“Disappointed in Tower Honeymoon Suite”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 December 2009

We stayed at the Davenport Hotel over a Dec (2009) weekend; specifically in the Tower Honeymoon Suite.

Pro's: The valet parking, the staff and room service personnel were all prompt, helpful, and very kind! The room was large, had a kitchen w/ refrigerator, microwave, and an inroom Jacuzzi. (Which lite up beautifully in the darkened room, made it quite romantic. The bathroom/stand up shower facilities were wonderful!! (With the two crossover shower heads one could have easily fit 6 people in at one time! ;-) The bed and pillows were without doubt THE most comfortable I/we have ever slept upon, (and we travel quite a bit!)!! The 64' LCD screen was also very nice, (and we were able to catch the UFC on PPV, as we are both huge fans - so it made it even more of a "rousing" weekend)! The Wi-Fi in the room was free and worked great. The Davenport Hotel just across the street was simply beautiful!!! We enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere and the caroling very much!!! Also, there are many restaurants and a small grocery store all within walking distance. The AMC Theatres and Mall are also quite close by and easy to walk too. The restaurant in the lobby made a great breakfast and was quite inexpensive. (I wish I could recall the waitress' name that served us breakfast, as we both agreed that she was simply a most delightful person!! We could have talked to her for hours!) The coffee shop in the lobby is OK, but Starbucks is 2 blocks away. ;-)

Cons: This is a "Honeymoon Suite", meant for an intimate stay. The biggest disappointment was the "living room" area. In fact, this impression hit us both as we entered the room for the first time. The two separated .. hmm .. "chairs" were quite uncomfortable and do not fit the intended enviroment. If you want a cozy, initmate place to sit/lounge/snuggle in front of the fireplace/TV - you won't find it in this room. (And the bed is too far away to enjoy either.) Thus, we elected to move the sllly "lounge chairs" and put blankets and pillows down in their place to cozy up.

Suggestion: Please replace the chairs!

Overall: Both of us agree that $599.99 would nave been more fitting if the living room area had been more conducive to a romantic-cozy-initmate setting - which it is not! For this reason alone we were both disappointed in the amount we payed to stay there. All of the other things mentioned "fit the bill".

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank fitnessguru_40

Reviewed 12 December 2009

I stayed here recently after my husband's work party. The hotel's lobby and ballrooms are very beautiful. Very nice place to have a Christmas Party. Staying at the hotel is another story. We got a room, a simple room. I was thinking it would be nicer for how much they charge! The shower itself was nice, very large.. BUT the hot water lasted a minute. I'm not kidding a minute. I wasn't happy that I couldn't take a shower! When I checked out they said sorry they'd look into it. Thank goodness I live in Spokane, so I could shower at home! Also there was some strange "gunk" on the lightswitch in the bathroom. Not sure what is was. The parking is outrageous... $24 a night? Tip if you want to stay here... a block away it's $10 a night. We only found that out because the parking lot was full. I wouldn't stay here again... a taxi ride home would be cheaper and then I could take a hot shower! Having a Christmas party here is amazing.... just don't stay overnight at the hotel. Save your money! Also I must say... downtown is way overrated. There are many better places in Spokane then downtown.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Love2Travel543
Reviewed 27 November 2009

By far, one of the best hotels in the country! Historic, elegant, comfortable, amazing.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2009

The hotel is decent...the lobby is beautiful so I would expect the rooms and ammenities to follow suite. I agree with the prior postings that the dispensers are tacky. No mini bar or coffee in the room. Waited a long time to check in even though there were only 2 people in front of me because they kept answering the phone. Shouldn't there be someone else who can answer all of the calls?

The room service was decent - again I would expect a great cup of coffee or an option in the room for a good cup of joe. The oatmeal was soggy and runny.

It all seems very cheesy more Vegas than first class. Nothing to write home about. I travel all of the time and expected a lot more.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank jbodog
Reviewed 12 October 2009

The Davenport Hotel is one of the West Coast's crown jewel hotels. It has been competely renovated and modernized, yet maintains its beautiful and colorful history. The service was impeccable, the rooms spacious and very comfortable right down to the turn-down service with a brittle candy on the pillow. You won't find a more beautiful, comfortable relaxing stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Absolutely wonderful hotel. We have stayed at several 4 & 5 start hotels. The staff at
this hotel are by far the best we have ever experienced. All of the staff went out of their way to make you feel like royalty. From the moment you drive up till you leave, the staff are wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stalco
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Wonderfully clean and comfortable. I loved the bed and pillows so much in the Tower that I purchased a pillow at the hotel store before my departure. Great service. I didn't eat in the hotel as it was too pricy. Parking was also very expensive but can be avoided by parking on the street right out front!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business