“exceptional staff”
Review of Red Lion River Inn

Red Lion River Inn
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 6 August 2014

- restaurant patio overlooks river; white lights at night; nice. easy access to riverwalk trail leading to downtown and falls and views.
- staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, beyond expectations!
-shuttle available for 2 mile radius gets you anywhere important in town you need to go.
- two pools, tennis and volleyball.

Room Tip: ask for something close to front desk/door; it is a huge property. also ask for 1st floor, no eleva...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank redcat2013

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Exceptional staff, neat and clean rooms;a lovely beach filled with happy children but quiet in the mornings for an early AM dip; followed by an excellent breakfast, all at a reasonable rate! Who could ask for anything more.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank r m
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First off, let me start by stating that we ended up staying at the Red Lion via Hotwire. I've stayed at a Red Lion before (another city) and wouldn't have chosen to stay there again if not for Hotwire.
Very happy to say, was an excellent choice for us. Visited over the August 1st long weekend (from Canada) and the place was booked solid, even with that we easily could find parking every night. The room we had was 236 and had no view of anything, just the parking lot BUT the room was clean, the beds were VERY comfortable and for short amount of time we actually spent in the room it was excellent. NOW HERE'S WHAT I LOVED -- As a family (4) we've booked 4 and five star hotels in the past that only had tow double beds, no fan in the bathroom, expensive parking and thin walls.....Red Lion had Queen Beds (and very comfortable), Quite rooms, good parking and for a family of 4, bathroom fan was amazing to finally get ....try having four showers in the morning and not having to wipe the mirror every 3 seconds to remove the haze. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. Location is very good for walks and getting right into downtown fast.

Room Tip: Ask for a river front view room.....
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kpattison
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I loved the hotel: clean, well located, quiet, low key and very friendly. The location was outstanding, as was the staff. The poolside room was clean, comfortable, and had a lovely patio area. The bed was very comfy, the housekeeping timely and thorough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
1  Thank Todd S
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My sister and I traveled to Spokane for a concert. We were warmly welcomed by Jasmine at the front desk, who was helpful, well informed and efficient. I had stayed here 2 years ago and it was just "ok". They have really upped their game in every area of this hotel. There grounds were beautiful and they were working on improving in different areas around the hotel. All employees were helpful, friendly and hard working. We ate in the restaurant and had room service and both were great meals, served hot and with a smiling waiter. They have 2 pools, both were up and running and a welcome respite from the heat. Where there used to be a rundown hot tub they have replaced it with a lovely deck with fire pit and fountain. New pool chairs were inviting and comfortable. The room was very clean, the beds were wonderful with new mattresses and comforters. We had a room with a slider out to the pool and a patio table that we had our room service meal at. Everything about this stay was lovely and relaxing. I would definitely recommend this beautiful hotel right on the river to anyone.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a room facing the river. Beautiful views and a well kept walking trail are jus...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RachelAndrade, Front Office Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

We would like to thank you for your review. We are so happy to see we surpassed your expectations on many levels. Our staff is our best assets at the hotel and we are glad to see Jazmen made such a great impression. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I travel for the my work and have stayed at many hotels throughout the United States and Canada.

I had the occasion to stay at the Red Lion River Inn in Spokane for an extended holiday weekend. I travel alone, and am very used to fending for myself in a hotel!

This trip was for pleasure, as I was attending the wedding of the son of a very close friend.

Sadly, I became ill the first day of my stay, and for a wee bit of time was unsure that I would be healthy enough to attend the rehearsal Party or the wedding!

Rachel at the front desk was so very kind. She ensured that I had everything I requested, and also made sure to ask how I was feeling when she saw me in the lobby.

She made very sure that the drug store was open when I needed to go there to obtain my medication. She also made sure that I was well enough to drive (I was.) The personal attention to detail was magnificent!

On the second day of my travel, I was too ill to leave my room for the housekeeping staff. They were very understanding!

Happily, I was well enough to attend all the festivities, but being in a strange town, and not knowing where stores were located, I really depended on the front desk staff to ensure that I did not just drive around in circles!

The wait staff at the restaurant were also very accommodating and understanding!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Spokane!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a room on the second floor, you need to ascend and descend via...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Average rooms, nothing to wow you. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast buffet in atrium area included in price. Convenient back exit to walkway that lead to a pathway into the park & down town. Comfortable beds. Over all a good overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends