“what a nice surpirse”
Review of Apple Tree Inn

Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #27 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Booked this hotel via Priceline. I was worry when reading the negative review. Upon arriving and got the room, we were more than please. The room looks like a small apartment furnished with credenza, closet, microwave oven, refrigerator, iron, and hair drier. A table near the window so guests can have their meals there.
The cont'l breakfast was good. Nothing fancy but the staff, who were very friendly, never let the food ran out.
The Inn has nice green lawn which sooth the eyes, nice swimming pool, picnic table and barbecue pit (a small one). The laundry room is clean and cheap. It costs only 50 cents for a wash and 25 cents for drying.
Only one draw back is the wash basin is in the some room with the toilet so when one use the toilet, the other cannot brush his/her teeth.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angie H

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed at the Spokane Apple Tree Inn Aug 7-8 and found the staff friendly, responsive and thought the rates were very reasonable for a clean and comfortable room. The location is close to a large shopping mall which is a plus for me. Elaine

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank elaine w
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Apple Tree Inn won't win any awards any time soon, but is a decent value for the money. We stayed in a room that's actually a converted apartment. The former living room area has a bed and TV, making it a 'room' in addition to the apartment's two existing bedrooms. One bedroom had two twin beds and the other a queen, making this an affordable, comfortable place to stay for a family of 5.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank J G
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We come down to Spokane from BC for shopping every few weeks, and this is by far the best place to stay for the money. Conveniently located, friendly, helpful, and accommodating staff, clean rooms, continental breakfast, even a pool and a yard (very nice in the summer for a quick dip, especially after shopping!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Troy M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We give this place negative 5 stars. This hotel is dirty,old and outdated. We got this room from a travel site. It was advertised as a days inn. We have 2 service animals and told the travel site that we did. The manager (a little Asian guy) demanded us to tell him our health issues. When I told him we did not have to tell him he said we were liars and was going to call the police to have us removed. He also tried to charge our credit card an extra 248.00 while we were moving our stuff to the car. He is a shady little Asian who also is hateful to people with disabilities and to gay people. Which he made very clear to my partner and I. This place is unsafe with no security and major drugs activity.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
12  Thank Michael B
AppleTreeInnMotel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

It is unfortunate that you have chosen to write a completely malicious lie about our hotel. You booked this room through Expedia.com, where we are advertised as the Apple Tree Inn (not as Days Inn, as you had stated). According to Expedia, at the time of booking, you did not mention you were bringing any dogs (nor any service animals), nor did you mention at the time of check-in that you had service animals or pets with you. We received complaints from other guests, of dogs barking from your room. Our housekeepers, upon servicing your room, confirmed there were dogs, and notified the front desk and management of this matter. I knocked on your door to inquire, and you stepped out, quickly closing the door behind you. When I asked if you had any pets in the room, you stated you had 2 service animals. I then politely asked you what ability do the service animals provide you (which is completely legal to ask under the federal ADA laws). At no point ever did I ask about you or your friend's medical condition. You refused to tell me what the service animals do but instead screamed to me about your medical conditions, used profanity laced racist remarks, and then slammed the door in my face.

At this point, I asked you to check-out of our hotel immediately, as we have a zero tolerance for racism. I also clearly stated to you several times that the reason I was kicking you out was not due to you having dogs, but because of your racist comments. I gave you enough respect to give you until check out time to pack up and leave. You then said you refused to leave at all, which is why I was forced to call the police. You said you were happy the police were called, yet oddly enough you quickly packed and raced out of the hotel parking lot before the police arrived. As you were leaving, housekeeping noticed you had 3 really large dogs (we only allow dogs under 25 lbs.) . You had claimed that 2 dogs were service pets, yet you did not say anything about your third dog which was a large barking pitbull.

Upon examination of your room condition, we found that you purposely damaged our room. The room was trashed, smelled, carpet soiled, as well as the window screen cut up with a knife (pieces missing and found on floor), then taped up with green duct tape. We were unable to rent this room for 8 day due to repair and maintenance.

I do not disagree we are an older motel, but we are well-kept, clean, and constantly looking to upgrade as time passes. We also consider the safety and security of utmost importance.
Considering we are one of the very few hotels in Spokane that work with the Veterans Affairs hospital, we clearly cater and welcome those with disabilities and service pets. We also do not judge people for their health conditions, race, sexual preference, and gender. Everyone is created equally. We are a family run business that cares for every one of our guests. We suggest that you be upfront with everything if you ever decide to stay at another hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The room was clean. The decor was outdated and didn't match but it was functional. The sheets were very worn and see through but the mattress was comfortable enough. The pillows were all worn and weak and the towels were small, scratchy and worn as well. There was a new TV in my room but when I got there it wasn't working. They sent someone up right away and fixed it. BUT, the placement of the TV made it very uncomfortable to sit on the bed to watch TV, there was actually no good place in the room to see the screen. Thankfully I wasn't spending much time in my room anyway. The breakfast was almost all bread items. There were apples but they weren't washed.
The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Housekeeping was really nice and friendly too. A big complaint is that we had made reservations for 2 rooms a couple of months ahead of time but they put us in 2 different buildings and said that was as close together as we could get. Just didn't make sense to me. I think it would be really worth it to pay the little bit extra to stay somewhere with higher quality linens, better planning and healthier breakfast options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GonnaCTheWorld
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room was dated but seemed to be clean enough. The staff were courteous and efficient. We appreciated the continental breakfast. The price was right because we were on a shopping trip and weren't really in the room very much.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on North Divison side