“International traveler highly recommended.”
Review of Apple Tree Inn

Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Libby, Montana
“International traveler highly recommended.”
Reviewed 12 May 2009

Don't pass this up when visiting Spokane, Washington. The rates are more than reasonable, staff is exemplary and rooms will make you feel at home.My wife and I stay here 10-15 times a year.
Bill Lafrance
U.S. Marine Corps (Ret.)
Libby, Montana 59923

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
BC
Reviewed 7 February 2009

The mini-suite was nice, well furnished, clean, small (double bed). There was a microwave, a sink, and a fridge in the room. The staff was super nice. There was a continental breakfast which provided a variety of food and drink choices. The inn is spread out over a few buildings, and the room entrances are all inside. Despite facing the main street (North Division), our room was quiet at night.

I would absolutely stay there again, it's a GREAT value.

• Liked — Cleanliness, Price
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DandGW
Chicago
Reviewed 2 October 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Apple Tree Inn as the first stop on our road trip from Seattle to Chicago. We saw that the Apple Tree Inn was one of the higher rated motels on TripAdvisor in Spokane, so we thought it would be pretty decent.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as nice as we had expected. The room was very small, quite old and hadn't been renovated in a long time. It was clean, but it had a sort of moldy, mildew-like smell to it. There wasn't much in the way of toiletries -- not enough soap or shampoo, and nothing more.

Also, while they did have both wireless and wired internet, there was no ethernet cable supplied, and our room was located such that I could just barely get a wireless connection and my wife's laptop, with a weaker antenna, couldn't get one at all. And both the wired and wireless connections were slower than dial-up -- almost unusable.

To be fair, the price was low, and it was sufficient as a fairly comfortable place to sleep. But my gut tells me that it wouldn't be too hard to find a nicer and comparably priced place to stay in Spokane.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Quality of room
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pmaxx
AppleTreeInnMotel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, 29 October 2008
We strive to keep our hotel as clean as possible. We have 4 buildings which 2 of them are older looking than the other 2 but we do still keep all 4 spotless. If there are any problems with the cleanliness or smell of the room (which hopefully is never) please do not hesitate to notify the front desk immediately so that we can correct the situation by even moving you to a better room.

The internet connection was really slow last year which is why we added another modem, doubling our connection speed and also installed ethernet outlets in 20 more rooms so that 3 buildings have both the wired and wireless connections. The 4th building currently only has wireless connection. We do have ethernet wires available for checkout at the front desk at no cost to you. If the internet connection seems to slow, please let us know because it usually just takes a quick reset of the modem / router to get it back to par.

If the toiletries are not enough, please let either housekeeping or the front desk know. We do provide extras at no cost.

We apologize that we could not make your stay an enjoyable one. If you do decide to stay with us again, please let us know of any requests or problems you may have and we will do everything in our power to help you.

Apple Tree Inn
Management

Travellers are raving about these Spokane hotels

Washington
Reviewed 20 September 2008

I loved this hotel the first time I stayed there but this second time was a nightmare. After taking a shower my feet were black by the time I walked from the bathroom to my closet. Their statement was well there is residue left from the professionals we have that clean it... Great walking on mildew ... I had my kids with me and made them wear their shoes as much as possible. The deadbolt fell off and was not fixed during our stay ...I have an autistic son so we had to put chairs in front of the door to keep him from getting out at night... and finally no working microwave and it took them hours to bring a replacement and then they just left the non working one and used up the rest of the counter space with the additional one. I asked to talk to the manager but no avail... and no discount for my inconvenience either. Will not go here again. Stay away if you have kids.... unhealthy for them.

• Liked — The pool and the breakfast
  • Disliked — the gross floors, the bad customer service, the refusal to compensate for stress and filth of room as well as non working items and deadbolt falling off
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
I am sorry you were not pleased with your stay here. I do remember speaking with you personally. We were sold out of non-smoking units and I am sorry that unfortunately the only choice you had was a smoking unit.

The dead bolt came off because it was unscrewed off. When you called the front desk, the employee wanted to come and fix the bolt for you since all it takes is a quick 10 seconds to screw it back in. We also have a maintenance man on call 24/7. However, you kindly refused our help saying that it wasn't that big of a deal since the door is still locked even without the deadbolt. That is why I could not give a discount.

I'm sorry if I didn't introduce myself as the manager, but I do remember speaking with you. Again, I apologize that you were unhappy with your stay for we our main goals are to be clean and affordable for everyone.

Apple Tree Inn Management
Calgary
Reviewed 25 August 2008

With 5 adults and one child, the chances of finding reasonably priced accommodation is slim. Well, we found a place where we all could stay in comfort for $100 per night. It included a reasonable continental breakfast and a full kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, dishes and dishwasher. All the beds were actual beds and quite comfortable (no pull outs or cots). It contained the kitchen and 3 separate sleeping areas. No frills, outdoor pool was small, TV was small (but adequate). There was lots of hot water, great housekeeping, extra towels, fast check in and out with no hassles, fairly quiet, good A/C unit, close to grocery store, Walmart, and Northtown Mall. Many restaurant choices close by. Easily found and accessible situated between highways 2 and 395. Overall a pleasant experience. Traveling with lots of people and wanting to stay on the North side of town, this is the place!

• Liked — Overall value
  • Disliked — No problems at all
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
cowtown
Reviewed 15 August 2008

we stayed here for 2 nights, family of five. very clean room, friendly staff, continental breakfast, full size kitchen, wireless internet.

Make sure to book early, we didn't, we got the smoking rooms. It was aired out, but the smell permeates.

Overall, the experience is very good and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank mekeni
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2008

How often do you see a dirt-cheap hotel ranked so highly on the TA list? Not often, but the Apple Tree Inn fits the bill.

Yes, the rooms go for less than <$55 for a single (during summer season), and yes, the hotel deserves the high ranking imho.

The room was nice, well furnished, clean, small but not tiny. There was a microwave, a sink, and a fridge in the room. The property is located at the intersection of Rt 2 and 93 (?) in Spokane and close to many restaurants, shops, and malls. The staff was super nice. There was a simple continental breakfast which I did not partake in (it wasn't anything special). The inn is spread out over a few buildings, and the entrances are all inside. Despite facing the highway, my room was quiet.

I would absolutely stay there again, it's a GREAT value.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo