“Great Stay-too short!”

Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
“Great Stay-too short!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We could only stay one night on our way down to WSU Alive orientation. The young tall male check in clerk working on Friday afternoon @ 4:30 pm was very courteous, as I had accidentally made a double reservation but he took care of it like it wasn't a big deal. Room was very clean, tub and counter sparkling, we used the mini fridge and microwave. Lots of channels on tv. Having a sink in your room is a little unusual but not a deal breaker. Used google maps to get there, but there is construction going on in downtown Spokane, be prepared for unexpected detours and road closures until it is finished. There are more well known hotel brands nearby, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It was my first Oxford Suite's stay and I will also look for their other locations as well. Breakfast wasn't crowded @ 8 AM on Saturday.

Room Tip: I requested, and got, a room away from the elevator as an earlier post suggested.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stay at this hotel at least once a month. It is a great value, nice clean comfortable beds, on the river, free breakfast with Tullys coffee! In room coffee is Wolfgang Puck! My frustration is there is no coffee in the lobby and the breakfast room opens at 6:00. There are nice cups in the room but no paper cups so I can't take a cup to go. If you want to grab a cup of coffee on your way out the door before 6:00am. Run across the street to the Holiday Inn. They have some! :)

Other than that, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Crogs
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
We have great news! Feel free to go to the restaurant for coffee before 6:00am. Coffee and to go cups are available prior to opening, and you are certainly welcome to pour a cup before you leave in the morning. If you experience any other issues or need assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to ask our Hospitality Specialists at the front desk. We would be more than happy to assist! Thanks for choosing Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane!
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the first time we have stayed at an oxford suites. The room overall was very clean, however there were some noticable spots on the floor. The room we had was quiet, they had a good breakfast, excellent wifi speed being on the 4th floor. They have ample parking and are right off the hwy. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. Now my negatives. My biggest pet peeve-all there rooms have the sink outside the bathroom. I find it a pain when there is more than one person staying in the room and you have to disturb their sleep in the morning when you have to use the sink to get ready for your day. I don't know if this is the same for all oxfords' but they don't have bar soap in the rooms. They have pump dispensers in the room. The soap is not sudsy at all. I tried using the liquid soap in the shower with a washcloth and it was pointless. I understand why they are doing it but I like my bar soap.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hercules71
Stettler, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Only stayed one night but was impressed with the hotel missed out on the free drinks but the shuttle to downtown was a bonus. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was decent but barely warm.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Our large family stayed at this hotel over July 4 weekend so we could attend a wedding. Great free breakfast, evening drinks and snacks, yummy freshly baked cookies and fresh apples.Extremely helpful and friendly staff. The location is perfect to watch the beautiful July 4 fireworks. We enjoyed the river trail every morning and throughout weekend. Best part was how affordable the rooms were.

• Stayed July 2014
La Paz, Bolivia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

It's just a nice hotel. Comfortable beds. Free drinks at night. Free airport shuttle, good internet, the breakfast is pretty poor. We stay here at least once a year when head up to Canada to see my folks.
We love fact that it's on the riverfront park, so great for a brisk walk after a long flight. And the riverside park mall is right there.
The best part is it's 5 minute walk to Clink-daggers restaurant.

Room Tip: Top floor is less noisy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Seattle USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was one of may favorite overnights on our last road trip. The executive king room was a perfect configuration for my family with a fold out sofa bed in a separate area divided by pocket doors. This allowed my toddler to sleep while my husband and I had our own space. We were also lucky enough to get a room with a view of the fireworks on the 4th of July. Absolute perfection. The location is within walking distance to the river front park and restaurants. It also offers a happy hour with two free wine/beers per adult plus a couple little snacks. Breakfast is nicely done and yummy. The hot tub is great and the pool in nice but I wish it was a bit warmer. A great choice all around. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family