“If you are looking for a friendly church”

Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes
Ranked #25 of 94 things to do in Spokane
Medical Lake, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“If you are looking for a friendly church”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I know this is wrong, but. Our parish Priest retired and he was replaced with a Priest that speaks English as a second language. My husband could not understand him. So down to the Cathedral we went. We have found a new home. It is beautiful, a great organ and everyone just welcomed you in.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank keenanderson

SPOKANE
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A very peaceful church”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a beautiful church but the parking is somewhat limited. It is just west of downtown Spokane.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank quietraveler
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful Music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were staying at the Spokane Club and decided to drop into the 11:00 mass before leaving town. I sat in the back row (I'm neither Catholic not christian). I overheard the priest say to the alter boy "make sure you wait until the song is over before you approach the altar because I love this song." At first I thought it odd, but quickly realized what he meant once the music started. If you want to hear beautiful hymns on a beautiful pipe organ then it is worth an experience. Also, it is located in a beautiful little corner of Spokane,

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Patty S
Oregon
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Truly Beautiful No Matter Your Beliefs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I'm not Catholic, or even ANY religion for that matter, but there is something very soothing about the sacred space and beautiful architecture of old churches. We visited three while in Spokane (Presbyterian, Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes and Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist).

When we were visiting with the groundsman at the Presbyterian church, he told us that the three front doors (bronze) on Our Lady of Lourdes, were cast by a local artist who used faces/images of local residents for the images.

We had driven by this cathedral, (Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes), looking for someplace else and decided we had to stop and take a look around. I took a lot of photos. The church was locked so we were unable to get a look inside.

This is a "mother church", and was built in 1915. The website has some more photos.

Visited September 2013
Chanute, Kansas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Beautiful Cathedral, easy walk from downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

An easy walk from downtown Spokane, the Cathedral offers a full Mass schedule, inspiring music, and traditional Mass service.

Visited July 2013