The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
US$178
US$110
US$99
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue(Spokane)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
  • Breakfast included
US$135
1,832 results
All reviewsthe palm courthistoric davenportacross the streetpeacock loungeself guided toursafari roomwalking tourpeanut brittlenewer towerturn down servicewalk in showersafari themevalet parkinglarge showerbeautiful lobbydowntown spokaneroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This hotel is in a great location and has a suite of really great bars - the Ale House had an especially jovial happy hour - and the lobby and ballrooms are grand and beautiful. Bedroom was nice and the bathroom was huge with a fantastic shower. Pool area was decent, although the jacuzzi was way too cold. We enjoyed a comfortable stay here, however, we felt like more like customers than guests and one member of staff was slightly rude which I wouldn't have expected. Nevertheless it's a solid choice but perhaps slightly lacking in charm from the staff; and it would have been nice to have coffee or breakfast included in the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I agree with all the wonderful things previous reviewers have said. I had toured the lobby of the main hotel on prevous trips to Spokane so I HAD to stay in the original building. I was soooooo pleased with everything from the valet to the front desk to housekeeping to the beautiful room. It feels so lux to sit in the beautiful lobby and sip coffee or wine (depends on the time of day) and chat. Due to unexpected change in travel plans we had to leave a day early and the staff graciously refunded the last night of our stay, without a penalty.

I would recommend the Davenport to anyone that is looking for a special place without breaking the bank.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2,851
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel from start to finish and that is rare. First there are 2 buildings-the main hotel and the tower 1 block down. I stayed in the tower building which is beautiful and has valet or self parking. The expansive lobby has a full service restaurant with very good food. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby. If you don't like Starbucks there is a coffee house across the street.
The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and large. I couldn't get over the great bathroom with walk in shower. All products were in dispensers on the wall so if you don't like that bring your own.I always do anyway.
Other pluses:
Good desk space to work.
There is a mall 3 short blocks down.
Easy to navigate to the hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Haven't stayed in such a deliciously beautiful hotel in years. The furnishings, service are wonderful, only complaint NO IN ROOM COFFEE BREWER, I don't want to have to get dressed to go to lobby Starbuck's for my FIRST cup of coffee. EVERYthing else was wonderful.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are lovely in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The first time we visited this hotel, my husband and I were absolutely amazed. We had come in off the street and asked for a room. We had driven 8 hours and were tired, thought this place was just beautiful, and wasn't far off the highway (about 5 min). Most people know that if you don't book ahead you can get just taken advantage of in regards to price. In fact I had even joked with my husband that there was no way our budget for the night would work with this place! Boy was I wrong! They worked to find us a deal, (we paid roughly $100USD with all taxes included) which was extremely impressive for what they offered! A room with all the usual amenities that was just beautiful and clean, soft fresh high quality bedding and mattress, smartly appointed and absolutely unique! Then there was the dining - service first rate, specials that were extremely affordable and high quality food!

The hotel itself is just a beautiful piece of history, well maintained and lovely to walk through. I would recommend giving yourself at least 45 min to walk through the main hotel and view the displays and architecture. There are two buildings and both offer different food selection and decor so it is worth your time to view both. The second building isn't as detailed but is very neat, with an animal theme throughout. It is close to shopping which is about a block or 2 away.

Our second trip we had to bring our daughters and it was just as lovely as the first time - however we did book ahead this trip - and we paid a little more but we still think it was worth it! We were offered an upgrade for $20 from our original booking which was well spent! We received a room with a view that was extremely spacious and fit our family of four very comfortably. Once again the service staff was happy and pleasant, eager to assist you, friendly and quick to address any concerns. Food was again extremely affordable (3 course dinner with dessert and drinks was $60 for all 4 of us plus gratuity) and delicious. It was lovely to come back and share an amazing place with our daughters!

It is nice that there are still places out there that give you value for your money! High end hotel but not (in our experience) high end costs!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family