“Greatest beds ever”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The remodeled Davenport has been brought back to life. There is a walking tour of the hotel and the half hour to one hour spent is well worth it! The ballrooms were beautiful and the woodwork and carvings were indescribable. The Peacock Lounge has a stained glass ceiling of a peacock that is unbelievable.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Sunday brunch was fabulous and our stay was one to remember.

Room Tip: We stayed in the old part. We heard no noise and the rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is really a unique and classy spot in the heart of downtown Spokane. My wife and I spent three nights there - I goofed off and she attended a conference on-site. We had a room on the 10th floor with a view to the north. The room was large with a king size bed, desk two chairs in a spacious main room with separate closet and sink area and bathroom. The bathroom is fabulous. It sports a full size tub backed separated from a large (big enough for two with room to spare) walk-in shower area by a glass wall. The towels are plush as were the two bathrobes in the closet. A local specialty peanut brittle was left on each pillow when the beds were turned down in the evening. Six feather pillows and one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in made for a great sleep. The room was dead silent other than muted street sounds. The original architecture was been restored to its original luster and is a treat to behold. I can't recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay in the original building, not the newer tower. I would recommend getting a room up...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

From the moment I was picked up at the airport to the day I departed, this hotel and its staff impressed me. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure I was receiving great service. The room was outstanding. Clean, spacious and a great view. I especially loved the chaise lounge in my room and the turn down service with peanut brittle. I would stay here again in a heartbeat AND will compare all other hotels to it in the future.

Room Tip: As for a room on a high floor. Nice views of the sunsets.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It is easy to write a review for the Davenport Hotel. I dont know the exact history but it was originally built by Davenport, a wealthy railway business man, years ago. Fortunately in the late 90's a couple of local business people and philanthropists managed to prevent it from being demolished and restored it to its former grandeur. That says it all--it is indeed grand-- and would stand up in any city in the world from London to New York. The architecture and detail is fantastic. The new owners have expanded and there are two additional hotels now--The Lusso--a boutique style hotel, and The Tower. They clearly have a good eye and the quality and detail have been maintained to great effect. We found all three to be very tastefully done in very different styles with no corners cut. The lack of coffee and minibars are, by the way, a choice in the name of minimizing environmental impact. We are thrilled to find such a fantastic place in a relatively small city ( Spokane is also great).

Room Tip: we stayed in the original building facing west and the room was beautifully bright
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank applepop
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It's too bad that this hotel is located in Spokane because I'm sure thousands of people will over look the opportunity to stay at this amazing hotel. First, when I say amazing, I'm talking about the historic old tower, not the new one with their crazy animal print rooms. So when you book here, be sure to request to be in the historic tower. I've stayed here probably over 10 times and just love it. The beds are so amazing I actually bought the matress set and sheets and pillows. I've eaten at both the Palm Court and the Safari Grill. Both have great food. I love the Cougar Gold dip at the Safari Grill and for some reason, they seem to hire the nicest wait staff ever to work anywhere. We ALWAYS go to their Sunday Champagne Brunch. Such a great value for $39.95/person. I just feel bad that I can't eat there all day! The Peacock Lounge is fun and usually full with a good crowd. And even if you just want to hang out in the lobby by the fireplace you can enjoy. They do a great job decorating for Christmas. I also tried the spa this trip and it was a fantastic experience. Very friendly staff! I really can't say a mean word about this place. One of my favorites! Keep up the good work Davenport!

Room Tip: Be sure to book the historic hotel and not the new tower.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joyce S
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked 13 rooms at the Davenport Hotel for a weeding in August. The Hotel is just first rate--beautiful public spaces, and big comfy rooms. We opted for a Parlor Suite, which was perfect--a small living room adjoined the bedroom, so we could entertain family. The room included a small fridge and wet bar.
All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, and all seemed genuinely proud of their city. Spokane is a beautiful spot. If you go--you MUST stay at the BEST hotel in town.

Room Tip: Parlor Suite was worth the upgrade--tons of room. Showers were huge too
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Love, love, love the Davenport! Stayed here with a girlfriend for a weekend getaway and had the most fantastic time. We had a tower room which have a "safari" themed decor and we loved it. The beds are super comfortable with fantastic linens, bathrooms are decent sized and beautifully appointed, and we received a complementary tray of snacks/bottled water upon arrival.

We had dinner and cocktails in the Peacock Lounge from their $15 special menu (LOVE the decor and ambiance and the food was fantastic) and had a very tasty but inexpensive lunch in the Safari Room with my college-age daughter and her roommate. They felt totally pampered! We shopped in the beautiful gift shop, had spa treatments, toured all the public spaces of the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed all of it. The Palm Court is something out of time and is so beautiful. The entire hotel is beautifully restored and gem in downtown Spokane. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. We are already planning our next rendezvous but this time will book one of the rooms in the actual hotel just to experience the different room style than what we had in the tower. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Book in the tower to save a little money and if you like "safari" themed room or in the ma...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends