“Eh”

Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
“Eh”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Previous reviews are mixed. I met friends there. Typical Chinese buffet. Food was mostly hot, good variety of dishes, quality fair. Seemed a bit pricey at $10.49, especially since my friend's 12 and 9 year old paid the same. I avoided the sushi due to previous reviews.

Visited May 2013

Richwood, New Jersey
“Good value for good food.”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

I was a little startled to walk right in to the food counters. There are double doors, so I have to assume (I hate that word) it is ok since they are in business. The food was really pretty good. Nothing was dry or over cooked. The service kept our water and tea full. The lady at the front counter, I do believe, had the best attitude and personality we have ever seen at an Asian restaurant. She was so real and friendly. We would definitely eat here again.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank JStepanski
Chewelah, Washington
“Good food”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Older building, not remodeled well, but a nice variety of food. The price is right, the food tasty, but the restaurant could be kept cleaner.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank notpicky68
Poulsbo, WA
“Uh, no.”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We decided to try the new location since we were driving through on a trip and wanted to sit down but not spend a lot of time. Unfortunately, we were disappointed in the quality of the food, overall cleanliness, and the attitudes of the staff.

This place has so much potential, but it is clear that it is either not ready for this location, or they don't plan on staying long. The buffet entrees were just okay (although lots of them), and the sushi was just so-so (and I wasn't exactly comfortable with how i saw the sushi being prepared in terms of cleanliness). Another thing was the variation in temperatures among the foods in the buffet. While the egg fu yung was about room temp, a few trays down, a chicken dish was so hot that the metal spoon actually burned my hand and left a red mark!

The tables and utensils were not very clean, and I noticed a lipstick mark on my glass from a lack of thorough washing (not that it hasn't occurred at other restaurants, just a real peeve of mine).

The wait staff also seemed disinterested from the time we arrived at the door and waited for the hostess to stop reading a magazine to the time we left after waiting for the check for 10 minutes. I also wasn't happy waiting another 10 for napkins and had to finally get them from another table.

With a great location, plenty of room, and a fairly nice interior, this place has a lot of promise but seems to be lacking in overall management and the according customer service a successful restaurant requires.

I hope they can turn things around. I'll keep checking here to see if it improves.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank WWUDad
Denver, Colorado
“High hopes but let down.”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My family and I had dinner at this buffet on January 19, 2013. We're in Spokane for the weekend and this buffet is just down the road from the hotel. Having dinner were me and my husband and our two kids age 7 and 4. We had very high expectations for this buffet after seeing how many options they had. Unfortunately, it let me down in many ways.

We were seated right away and asked for our drink order. I asked for two of the drinks to have a kids lid but that wasn't understood and all four glasses came without lids. We asked someone else and they got lids for the kids. The kids eat basics like chicken on a stick and pizza, if they have it. They like noodles and rice. They seemed to like what they had. They had meatballs on a stick and honey bar b q hot wings. My husband said his stuff was OK. He didn't rave about anything but the green tea ice cream.

I thought with all the selections, I'd have no problem finding something I'd like but it was difficult. First, every chicken dish I tried that had a sauce was too spicy for me. So I tried the peanut chicken and honey wings. Peanut chicken was chewy and wings were a bit dry. Then I tried the rolls. So many rolls to choose from! But very few were labeled. I picked things I thought I could identify and I ended up eating things that were not enjoyable at all. And the rice on the rolls was cold so those rolls weren't made fresh. They were made earlier and then served. Fresh sushi rice is closer to room temperature because it's being worked with at that moment. In fairness, I did like the potstickers. That was the one thing. Oh, and the green tea ice cream in a cone. That was really good.

I would not return to this buffet and I would not recommend it to anyone. The cost for the four of us was $33 before tip.

• Visited January 2013