“Impressive”
Review of Red Lion River Inn

Red Lion River Inn
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 12 December 2012

After reading a few other travelers reviews of this Red Lion location I was a little bit afraid of what this hotel was going to be like. I am happy to say I was very, very impressed/happy with my stay! The girl at the front desk, Brittany, was very friendly, the bed was soft and comfortable, the hotel restaurant makes a great steak and vegetables with an impressive happy hour menu, and they have live music on Tuesdays! I'm in Spokane for business once a month and have been staying at the DoubleTree or Hotel Lusso downtown, but based on this experience I'll be here a lot more in the future!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank ScheminWillieBeamin

Reviewed 6 December 2012

They don't mention only "seasonal" room service, if you like stained carpet and bedding with an eighties flower theme stay here, I made a reservation for 4 nights after 2 nights the marijuana smell was so strong I had to check out, and no refund for the the other 2 nights! I would encourage families never to stay here!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Dwimber
RL_Customer_Care, Coporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I booked this room with hotels.com expecting a clean comfortable room for a one night stay. The front desk was very friendly. The room however was not friendly at all. The smell of mold/mildew was over whelming. I requested a room change and was told "we are booked for the night, we could place an IONIZER in your room for a couple of hours to see if that helps." I usually stay at Red Lion motels in Spokane and have always had a good experience with them. I was very disappointed this time. Especially when they were unwilling to refund my money for the room. I will use caution the next time I book with them. I recommend to stay away from the Red Lion River Inn and consider staying at the Red Lion at the Park.

Room Tip: Request to see room before first.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the bad odor in your room.
We do appreciate your feedback so that we are given the opportunity to address your concerns. We thank you very much and we hope to have the chance to serve you better in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 November 2012

The location along the river is very nice in the summer, but the accommodations are quite poor. We stayed two nights and had to switch rooms for the second night. We were told that the second room would be nicer but both were tired and old. The carpet was stained and the room smelled stale. The worst part, however, was how noisy the hotel was both nights. The walls are paper thin, and it sounded like an elephant was in the room above us. In the morning, there was not enough hot water for two showers. Wow.

To the hotel's credit, the staff is friendly and there is live music most nights in the restaurant. The breakfast was good, and the room price was affordable. Unfortunately that doesn't help a person get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
RachelAndrade, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you so much for your feed back regarding your most recent stay. We have some great updates coming in the next few months to our hotel that we are really excited about. I truley apologize and hope that you will give our propoerty another chance in the near future.
We were so glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, staff, great music and food we offer!
Thank you again for your feed back and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

This was the perfect end to a long day of driving. The room was clean. The distance from the parking lot was less than some places I have stayed due to the layout of buildings. They accepted our pet easily and we had no issues with the staff. The closeness of restaurants was another big plus. This was a good place for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cleat12
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Spent one night at the Red Lion River Inn. There are two things that are critical in a hotel room....clean room and a comfortable bed. Unfortunately, the Red Lion only got one right....it was spotless. The bed, however, was awful. It was a pillow-top mattress that sagged in the middle... so my husband and I spent the entire night trying to unsuccessfully roll out of the middle. Just awful. The room itself was very nice....tasteful furnishings, spacious and quiet. Our room was 281 building V....hopefully it was just this bed, but I'd check to see when they last got new beds in the rooms before I'd consider staying here.

Room Tip: Check your bed first and make sure the Grand Canyon isn't down the middle. Corner rooms are bes...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding cleanliness in your guest room and will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff. I do for your bed being so uncomfortable and we will have our staff look into that as well.
You are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I was booked into this hotel by an organization that was paying for my stay. Let me say that as a result, I won’t be attending any further meetings with this organization unless I can choose my own hotel. Check-in was disorganized; some folks were given bottled water, some weren’t (my colleague and I were not). My request for a quiet room was apparently disregarded, as I ended up on the 2nd floor (better than the 1st, I’ll grant you) facing the parking lot. I ran the air conditioner all night (yes, in October) just to cover the noise.
This hotel is well-used, with the big lump you find in middle of mattresses that have seen hundreds or thousands of uses. There was toothpaste on the wall in the bathroom, the mirrored door on the hallway was cracked, and – as mentioned before – the single-paned windows allow for all the parking lot and Division Street noise to come on through. The final straw was when I made my coffee the next morning and picked up one of the cups in the room only to find a hair (not mine!) inside the cup. Skip this place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
RachelAndrade, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience with us. I feel poorly that your stay did not meet your expectations. I do apologize that our front desk team did not place you in a room that was more quiet. In the future, a good tip is to request a River View room, facing away from the street. The bottle water we give out is intended as a gift to our Guests that are a part of our loyatly program, I apologize if the Front desk did not invite you to sign up. On behalf of the hotel, please accept my apology for the poor service you experienced. This is not typical of the service offered our property, and I am confident that if given a chance for a return visit, you would have a different experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to make us aware, and I do hope to see you as a guest in the future.