“Spokane's Best Kept Secret!”
Review of Spokane Club Inn

Spokane Club Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Spokane B&B and Inns
“Spokane's Best Kept Secret!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Perfect location to downtown Spokane with excellent safe garage parking. Walk to all venues in the downtown area. They rooms and restaurant are continually being updated. Be sure to ask for one of the new updated rooms or pay for the suites. The staff and customer service is fantastic! Be sure to make reservations in the restaurant and enjoy one of Chef's fantastic meals. I would highly recommend the athletics facilities and a good workout or swim. Good for couples, business travelers and singles. Tell them Connie Stark, StarkTours.org sent you! You'll have the family club feel for the best value and service in downtown Spokane.

Room Tip: Book my favorite suite on the fourth floor located on the northwest side! Great view of the river an...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank StarkTours

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great location, reasonable price, pleasant lobby, good restaurant and worn out but clean room. My regular room was outdated with stained carpet and old tile. My sister's upgraded room was fantastic! So if you don't care about the room, then its a good place to stay.

Room Tip: If you get an upgraded room then you are in a very fine hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Ryan L, Hospitality Director at Spokane Club Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Hi Travelhound,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and various areas of the facility. I apologize for the state of the room that you stayed in. We are continuing to update our guest rooms and I hope the next time you are in town you will enjoy one of our newly updated rooms.

Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again!
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Location: great location. About three blocks from the mall, restaurants, library, and downtown.
Parking: it is about a block away and $10 a day. There is a loading and unloading spot in front of the hotel, so you can drop off your luggage and then park (and pickup luggage at checkout).
Facilities: the bar and restaraunt were terrific. Reasonable prices and great choices. There was even a healthy breakfest of egg whites, fruit and great bread toast for $7. The bartender also made a great pear martini which was amazing. There is also a gym and a pool but I didn't have a chance to check it out.
Room: the only downside to the stay. First, and it may not be a big deal, but I found it weird that the room had no bath (and the shower head was a little unwielding). Also the room looks pretty aged. The tv is an old clunker and there was paint pealing off the wall. I have also come to learn that you can tell how clean a place is by what's under the bed. I dropped an item behind the bed board and ended having to move the bed where I stepped on a baby pacifier - yuck. Finally I could tell if he mattress was just extra soft or old and saggy, but it would sink when you sat or laid in it. Room did have a mini fridge and coffee.
Other: staff was friendly and you can store your luggage downstairs after checkout if you need to (I had some business and wasn't leaving until evening). There was also two computers downstairs to print boarding passes, ect.
I would potentially stay there again but will also give one or two places another try.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tac0matraveler
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The rooms are clean, the service is great. convenient and located in a good area.
Nice Coffee machine and coffee selection in the room. it feels like you are living in an old house with old furniture , but in a way it works. parking is 10 dollars through the hotel and it is a block away, not so bad. street parking if you wakeup before 8 to move the car or add money for 2 hours is convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travellotcities
Ryan L, Hospitality Director at Spokane Club Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
We are please to hear you enjoyed your stay! We continue to update our rooms without changing our "old worl charm" so to speak. We hope that you will visit us again in the future!

Thanks again for staying with us and for the review!

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We found this lovely hotel to be lovely and charming. We had an excellent corner room on the fourth floor, and while old fashioned, it was clean and very comfortable. We liked that it was old because it was well maintained. The front desk staff and the housekeeping staff were very helpful and efficient. We were there for a family wedding and had several rooms, all different, but all very nice. Our bed was very comfortable, and we enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant as well. The rehearsal dinner was held in the library and it too, was full of old fashioned charm. As another reviewer stated, this hotel is a throw back to a more elegant time and we loved it and cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: The corner suites offer a lovely cross breeze.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wine76
Ryan L, Hospitality Director at Spokane Club Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend! The entire wedding party was a hoot and we had a very fun time accomodating you! Thank you for the positive review and we are excited to serve your overnight needs in the future.

Regards,

Connell, Washington
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have to say, I would rather drive home after a trip to Spokane 150 miles than stay here again. I first had to explain I had paid for parking and had to email the conformation to the front desk. Upon arrival to the room we pulled the disgusting comforter back only to see sheets that are thread bare and ripped, I told the front desk and she said "Oh, I will make a note of that. The cleaning crew has gone home for the day"...Really? I wouldn't think they were ever there. The floors are filthy and there was either blood or jam on the closet doors, I wasn't brave enough to get that close and look. I went out and my wife stayed behind at the room to relax and she couldn't get the 1980's TV to work. The front desk did bring up remote batteries. The towel closet in the bathroom had portions of the wall that had crumbled and landed on the shelf and what a surprise it hadn't been cleaned up. I seriously think an Econo Lodge bathroom has a better star rating than this room deserves. (sorry Econo Lodge) for the comparison to a run down hotel room as I was stuck in to ruin what should have been a great weekend. $135 for room tax and parking could have been used at a much cleaner hotel like The Ruby, too bad it was booked. Upon checkout the front desk lady didn't even ask how our stay was, she must know how horrible it is? Never again I say and I will definitely let people know where not to stay...The Spokane Club!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ross B
Ryan L, Hospitality Director at Spokane Club Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry for the experience you had during your last visit with us. The room that you stayed in has been put out-of-order and we are currently making the required repairs. This is by far below our standards, and we take very seriously the enjoyment of our guests and the quality of our rooms. I hope that you take me up on my offer of a free stay with us the next time you are in town!

Once again I apologize on behalf of the Spokane Club Inn, and we hope to make it up to you in the future.

Snohomish, Washington, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2013

we called ahead of time,we were told swimming pool would be open ,all amenities of other hotels offering.we booked and drove 300miles to find no parking,swimming pool closed,no continentel breakfast,but we were offered a fruit buffet at the 'low price of' 8.95 per person! no vending machines ,no ice machines on any floor,called the front desk ,and were told there was a store near by, unless we wanted to pay 2.50 per soda which they would reluctently bring up to our room.no microwave.so we paid 115.00 for 1 tin y sweltering hot room,and literally ,thats it! dont waste youre money there ,big dissapointment.

Room Tip: make sure the receptionist is very clear,especially if you are driving a long way to get there.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shawna S
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry for any miscommunication that occurred during your stay. Our parking facility is located about 800 ft from our front entrance just around the corner. We have an ice machine located on our third floor in the center of the hallway. I truly apologize if you asked for these amenities and they were not given to you. As far as the swimming pool, on the day of your stay we had a lightning storm and were forced to close the pool due to the safety of our members and guests. I hope that you will visit us again and give us the chance to make up for your less than desirable visit. We take our guests experience to heart and work hard to improve them.