“Most beautiful Hotel in Spokane, WA”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Washington
“Most beautiful Hotel in Spokane, WA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I just stayed at the Davenport Hotel this past weekend and we were not disappointed. The room was so beautiful, the bed amazing!( I am going to buy one when my current bed needs replaced-you can inquire about them in the hotel 'Home' store) It is so comfortable that I have trouble getting out of it in the morning! The service is impeccable! Turn down service is so professional and thoughtful. My toiletries ,which I had thrown all over the bathroom, were so beautifully arranged when I got back from a fun day in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene, ID. I was so impressed. Lots of great restaurants in the hotel and in walking distance to the hotel. I will return for sure.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel and not in the annex hotel. I heard the rooms are better in the main hotel.
Green Features: I appreciate the 'green' cards in the bathroom suggesting a more that one- time use of towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Loved staying at The Davenport. The surrounding area is really not all that great...seems that if you're near a bus station you're always going to get a mixed crowd of crazies. Either way, the hotel itself was nice. The breakfast in the downstairs restaurant in the tower was super delicious and reasonably priced. I loved the safari theme! My room had a huge mirror behind the bed which I found rather comforting for some reason. I'd love to go back to Spokane some day and stay there again! Nightly rates were also reasonably for being such a nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been staying at this hotel every year in July and I have been remiss in reviewing it. This hotel Is one of a kind. It underwent a multi-million dollar renovation years ago and has brought back the old world charm. The minute you walk into the lobby you are transformed to years gone by. The staff go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

We have stayed in the Tower but do prefer the old hotel for its charm. The restaurant in both the tower & hotel serve quality food....try the Crab Louie - they are known for it. The rooms are beautifully appointed. The furnishings beautiful and the beds are perfect. You can actually purchase Davenport beds if you wish. My only complaint would be the pillows......they are small and not very firm. I find I have to stack them but the good thing is there are plenty on the bed.

The hotel is located in downtown Spokane....a short walk away from River Front Square for shopping and restaurants. There a many restaurants within walking distance.

My yearly trip to Spokane to join my husband on business is dependent on staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms. We have stayed on different floors and in different parts of the hotel and...
Green Features: Love the fact that they are environmentally friendly. We do not need fresh towels or linens every day. LED bulbs are a given now. It is always nice to see a hotel concerned with the environment.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Davenport Tower and it was amazing! The hotel is beautiful and very clean.
We ate dinner at the Safari Room and it was delicious. The bed in our room was very comfortable! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had heard about this place over the years but nothing had prepared me for the Gilded Age splendor of the hotel lobby -- or the incredibly bizarre "Safari themed" new Tower annex. Was on a business trip and needed to be downtown. Location is great for downtown business. Be prepared for the 1890's. While waiting for colleagues in the main hotel lobby I felt like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were going to barge in at any minute, guns blazing. Had a room in the Towers, a new structure across the street. Also very deluxe and very comfortable but -- why in Spokane? -- decorated in a Disney-like jungle theme, with dead animals and African prints all over and an amazingly horrible faux-leopard skin easy chair in my room. Not what I expected though it sure was memorable. Room was quiet and clean and the bed was great, in any event. Lobby cafe was okay for breakfast, totally outclassed by the decor.

Room Tip: If you don't like sleeping with dead animals, ask for a room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Yellowknife, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Davenport Tower, in a suite, for three nights for a family member wedding. The hotel itself was beautiful and the room well appointed but there were some major issues with the level of service falling short of what I would expect from its 5 star rating. My rating is on the low end of average for this hotel.

First of all, some positives were the bell and valet service, which was prompt and friendly no matter what time we used it. Also, the room was spacious and well decorated with an animal print theme throughout, but not overwhelming. The bathroom was a good size with double sinks and a large walk in shower. We have stayed at a number of 5 star hotels and this one had the most comfortable mattress by far, although the pillows were lacking.

The room service was timely in the am and dishes were large, although nothing especially delicious. I was surprised that there was not a coffee maker in our room, especially considering we had a suite.

When we arrived, a family of four all registered as guests, I noticed that we only had 3 towels, so I requested that we have four the next day. Needless to say, we were never given more than the 3 our entire stay and the kids had to share a towel. As well, our housekeeping was missed one day completely (as was another guest's attending the wedding). I found this unacceptable and when I called down, the front desk acted like it was no big deal and offered to send up fresh towels, nothing more. I requested a manager and was given a supervisor who did offer me a small amount gift certificate for the issue. I was appeased but still not impressed with the level of service considering that this is a major error on the part of the hotel. The housekeeping is definitely not up to the standard I expect when travelling. A friend of mine who came for the wedding also had a horror story where they put her in a room already occupied by a single male - what a surprise for her when she got there! - and when she went back to the front desk, there were absolutely no apologies for this just a new room assignment.

As far as sound in the hotel goes, our bedroom was quiet, but our suite had an adjoining door to another room (not occupied by anyone we know) and we could hear everything going on on the other side, so assuming they could hear the same.

I also made use of the spa for a pedicure for myself and mani/pedi for my daughter, which I booked 4 months in advance as I knew June is wedding season. When we got our services started my daughter mentioned her fingers and the esthetician was surprised - apparently they somehow deleted her mani. So, they fit it in, but during drying time etc did cleaning and sanitizing for the next client, which was rude and really destroyed the experience, especially since her service ended 15 minutes early and was very rushed. As far as my pedicure went, it was ok, but honestly probably on the lower end of any I have ever received. My calluses were not barely touched. However, on a positive note, the mimosa was a nice touch and the spa was also beautifully decorated and had a nice ambience.

Overall, the service at lower star hotels in the area is actually better, especially for the price differential. While not expensive for a 5 star hotel, the service makes it overpriced by far. We found we had negative aspects to almost everything we did - food, room and spa and I am not sure that I would brave giving it another chance. Too bad because this hotel is beautiful, with the original hotel even more so.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank purplehighlight
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here now three times on our way to Seattle. Easy to find right off the I90. Downtown is bit of a ghost town but then again you don't have to deal with crowds. The gym is respectable with enough weights and cardio machines. Staff is friendly and easy to deal with. We never valet as you can self park right across the street for a bit of a discount.

Will continue to stay here when passing through.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple