“Great wine--cool venue”

Barrister Winery
Ranked #24 of 94 things to do in Spokane
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Barrister Winery is located in downtown Spokane in a beautiful brick building built in 1906. Started by two attorneys in 2001, this winery is a must visit. With bold expressive Washington grapes and some careful aging, the wines prove to be some of the best in Washington. The building boasts 18' ceilings with 100 year old brick, original wood beams, and the original wood floor. The basement is full of over 450 barrels of aging Barrister red wine. In the summer the courtyard fills up with flowers and has a beautiful barrel wall, making this the perfect place for your next event. Open 12-5 daily for tastings. THERE'S MORE: Brand New tasting bar location in the Liberty building at 203 N. Washington across the street from the new Davenport Grand Hotel. Come visit us, open daily.
Spokane, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great wine--cool venue”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I recently had an amazing experience at Barrister Winery. Greg Lipsker gave me a personal tour of the facility and made me feel right at home. I also enjoyed tastings of three Barrister reds--their Cab Franc Rough Justice (blend), and Syrah. All were terrific. The atmosphere is a superb blend of arts, history, and fine wine.

Visited September 2013

Irvine, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Greg is a delightful host”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I had an appointment to meet Greg Lipsker late of afternoon and he gave me a private tour of the Winery. Plus we enjoyed tastings right out of the barrel in the basement. Greg was a very informative about the business and how and why they made their wines. The winery sells their wines to a number of local restaurants, also over the tasting counter and through his Wine Club. They also host and stage "Special Events" such as Corporate meeting, Weddings, Bridal Showers and the like.
The Barrister Wines are very unusual and they make small quantities of each varietal. If you would like to learn about wines, without being overwhelmed by a lot of snobbish insider wine talk, then Greg is your man.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank MTKowBoy
Portland, Oregon
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

It had been several years since I had been to this winery. Incredible reds......Cab franc, Sangiovese, and Syrah my favorites. I only wished I lived in Spokane, but definitely will stock up each time I visit. This is the best winery in the area.

4 Thank Skylark205
Spokane, Washington
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“The Best Of Everything”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This is hands down the best winery I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Their award winning wine is to die for and once you attend one of their "first Fridays" you will be addicted.

My Advice -- Join the wine club!!!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank locosd40
Helena, Montana
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Lovely tasting room, great wines”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

On a wine trip to Spokane a few years ago, we discovered Barrister -- and went bonkers over their wines, especially the reds. Now, whenever we are in Spokane, we go in to taste the latest releases, enjoy the ambiance of the tasting room and the friendliness of staff and proprietors, and to load up the SUV with at least a couple of cases. If you love wine and consider wine tasting a fun way to spend an hour or more, do check out Barrister. It's tucked away by the railroad tracks, but offers wines that will bring you back.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Botticelli1105

Been to Barrister Winery? Share your experiences!