“Don't pass up this hotel”

Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
San Diego, California
“Don't pass up this hotel”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Nicely sized rooms, an evening reception, and a full breakfast make this hotel stand out from the rest. Add in the free parking and wi-fi, and you have everything you need. Breakfast is a little thin on offerings if you prefer more of a continental meal, but there were eggs, sausage, and potatoes both mornings we were there.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 5_Frosts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Lake Stevens, Washington
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Using this establishment for 2 weeks of work away from home was a pleasant experience. After enjoying their good breakfast, the chauffered ride to the job was a great start to each day. Walkable to Gonzaga and access along the river made it easy to get some exercise. Their evening happy hour and food was good. Staff was courteous and because it's not a huge hotel, everyone was very personable and responsive to requests. I'll definitely return the next time I visit Spokane.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We always stay at the Oxford Suites, this location is very well know as the place to stay when in Spokane. We have stayed twice right on the river front side, beautiful views. The breakfast is a huge plus, nice downstairs location to eat. The location is perfect for walking along the river, to shopping, and Pig Out in the Park.

Room Tip: Don't book anywhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tripstocker
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I and our adult daughter stayed at the Oxford Suites for two days just before Christmas. We were not familiar with the place but the location was perfect for us so we thought we'd give it a try. Our suite had a king sized bed plus a hide-a-bed in the living room which could be separated with sliding wood doors. Perfect. The suite was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. No complaints on the hide-a-bed either! The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Parking was free and available right outside the building. The real bonus of our stay was the excellent breakfast buffet PLUS each evening there was a reception with nibbles (eg. veggies/dip; nachos; chilli) with each guest receiving 2 glasses of wine or 2 beer -- free. Can't be beat! This was our first visit but definitey not our last. Many thanks to the Oxford Suites for a super stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great hotel, great location. Stayed for two nights. Free transportation into town within 2 miles.
They took us to the Europa for dinner and picked us up. Nice big clean rooms with great Luxe Collection shampoos and lotions. Had to buy a lotion it smells so nice. Free breakfast. better than normal. Also happy hour with snacks ever night. The bar area could be a little bigger.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Nice rooms, friendliest and most courteous staff and management. They truly go out of their way to male their guests fell comfortable and right at home. I would recommend it without hesitation. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. The bed is very comfortable unlike a lot of hotels where the mattress is old and lumpy. But really the staff is what makes the hotel a pleasure to stay at. One morning I was late coming out of the room, and one of the front desk clerks actually told me he got worried and was going to check up on me. You don't get that kind of service in most hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Bigfork, Montana
Reviewed 3 January 2014

First off I want to say the staff is lovely- very nice, very accommodating, no complaints at all about them. Also, the property is clean, which is very important. I booked for the indoor pool/spa/sauna/steam room since we were traveling with our son: the steam room was down the entire stay, the spa was down in the evening, and the pool was down the next morning. A little bothersome, but I could deal with it. What I could not deal with (and the reason I will not stay there again) was the noise from the rooms around us! You could hear everything. In the middle of the night, I heard some guy using the toilet as loud as if he was in my room. An alarm (I'm guessing in an unoccupied room?) went off before 6 AM and stayed on for what seemed like forever. I recommend housekeeping should make sure no alarms are set in unoccupied rooms, because that was just the worst. If I had paid less than $100 to stay there, I might have thought "You get what you pay for," but for the money I'd like to actually sleep for more than one hour.

Room Tip: Top floor, you won't have the stomp of the Titans overhead. End room with no one in the adjoini...
Stayed January 2014, travelled with family