“Better management”

The Madison Inn by Riversage
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I where directed to the Madison from hospital where our son was staying. We stayed in the same room two nights the whole entire time there the cable was out. The first night we where told be the receptionist that the cable was out. The second night we went to purchase. A DVD player and rent movies due to the cable still being out. When we left the hotel we stopped to talk to the receptionist that checked us in the day before telling him the cable still isnt working in our room and what our plans where. We got back late hooked up the DVD player and that didn't work either. So I called the front desk to tell the graveyard receptionist about our trouble, she came in and out couple times. Calling people and trying to fix the cable in that room. We had asked if she can't figure out the issue with that TV if we can be moved to another room for the not which she was OK with. She calls back saying her general manager wont move us because it was 2am by this time. She asked if we would like to talk to her boss so my husband said yes. Once he called he was rude and arguing with my husband over the issues we where having and blaming my husband for the cable not working in our room. My husband nor I touched the cable connection. The TV was that way when we got there. I have never been treat that why by a general manager no matter the time it was that's part of his job and making sure his customers are satisfied and we wont nor did he try to compensated for the problems we had. My husband and I will not be returning to the Madison inn.

Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Darlenebke
TMIManager, General Manager at The Madison Inn by Riversage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

It is our goal at The Madison Inn that all of our guests have an enjoyable and restful experience, and that they leave with the knowledge that they will return because they were treated with respect and dignity. It is so frustrating to find out that a guest has a complaint or concern after it is too late to take care of. It is true that Comcast experienced an interruption of HBO service during this guests stay, Comcast had restored service by 7:00 PM. I also share this guests' frustration that I did not find out until 2:00 am in the morning of their second night that they needed more assistance than the front desk staff on duty could provide in hooking up their DVD player. It is also true that much earlier in the evening (around 7:30 pm) they passed by the front desk and mentioned that they were going to purchase a DVD player then return it later for a refund, they did not give a reason to the front desk person. I did call the room at the guests' request because he wanted to talk to the 'head honcho', but my recollection of the conversation is much different. The first time that I called the room to speak with them, I was told perfunctorily that I would have to call back because the husband was outside smoking. When I called back later I did not blame anyone for the cable not working, I did suggest that a DVD player can not be hooked up to our televisions at the same time that the cable box is and that also the television needed to be on either channel 3 or channel 4. The guest challenged my familiarity of the television and to my knowledge did not try my suggestions. I apologized that my suggestions were not useful to them and also said that had we known earlier we certainly could have assisted them, but at 2:00 am it was a little late to have someone come in. I offered to have it taken care of first thing in the morning, just let us know when it would be convenient. Neither the guest nor the desk staff mentioned anything about a move to another room to me. In the morning their message light was turned on so that we could get a convenient time; after checkout time it was obvious that they had left the hotel without answering the message light or stopping by the front desk. Incidentally both staff members that dealt with these guests expressed their frustration that they were treated disrespectfully.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

A little bit difficult to find but worth the effort. Professional and helpful check-in. Modern hotel with decent sized rooms featuring shower over bath, hair dryer, Refrigerator, microwave oven, tube TV, iron and ironing board and recliner armchair. There were two queen beds in our room but the pillows in each were flat and we raided one bed to enhance the other. The room seemed clean but during our stay we found a half-full water bottle behind the curtain, small pocket knife beside the microwave, a used make-up brush and rubber ring on the shelf above the clothes hangars and a cigarette paper under the bed. Breakfast is served in a nice large room near reception. Selection was reasonable but would be enhanced with some cereal options (not Fruit Loops).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John_M255115
TMIManager, General Manager at The Madison Inn by Riversage, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Hello John,

Thank you for your comments, I am so glad that overall you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the many amenities we have to offer our guests as well as the great service from the desk staff and the incredible value. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that you were not able to give us a fifth star in your rating. I do assure you cleanliness is one of our highest priorities, The condition of your room and the items that you found is NOT to our standards. I just met with the Executive Housekeeper that inspected your room prior to your arrival and shared your comments with her. We strive every day to make our guests feel welcome, safe and at home. Every room is inspected every day. Thank you for sharing your experience so we can use this to step up our game.

Bill

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our brother was in Sacred Heart Hospital and the St Luke's Rehabilitation. The Madison was within walking distance to hospital. Nice continental breakfast and very friendly staff. Great restaurants within walking distance. Most people staying there had family members in hospital and staff at Madison were always exceptionally concerned. Would recommend reservations if posssible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carlakayc
TMIManager, General Manager at The Madison Inn by Riversage, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Bless you for your kind words and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community while staying with us. Our compassionate and concerned staff makes sure that all our guests regardless of their reason to be in Spokane; the leisure traveler or the business traveler has the same hospitable and welcoming experience. The Inn is nestled in Spokane's Historic Lower South Hill neighborhood, with many homes on the National Historic Register. There is also easy access to downtown Spokane and the myriad of businesses, shopping, restaurants, arts and entertainment. We can even offer discounts for shopping and dining from our Hospitality Partners. Our upgraded internet service with 100mb bandwidth gives you fast and reliable access to remotely connect to work or visit with family and friends. We have same day valet service if you need a suit or dress cleaned and pressed for a business meeting or wedding. I invite ALL travelers to Spokane to see what The Madison Inn has to offer. We will go the extra mile for you.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

About ten years ago, we were desperate to find a reasonably priced place to stay in Spokane. The Madison Inn appeared on the Internet. We never expected that it would become a second home for us.
The hospitality of the staff and the quiet and clean rooms immediately impressed us. We have returned year after year for pleasure and to visit family members
What really made the Madison Inn special for us is that it became a haven when family members in Spokane faced serious medical problems. .Our most recent visit was in mid July for a family member’s surgery and post-operative care. Time and again, I heard stories of other guests in crisis using nearby Sacred Heart Medical Center and other medical facilities, and the staff patiently and knowledgeably guided these guests to services. These guests, like us, were grateful for the helpful, caring and respectful customer service at all levels.
You can read about the many amenities of the Madison Inn—from Wi-Fi to a complimentary breakfast—in the Trip Advisor from other guests. But the Madison Inn goes beyond what other hotels offer in some unique ways. How often can you find a motel or inn with a Tranquility Room where one can reflect in solitude or sort out issues in crisis?
While the Inn provides a safe, supportive environment and special rates for people who have medical needs, it’s also an excellent choice for business or pleasure travelers seeking clean, affordable accommodation at a convenient and quiet location in Spokane. We’ve recommended the Inn to friends visiting Spokane and they’ve all been very pleased with their lodging and the friendly, thoughtful staff.
My husband and I look forward to our next visit to the Madison Inn—for pleasure.

Room Tip: The reception desk and lobby are on the third floor and guests enter on third floor off the parking...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betsy L
Reviewed 3 September 2013

On a trip for college business, my wife and I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean, but most of all, the entire staff was caring and professional. They allowed us to check in early, gave helpful suggestions and tried to be helpful in every way. We plan on staying there again, if we are Spokane again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

It got good reviews so we decided to get off the interstate and give it a try. Good decision! Clean, very quiet, secure parking, limited free breakfast, affordable. We would definitely go back. Good discount for AAA too.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Fitzfox
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Since our daughter lives south of Spokane and our son lives in North Spokane and both work at Sacred Heart Hospital, this hotel has been most convenient for all of us. They have stayed there when the weather was severe so they could get to work the next day. Over Christmas, with a family reunion in town, we decided to take advantage of the holiday special. Our room was very clean and since we stayed four nights, the rate couldn't be beat. We loved having a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in the room, which was spacious. Plenty of hot water and a comfortable tub too. There is shampoo in the room but no conditioner so bring your own. We had some trouble with the toilet and when we talked to the manager about it he was responsive. I think the mattresses need to be replaced soon. Other than that, it's a nice hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family