Red Lion River Inn
US$153
US$132
US$130
  • Pool
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue(Spokane)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$86
BestWestern.com
US$167
  • Pool
All reviewstennis courtsgonzaga universityroom was cleanthe river walkfront desk staffcentennial trailbreakfast buffetriverfront parkwalking distance to downtownhotel restauranteasy accessan older hotelhappy hourripplespoolsshuttlerates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We enjoyed this hotel so much that we booked it on our return trip too. The rooms are above average and the staff helpful and friendly. What makes this hotel so special is the location. Walk a few steps out of the hotel and you are right on the Spokane River and a path leading to the Riverside Park. The restaurant connected to the hotel is also right on the river. It was delightful sitting outside during the day watching the birds or at night under the trees lit with sparkling lights. By gosh, the food was decent too. During breakfast, the chef who grows all the vegetables, herbs and flowers surrounding the outdoor tables, came out and offered my granddaughters to pick the very sweet mini-straw berries. He even offered that we could pick the very lovely red tomatoes that were cascading from the containers. The hotel also has two very nice swimming pools. And to top it all off, the rates were reasonable. We were on a 4000 mile road trip and the Red Lion River Inn was our favorite!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor facing the river.
1  Thank JoAnneEHR
RachelAndrade, Front Office Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Very excited to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the River Inn. Very pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant and the staff within it. We try our best to make every guest feel as comfortable as possible! I will let our chef know how he made a positive impact throughout your stay! We will see your next reservation, thanks for choosing Red Lion!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

When I booked our room I had looked a the pictures online and the pool looked so exciting for my kids, it was quite big with a waterslide and a hot tub with pool side rooms. It turns out the pictures I was looking at were of Red Lion Inn - At the Park, not the Red Lion - River Inn. I didn't realize there were two hotels. I thought it was one called Red Lion River Inn at the Park. So although we were happy to have a poolside room, we were quite sad when we walked on the river path and saw the OTHER hotel...the one that we were supposed to be at with the nice pool.

1  Thank Kerri L

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize we were not the hotel you were actually wanting to book a stay at but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will look into our website and talk it over with our technicians to see if there is a way we can make the two properties stand out from each other so we can avoid the confusion for guest who are making reservations! Thanks again!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Room keys did not work throughout the trip. Toilet ran for an hour after being flushed. Damage to the mirror in the bathroom was tacky. Pools were absolutley TINY, not at all how the were represented on this site.

1  Thank Tracy P
RachelAndrade, Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I was sorry to read about the issues you experienced during your recent stay. We definitely have staff on to check any issues like the keys not working or your toilet running and want you to be as comfortable as possible while you are our guest. Thank you for your feed back and we hope you will return to give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We ended up booking this hotel with expedia's unpublished rates deal. For the price we paid, we were very happy! And I would totally do the unpublished rates again in a heartbeat. The hotel was fine. It was quiet, clean, the beds were extremely comfortable! The staff was very helpful. We showed up early and our room was ready. If I had to choose something to complain about it would be the fact that their plumbing needs attention. The toilet ran and ran and occasionally didn't work (the chain would come unattached in the back so we'd have to take off the lid and fix it.) Also in the middle of the night when I went to get a drink of water, no cold water would come out of the faucet. I'm guessing it was because it was 100 degrees out and maybe their tanks of water had warmed up too much (?) I have no clue. It was just kind of odd. The hotel is dated (but so is most of Spokane), of course it could use to be updated but I was fine with it. The pools are both nice. The figure 8 shaped one is much smaller than it appears in the photos but the rectangular one was great... we loved it. All in all it was a nice stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again if I could get another great deal.

1  Thank SWV1
RachelAndrade, Front Office Manager at Red Lion River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and tell us about your stay! It's always great to hear about how are guest enjoy our staff and amenities. We are sorry to hear about the issues with plumbing be assured the issues have been addressed. See you next time you're in Spokane!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel stay was by far the worst red lion I have ever stayed. The eggs in the breakfast did not taste like real eggs. The hotel needs to be remodeled. There were sketchy people staying at the hotel that made me feel unsafe. The staff was very nice and pleasant. Next time I will stay at the red lion at the park.

1  Thank Teresa S

I appreciate your feedback! I apologize that during your stay you did not experience our Red Lion standards of hospitality. We are glad to hear that our staff made a great impression during your stay and hope that you will give us a second chance in the future.