The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
1,832 results
All reviewsthe palm courthistoric davenportacross the streetpeacock loungeself guided toursafari roomwalking tourpeanut brittlenewer towerturn down servicewalk in showersafari themevalet parkinglarge showerbeautiful lobbydowntown spokaneroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Loved the Davenport Tower! We enjoyed the beautiful room in the tower and great service. We had a dinner meeting in the original hotel across the street. Our main meetings were close at the convention center. A great venue for business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family and I stayed for the 4th of July weekend. What a great experience! The hotel was beautiful, comfortable and fun for adults and kids. The hotel staff was friendly, welcoming and very helpful. I can't imagine a better place to call a home away from home.

Immediately after checking in we were told two important things that made our trip incredible:

1st - The hotel provides free car service within 2 miles
2nd - the "Inland Empire" has an Ale Trail. Basically over 16 micro breweries are in the area around Spokane extending into Idaho. Many of those breweries are less than 2 miles from the hotel.

Put those two points together and you can see how a die hard beer lover like myself could have a wonderful trip. No-Li, Iron Goat, Steam Plant, River City, Ramblin Road and Budge Brothers are all under 2 miles. 3 days . . . 13 micro breweries . . . and I didn't drink one full pint (just got tasters and a few growlers of my favorites to bring home for later)

We had the opportunity to tour both hotels the main Davenport Hotel and the Tower (diagonally across the street); The main hotel is historically elegant and the tower is safari themed . . . yes safari might sound a bit off as a description but it was tastefully done. The hotel has an in-room video channel dedicated to the history of the hotel and the staff will happily give you access to the ballrooms or specific suites mentioned in the video to tour. Not something I would typically do, but actually it was fun.

Food at the hotel was also great. They had a flatbread breakfast scramble that had eggs, hash browns, bacon, cheese and salsa on a fratbread that was incredibly delicious. Also, we tried their room service mini-deserts (a bit on the cold side . . . not made freshly right then) but also delicious.

I do want to mention the only few issues: The pillows were a bit (what we call in our family) "broken": Too flat and not very comfortable and not enough extras in the room to double up. Another issue was that the hotel uses the European style of providing soap, shampoo, shower gel, and conditioner in dispensers built into the sink and the shower. This is ok, but the first pump of the sink soap had a black liquid pour out before getting to soap. Lastly, the hotel pool is in the basement. It felt a bit dungeon like and needed higher ceilings or windows being indoors.

Other than those two issues everything was great.

We did take advantage of the car service and the drivers were very helpful, informative and friendly. The cars they drove you in were premium cars like Mercedes and others.

I can't recommend the hotel enough. If you are in Spokane make sure to stay here.

Room Tip: If you like a beautifully remodeled elegant historical hotel pick the original Davenport; If you want a more modern look and feel pick the tower.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you have the money and want to stay in a fancy hotel, this is the one for you. If you want value for your dollars, look elsewhere. The valet and bell staff were beyond good. The price of staying here was ALMOST worth just dealing with them. The front desk staff was good but I had to ask for adjustments due to problems I had during my stay. They did anything I asked but just, nothing extra. One day our room was not cleaned. We left the room late but I confirmed cleaning would still be done at that time. Ordered a fridge, had to get a second because the first did not have feet and we couldn't open the door. The second was the same but this time they put towels, from our bathroom (!), under it to prop it up! The breakfast we ordered from room service was nothing special. No coffee maker in the room, no fridge (had to order it and pay extra!), no microwave. Sent a review directly to the hotel 4 days ago, have received no response to our above comments. The hotel is beautiful, the amenities are fabulous, the location is perfect. I felt very special being there but so I should for the price I paid and considering this is a 5 star hotel. Too bad the overall execution of services is not up to a 3 star level.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've never actually had to climb into a bed before, but the Davenport luckily provides a stepstool to help you into theirs! The hotel is beautifully redone, I generally like more modern places, but this was lovely. The room was large, had lots of windows, and the bedding was super comfortable. The only oddity to me was in the bathroom, where they have gym-like soap dispensers. It's just an odd thing to encounter, but it didn't detract from anything (and the soap, lotion, etc. were high-quality). The location is great, too. Steps to the city's beautiful park and walkable to businesses and food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is the kind of hotel that even budget travelers should save up for. The elegance and beauty of the refurbished Davenport. This was my first trip to Spokane and the Davenport was definitely one of the highlights. I enjoyed the historical photos on the second story walls that showed generations gone by enjoying the Davenport and I'm pleased
Spokane found it important to save this beautiful treasure.

A special note for the young Concierge - it was her first day on the job and she glowed with enthusiasm and pleasure as she told me bits and pieces of the Hotel's story. The staff was warm and cheerful and informative as well.

I wish I could give more than a five-star rating, the Davenport certainly deserves it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends