“Very convenient location. Good value for money.”
Review of Red Lion River Inn

Red Lion River Inn
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a nice room here well back from the rather busy road. Convent central location. Two pools both rather small for size of hotel and rather cold also.

No breakfast included with room price so we did not try the restaurant.

Some rooms if road end or near pools would be noisy

Reasonable priced rooms and good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2014

So I am a regular Yelper and just started this Trip Advisor blog to definitely assist those who come from out of state to figure out where to stay. As a Red Lion Loyalty member, I would have thought that you would get better service but definitely not at this place. This was worse than my first stay.

I initially stayed a month ago at the Red Lion at the Park in the Parkside Grand Suite (see review on Trip Advisor) and did not have a great experience either secondary to the lack of amenities within a suite. However, I am all about giving places a second chance, so I stayed at this sister hotel because I could get a free breakfast in the morning. Upon coming into town I came to the Red Lion River Inn at 400pm. My room was not ready. Not only was it not ready, many others in the lobby did not have their rooms ready. In fact, I counted 6 to be exact. I asked when check out was and they said 12. I also confirmed that the rooms were supposed to be ready at 3pm. They confirmed yes. So I asked, why aren't they ready? It looks as though there is a major problem with the housekeeping and time management. They didn't have an answer.

The service was so poor, that a colleague of mine was actually given a key to another guests room once her room WAS ready! Talk about embarrassing and totally unacceptable. My room was not ready until 430pm (630pm my time). Several of my colleagues actually left after the first night. I didn't want to have to repack my belongings, but I definitely wanted to go especially after walking into their room and walking into the hallway. The hallways were filthy, the room (King suite) was not cleaned appropriately, it smelled musty and moldy, and my handle for the cold water in the sink came off in my hand. Thank goodness I come from a blue collar family! I fixed it myself!

Although the hotel is very close (within a 5 minute walk to Gonzaga University campus) I would highly recommend staying somewhere else. In fact, my friends after leaving went to the Oxford suites which I visited later the next day and wish I would have repacked my belongings and checked in there! Beautiful, very good customer service, clean and no musty smell.

Sorry Red Lion, I gave you a second chance and I will be staying at another hotel the next 7 times I come back up for business and spending my hard earned money where guests are treated with more respect regardless of loyalty or not.

Room Tip: Do not get one by the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MichaelaKlose
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. I would like to truly apologize for any unprofessionalism that was shown to you by our front desk staff. You are a valued guest and I would like to assure you that this will be addressed with all of our staff. We do hope that you will stay with Red Lion Hotels again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Get a room away from the rear of the complex (large sprawling 6 buildings site for the hotel) due to the construction. The room is clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom showed some age but that is to be expected. I had the service guy up to the room 3 times due to the card keys not working. It turned out that the way to pull the card key out of the slot is important - you have to bend the card slightly upwards in order to unlock. Possibly due to the location of the reader not quite installed properly. Once I got the hang of it, the door opens without issue. Also there is no elevator in the entire complex. If you need elevator access, go somewhere else. Otherwise, the location is great. Good value.

Room Tip: avoid the back buildings
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank openvision
RachelAndrade, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your great 4 Star review of the hotel! We at the Red Lion River Inn are excited to see our neighborhood grow, and we try to insure that our guests are not disturbed.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Wonderful hotel for a holiday.
Comfy beds, easy check in and out, kids loved having two pools to choose from, easy to locate, close to downtown and shopping in Spokane. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away from it all. Beautiful river valley made an 18 hour trip seem peaceful. Thank you for everything the staff was great!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your excellent review. We appreciate the time you took to let us know how you liked the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your trip to Spokane and your time in our hotel and we look forward to having you stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I live at the Red Lion River Inn Spokane three nights a week, every week for my job. It is a very clean well run hotel right on the Spokane river. the restaurant is right on the water with equal amounts of outside and inside seating. the hotels operates six shuttles that they share with this property and another one right across the street. I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a shuttle, and the drivers are all very knowledgeable about the city and can offer great advice on different restaurants and places to go.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your amazing five star review! We are glad to hear that we can make you feel at home while your on the road. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

A sprawling property on the banks of the Spokane River, just over the bridge from downtown. Six buildings, a tennis court, a paito for dinner and drinks. Nice place, reasonable rates, and very busy with locals, travellers, and the average working man.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, as this will also give you a nice sunrise on a summer's day.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great 4 star review. We appreciate your feedback. We are very proud of our hotel and of our amenities and we would love to have you visit us again next summer. Feel free to visit us this winter too!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for 3 days at this place during a business convention. It was a comfortable place and was fairly inexpensive. The food selection for breakfast was lackluster at best, but for the cost of the room it's tough to complain. There are other places in Spokane to eat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your great four star review. We are glad you choose us for your hotel while in Spokane on business and we are glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable. We hope to have you stay with us again very soon.