“Historic Charm”
Review of Spokane Club Inn

Spokane Club Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Spokane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The historic charm of this hotel/club is lovely. Originally built nearly a century ago, it was renovated about 30 years ago. There are some things that are a bit tired, but it is very clean. The bed was comfortable and the linens were spotless. Bathroom had modern fixtures and nice toiletries. You pay a bit more for a corner room, but they are larger and worth it, to me. Refrigerator in the room, a Keurig coffee maker and glass glasses and ceramic coffee cups are great features. No wasteful paper cups.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Covered parking ($10) is about a block away or you can use metered parking on the street. There is an excellent fitness center adjoining the hotel with a pool and courts and indoor running track. Locker rooms are very clean. There is no charge to use this facility.
My only negative was that the steam pipes in the room were a bit noisy, but again, it is an older hotel, so that is how those things go. Not a deal breaker, in my eyes.
It is centrally located. Walk to theaters, restaurants, Riverside Park, shopping.

Room Tip: Corner room, facing the Falls is very nice and quieter than lower floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coachmary
There are newer reviews for Spokane Club Inn

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stay here the week of September 23rd for a convention. I read the reviews and thought I would give it try being that I don't like sterile modern hotels as much as hotels with character. This hotel was built as a private club a century ago and like so many old world charmers had suffered neglect at the end of the last century. It remains a private Inn attached to a modern athletic club. The Spokane Club has in recent years been engaged in updating and refreshing this wonderful hotel. The room 321 that I stayed in was wonderful with period furniture a bar with a refrigerator and a comfortable bed. The bathroom was definitely in need of updating but was clean and had an additional closet. The public area of the hotel are warm and inviting. Close to everything down town. We had a exquisite meal at Burgandys on the main floor.

Room Tip: I got a good rate with breakfast through Red Lion reservations.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OrientationsTravel
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I recently had the opportunity to give the Spokane Club a second chance. We were glad we did, the staff were very frifriendly and accommodating. The River View Suite was spacious and the oversize King bed was comfortable. The room was clean and and inviting. Thank you Spokane Club for the great accommodations this past weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ross B
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My adult son and I went to Spokane for a birthday celebration. I used a bidding website and got this as a 3 1/2 star hotel. When we arrived we found our room with only a single bed. I asked for a room with two beds and was told I had to pay an extra $20. We went back to the room and saw that it had an old TV (not a flat screen) and the bathroom looked like a cabin bathroom, with a very small pine sink and old, blackened tile grout. It was hot and small and not the type of place for a celebration. I decided that even though I had paid for the room, staying would ruin the weekend. We left and for $5 more got the best hotel in Spokane.

Room Tip: The web says they have refurnished rooms, I wouldn't accept anything else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank KarenMissoulaMT
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Room was so outdated. Tiny. Bathroom had mildew in the tiles. The toilet was like that you would find at a high school gym or stadium. The cabinet was rotting. The staff was not very friendly. The front entrance is not wheelchair accessible. Therefore we had to carry our baby stroller up the steps. We barely fit in the elevator. The bed was awful. It sagged in the middle and we both woke up with aching backs

I can't believe how much we spent for such an overall horrible experience. Will NEVER stay here again NOR recommend it to anyone. we were only glad that we had stayed only one night. I have stayed in better quality hotels in third world countries!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank GalBlueEyes
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Perfect location to downtown Spokane with excellent safe garage parking. Walk to all venues in the downtown area. They rooms and restaurant are continually being updated. Be sure to ask for one of the new updated rooms or pay for the suites. The staff and customer service is fantastic! Be sure to make reservations in the restaurant and enjoy one of Chef's fantastic meals. I would highly recommend the athletics facilities and a good workout or swim. Good for couples, business travelers and singles. Tell them Connie Stark, StarkTours.org sent you! You'll have the family club feel for the best value and service in downtown Spokane.

Room Tip: Book my favorite suite on the fourth floor located on the northwest side! Great view of the river an...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank StarkTours
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great location, reasonable price, pleasant lobby, good restaurant and worn out but clean room. My regular room was outdated with stained carpet and old tile. My sister's upgraded room was fantastic! So if you don't care about the room, then its a good place to stay.

Room Tip: If you get an upgraded room then you are in a very fine hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Ryan L, Hospitality Director at Spokane Club Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Hi Travelhound,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and various areas of the facility. I apologize for the state of the room that you stayed in. We are continuing to update our guest rooms and I hope the next time you are in town you will enjoy one of our newly updated rooms.

Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again!