“Lovely, well curated arboretum”

John A. Finch Arboretum
Ranked #20 of 103 things to do in Spokane
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I'm new to Spokane, and this is one of the first places I visited (end June). First, as others have mentioned, the photo is not of the arboretum. The grounds are large, and I probably spent 2.5 hours walking at my leisure and taking photos. There are many very mature, beautiful trees that are grouped in kind. The grounds are a perfect mix of maintained yet "wild." The creek is my favorite part. My only criticism is that the specimens are not labeled well enough. Also, a big downside for me is the I-90 traffic and airport flight path noise - it was NOT peaceful sounding in my experience, but very noisy (and I hail from one of the largest cities in the country). It is very peaceful to look at, but the city noise was a distraction through at least half the park. I'm sure this is a modern problem, since the arboretum was established over 100 years ago. I had no trouble finding the location (several others mentioned that it's not easy to find). From downtown, take Sunset west and it will be well marked on your left after Government.

1  Thank elisabethia

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We love to picnic here! Even in the winter, a soup picnic and cross country skiing is the best. Fall is gorgeous! Spring and Summer something is always blooming

Reviewed 3 June 2013

The Arboretum is a wonderful place to stroll and take the time to just relax. We walked the entire park, to include the upper Glen area. There are so many areas to take pictures of family and also of nature. The pictures on this site are not of the Arboretum but instead they are from the Manito Park in South Spokane; another wonderful place to visit at different times of the year. When you go to the Arboretum, make sure to take water with you on your walk and maybe even a little energy bar for a snack. We went the south part of the park first and came back on the north side and were a little thirsty and hungry by that time. The water in the fountains was very refreshing and the facilities were clean. The park needs some weeding, but actually I felt it added to the feel of being out in nature more.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Seems like every variety of tree is planted here. Fascinating collection and all labeled. Lovely grounds best enjoyed from late May to October.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This is just a lovely magical place for a stroll and a picnic. I think it is one of Spokane's undiscovered spots where anyone can enjoy a piece of heaven.

1  Thank docpolly