“Disappointing: not fresh, out of crab and : ”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hong Kong Buffet

Hong Kong Buffet
Ranked #596 of 881 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore, Singapore
“Disappointing: not fresh, out of crab and : ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This Thanksgiving night, so we had few options. This is our first time, what a disappointment. The lobster, crab, were older than I am. I was not impressed as the vegetables were tired and far overcooked. The sushi and pho were very nice, and made to order. Sadly, even the ice cream is freezer burnt. We lived in Hong Kong and Singapore but really is a far cry from even average mall Chinese food. Find an alternative. I'd rate it a C-

3 Thank DavidPlate

Victoria B.C.
“Yummy Lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were travelling through Spokane and had a coupon for this buffet. Weren't sure what to expect but we were very pleased and enjoyed a wonderful lunch. It looked much more authentic than most buffets I've seen and the food was varied and very tasty. Many different variations with well spiced flavours. The sushi was fabulous, many selections. The won ton soup was very different using whole wheat won tons, yummy. Lots of great veggie selections and too many choices to try. Everything was fresh, clean, well appointed and delicious. The hostess was very helpful and our server good about clearing the table. I really appreciated that.We talked to some locals who eat there often. We were very impressed with the food quality and variety of selections.The manager came by to talk to customers which always helps in good customer service. Well done Hong Kong.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Luaulady495
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Best Chinese food in Spokane Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We went for lunch and the price was excellent, under $8 per adult. There was plenty to choose from. Both Asian and American style foods available at salad bar, hot food and dessert, so I guess picky kids could still find something they would like.
I liked that they had California rolls in the buffet. The fried rice, a pork dish, dumplings, avocado spicy rolls and this sticky peanut dessert were my favs. I will definitely go back. We have tried just about every Asian restaurant in Spokane Valley and this is by far the best. The rest are horrible to say the least, and it gets old having to go downtown to PF Changs to get decent Asian food. I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Best Asian Buffet in Region.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

This is the best Asian buffet on the region. I eat here about once every ten days. There is always a wide range of dishes, as well as a large selection of freshly made tofu, a salad bar, and a soup bar. The soup bar allows your take your choice of raw ingredients which are cooked r you and placed in a owl of fresh broth.

My only critical comment is that the week end prices are substantial higher for what is essentially the same food served other days. Avoid the week ends for lower rices.

Visited August 2013
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“This is my first ever negative review - but you should know.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stopped here with high hopes after a day of travelling. First two tour buses showed up at the same time we did and the lines for the buffet moved very slowly. Second, the food was very mediocre to poor tasting. Most of it tasted like cardboard. Mall Asian food tastes better. There is a good variety - I will give it that. However, I am very cautious about eating seafood that I am not positive has been prepared and stored appropriately, therefore, did not eat any seafood from this buffet. I really wish we had spent our 11.99 a person elsewhere. The food was cold and just not very good.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alison B

Been to Hong Kong Buffet? Share your experiences!