Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,833 results
All reviewsred lionthe riveroutdoor poolbreakfast buffetconvention centershuttle serviceclose to downtownarenaconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked a room for 5 people. It said it was a premium room, with 350 sq. ft. The room I got was about 200 sq. ft., and only had two queen beds for 5 people. I complained and was told that that is all they had. I asked for a rollaway bed and was told that they were out of them. At least we got one for the next two nights. Also, their breakfast is horrible and expensive if your not a platinum member, which I am, but they tried to charge me anyways for the one day we went to their lousy breakfast. Not impressed. The pool was cool, but closes too early. Also the room I had 5050, does have a nice balcony.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Zach L, Front Office Manager at Hotel RL by Red Lion Spokane at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for submitting this review about your experience. We want all our guests to be comfortable during their stay, and relaxed after visiting. It's never our desire to provide inadequate accommodations. Also, being a Platinum Member entitles you to 4 free breakfasts per day, and we would never intentionally charge you for one of those. Still, I'm sorry the system created an unexpected error and am glad to hear it was corrected! As to the Outdoor Pool hours, we're required by law to close at sunset each day for safety reasons. While we don't want this to be an inconvenience, we hope you'll understand the high importance we place on guest safety. Thank you very much for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back next month.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here and went to Silverwood Theme Park for 2 days. The room was clean and quiet. My grandson loved it and the pool. He rated it a 12! Close to downtown Waterfront Park. Beautiful view. The parking was the only bad thing but than we realized there was another lot across the street. I asked for extra coffee for the room and was brought it immediately. Everyone was very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. It's great to hear you and your grandson had such a nice time visiting our hotel! Our proximity to fun destinations like Silverwood is definitely convenient, and the pool (and slide) is an awesome way to cool off after all the fun. Be sure to use our free downtown shuttle next time so you can explore Spokane in style. See you next time!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a great time and our children so enjoyed the pool and amenities! There is so much to do as family with the Park close by, it makes for nice walks anytime of day and the pool is perfect. There is a great selection of food options if you just want to stay close by. There are wonderful complimentary beach bikes to use, we just didn't have enough time! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the nice comments about your stay with us! I'm appreciate hearing that you and your family had such a pleasant time. There certainly is a lot to do in Spokane, and our free bike rentals make it that much more accessible. Being steps away from a fun downtown area and a beautiful park is definitely a plus. I look forward to having you visit again, and hope you have more time to explore Spokane's cool local spots like Atticus Gifts and Mobius Kids Science Center.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

we decided to rent a room and utilize the wonderful outside pool for my daughters 1st birthday. Everything was perfect! We were upgraded to a pool side room and had a terrific rate. All the staff was kind and helpful. Thank you for helping to make my daughters 1st birthday perfect!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We're so glad to have been able to help celebrate your little one's 1st birthday! Our staff love getting a chance to provide special memories for families. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to the poolside room, and that you and your family had such a nice time. We'll be ready next year for birthday number 2!

Best Regards (and many more happy birthdays!),

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I found this property to be very tired and in sore need of an update. Maybe it was the wing of the hotel I was in, but the rooms-yes, i changed mine twice- had a stale off putting odor. Sandwiched between a busy hallway on the lobby floor and the parking lot, no rest was possible with kids running up and down the hall and voices coming from the lobby area as well as the piped in music that plays at all hours and is not soothing in the least. My room was not vacuumed well and the coverlet on the bed was stained. the bed was lumpy and the pillows yellowed which you could see through the cases. Aside from the desk chair, there was no other seating. I would have enjoyed the outdoor area which is in a lovely setting however that music again-loud and invasive. The pros: nice people and great location otherwise ........

Room Tip: High floor away from the pool and the parking lot which means the annex building away from the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing us with this helpful feedback. We take each comment seriously, and handle noise complaints swiftly. If there is any doubt, please feel free to reach out to our Front Desk staff so they can get a manager to resolve the concern immediately. Additionally, the cleanliness concerns you mentioned have already been looked over by our Director of Rooms so he can address these notes with his staff. It's not normal for our hotel to provide this type of experience, and I'm sorry for the difficulties you encountered. I still hope to have you back in the future, so we can provide the type of experience every business traveler, yourself particularly, ought to receive.