“Beautifully restored hotel”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Loved this hotel The detail in the lobby is crazy cool. Nice coffee shop in the latte for a quick pick me up in the morning. Our room was very comfortable, nice big tub and walk in shower. Bed was soft and comfy. If you are there on a Sunday morning, the brunch is an absolute must do!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Repeat stay at the Davenport Hotel.
A beautifully restored hotel with great attention to detail - both in design and service.
Although the hotel was busy during our stay we were happy with the service shown by staff.
Our parlor suite room was large & very well equipped and the bed was very comfortable.
Try to take advantage of the early bird dining in the wonderful Palm Court; the food was excellent and the price unbeatable.
Davenport is located in downtown Spokane within an easy walk of the riverside park and shopping & nightlife. It was nice to leave the car in the garage.

Room Tip: Stayed in main hotel Parlor suite is larger room with separate sitting area
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I just stayed at the Davenport Hotel this past weekend and we were not disappointed. The room was so beautiful, the bed amazing!( I am going to buy one when my current bed needs replaced-you can inquire about them in the hotel 'Home' store) It is so comfortable that I have trouble getting out of it in the morning! The service is impeccable! Turn down service is so professional and thoughtful. My toiletries ,which I had thrown all over the bathroom, were so beautifully arranged when I got back from a fun day in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene, ID. I was so impressed. Lots of great restaurants in the hotel and in walking distance to the hotel. I will return for sure.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel and not in the annex hotel. I heard the rooms are better in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Loved staying at The Davenport. The surrounding area is really not all that great...seems that if you're near a bus station you're always going to get a mixed crowd of crazies. Either way, the hotel itself was nice. The breakfast in the downstairs restaurant in the tower was super delicious and reasonably priced. I loved the safari theme! My room had a huge mirror behind the bed which I found rather comforting for some reason. I'd love to go back to Spokane some day and stay there again! Nightly rates were also reasonably for being such a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been staying at this hotel every year in July and I have been remiss in reviewing it. This hotel Is one of a kind. It underwent a multi-million dollar renovation years ago and has brought back the old world charm. The minute you walk into the lobby you are transformed to years gone by. The staff go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

We have stayed in the Tower but do prefer the old hotel for its charm. The restaurant in both the tower & hotel serve quality food....try the Crab Louie - they are known for it. The rooms are beautifully appointed. The furnishings beautiful and the beds are perfect. You can actually purchase Davenport beds if you wish. My only complaint would be the pillows......they are small and not very firm. I find I have to stack them but the good thing is there are plenty on the bed.

The hotel is located in downtown Spokane....a short walk away from River Front Square for shopping and restaurants. There a many restaurants within walking distance.

My yearly trip to Spokane to join my husband on business is dependent on staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms. We have stayed on different floors and in different parts of the hotel and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Davenport Tower and it was amazing! The hotel is beautiful and very clean.
We ate dinner at the Safari Room and it was delicious. The bed in our room was very comfortable! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had heard about this place over the years but nothing had prepared me for the Gilded Age splendor of the hotel lobby -- or the incredibly bizarre "Safari themed" new Tower annex. Was on a business trip and needed to be downtown. Location is great for downtown business. Be prepared for the 1890's. While waiting for colleagues in the main hotel lobby I felt like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were going to barge in at any minute, guns blazing. Had a room in the Towers, a new structure across the street. Also very deluxe and very comfortable but -- why in Spokane? -- decorated in a Disney-like jungle theme, with dead animals and African prints all over and an amazingly horrible faux-leopard skin easy chair in my room. Not what I expected though it sure was memorable. Room was quiet and clean and the bed was great, in any event. Lobby cafe was okay for breakfast, totally outclassed by the decor.

Room Tip: If you don't like sleeping with dead animals, ask for a room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business