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom.

The pool was nice, but the key-lock didn't work and the lifeguard had to let people in the pool area; there not enough lounge chairs for patrons and the small snack-bar was closed.

For the price paid for this hotel and in comparison with other properties, we expected more.

Stayed August 2014
I appreciate you submitting this review of our hotel. I apologize we did not represent the value or standards you expected. The issues you noted about the room have been provided to our Maintenance department and the key lock for the pool area has been addressed. We do hope you'll visit again so we can prove these experiences are not normal to our brand and our hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

For a shade over 100$ you get a safe, clean room with the best outdoor pool in Spokane--and a very convenient location. A wonderful stroll through the park right into town. And a free shuttle as well.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for telling everyone how much you enjoyed staying with us. I'm glad to find you appreciated the value our hotel provides and the beautiful location as well. We love Spokane and are always glad to be a gateway to this city for out-of-towners. The free shuttle can't be beat either -- it's even complimentary for downtown transportation to great restaurants like Europa.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed in Spokane for a family event, but choosing Red Lion at the park was our best decision. Great location, easy access to trails and the park activities, and wonderful timely shuttles to all the local attractions. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and property is well maintained. Staff were courteous and knowledgeable, and answered our questions kindly all throughout our stay. So happy with our choice to stay here!

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Brent A, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thanks so much for the nice comments and feedback regarding our hotel and staff! We pride ourselves on the people who come to work each day, striving to give the best possible experience to our guests. It's great to hear you found this when you stayed and the value was perfect for your family event. All of us love helping people discover Spokane, and we're grateful to hear our staff put their local knowledge on display. We look forward to hosting you next time!

Kind Regards,

Brent A.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We arrived at 2:30 pm and tried to check in but were told we couldn't until after 3 pm. When we tried after 3 pm the room was still not ready. When we finally got the keys we went to our room in the "Tower" section. The halls and the room had a smell of old cigarette smoke and our room had a dirty cup on the floor by the bed. The sofa chair in the room was so badly stained we wouldn't sit on it.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for commenting about your experience at our hotel. I'm so sorry to hear that someone was breaking our rules and smoking in our non-smoking facility -- we take this very seriously and trust our Manager-On-Duty did their best to stop this from occurring. Also, you should never have to experience room concerns as you noted. This issue will be passed along to our Director of Rooms so he can properly address it. I assure you these things are not common to our hotel, and do hope you'll try us again so we can provide the stress-free and comfortable stay you expect.

Kind Regards,