“Had a blast !”

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Saskatchewan alberta
“Had a blast !”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the daven port tower from July 15-19th 2014 with my family for vacation . First off the lobby is beautiful clean and the staff is friendly. One night we ate dinner at the safari grill the service was spot on and the food was very good. We ordered room service a lot the food was always good and quick service as well. The room service breakfast was to die for. The room was huge and very clean. I would like to thank the maid staff as well for do an amazing job keeping the room clean . One of my favourite things about the hotel was the touch pad by the doors to check maid service or do not disturb also each room had a personal door bell. Very cool. We also used valet as well very quick at grabbing your car. Overall enjoyed the trip there and a quick drive from Alberta , canada which is where we're from.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BlondeCanadian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at the Davenport for two nights during a conference and enjoyed it very much from the beginning. Our arrival experience was a little chaotic, as there are two registration areas (one for the original hotel and one for the tower). The bell team was very helpful in clarifying for us which part we were in (the Tower)and getting us redirected. The shipment that had arrived for us was quickly located upon check-in and added to our stack of bags. It is so nice (and rare!) to have the desk actually know that you have a shipment in-house. Our room was lovely, clean, and quiet. The in-room amenities were by L'Occitane -- a luxury!

Downstairs, the lobby was very grand and more opulent than I expected for "the new part," and we really enjoyed the bar/restaurant environment. It is active and energetic, yet still somehow elegant and upscale. The menu was also unexpected, offering a nice variety of appetizer/small plates and entrees. It was heavily influenced by southern American cuisine (not South American!), with specialties like fried okra and gumbo. On our arrival evening, we attended a reception for the conference in one of the main ballrooms of the original hotel and then perched at the Tower bar for a perfect "dinner at the bar" experience. The coffee bar was busy both of our mornings, with long waits -- but our drinks were well-made and serviced by a friendly team.

The overall vibe of the hotel staff was wholesome, friendly, simple, and competent. Very refreshing attitudes in a world filled all too often with pretense and convolution.

Our only complaint was due partially to our own mistake -- we forgot to take off the "do not disturb" alert for our room when we left for the day. As a result, our room was still dirty when we got back after the conference. We took it off and pressed the "housekeeping requested" button before leaving again for the evening (~5 pm), but it wasn't noticed. We didn't call or complain simply because a.) it was partially our fault, and b.) it didn't really matter since we were checking out in the morning and aren't very messy anyway. The reason to comment here is simply to offer that if you use the handily little DND button, don't forget to turn it off if you want service! I think that if I had simply called down to housekeeping before dinner, instead of just clicking the button, we would have had no issue.

The Davenport is a luxury stay that doesn't disappoint. Thank you for a great time!

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower and loved the bar, coffee shop, and reception. We have heard that the origina...
Green Features: Don't remember having multiple recycling/garbage options in the room, but definitely appreciated the bulk in-room amenities (no tiny, wasteful bottles).
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My stay at the Davenport was absolutely flawless. The staff are friendly and attentive, the renovations have been thorough and mindfully executed. The food is excellent. I need to find more excuses to go to Spokane so I can stay there again.

... no really, I'm serious, check my other reviews. I can usually find a tragic flaw in any stay in any class hotel, but there were zero concerns with my visit to the Davenport.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there can be a bad room here. As with any hotel, an upper floor will be quieter, b...
Green Features: Environmentally friendly, yet this philosophy in no way interferes with the enjoyment of the stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Denham Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way from Denver to Juneau. I scored a good deal on priceline, so we didn't pay full price. If not, I could not have afforded to stay here. The room was really nice, with huge beds that you almost needed a ladder to get into. Large bath and separate shower. Service was first rate, what you would expect from a four star hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank austin a
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Loved this hotel The detail in the lobby is crazy cool. Nice coffee shop in the latte for a quick pick me up in the morning. Our room was very comfortable, nice big tub and walk in shower. Bed was soft and comfy. If you are there on a Sunday morning, the brunch is an absolute must do!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Repeat stay at the Davenport Hotel.
A beautifully restored hotel with great attention to detail - both in design and service.
Although the hotel was busy during our stay we were happy with the service shown by staff.
Our parlor suite room was large & very well equipped and the bed was very comfortable.
Try to take advantage of the early bird dining in the wonderful Palm Court; the food was excellent and the price unbeatable.
Davenport is located in downtown Spokane within an easy walk of the riverside park and shopping & nightlife. It was nice to leave the car in the garage.

Room Tip: Stayed in main hotel Parlor suite is larger room with separate sitting area
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim W
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I just stayed at the Davenport Hotel this past weekend and we were not disappointed. The room was so beautiful, the bed amazing!( I am going to buy one when my current bed needs replaced-you can inquire about them in the hotel 'Home' store) It is so comfortable that I have trouble getting out of it in the morning! The service is impeccable! Turn down service is so professional and thoughtful. My toiletries ,which I had thrown all over the bathroom, were so beautifully arranged when I got back from a fun day in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene, ID. I was so impressed. Lots of great restaurants in the hotel and in walking distance to the hotel. I will return for sure.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel and not in the annex hotel. I heard the rooms are better in the main hotel.
Green Features: I appreciate the 'green' cards in the bathroom suggesting a more that one- time use of towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple