“Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Meh, food was okay maybe good, but the lunch time wait staff wasn't very attentive. It had been 10 years since my last visit and now I remember why. See you in another 10.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Best option I have found for pizza in Spokane. Very casual atmosphere. Sometimes they will deliver to the Magic Lantern theatre upstairs.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Ok, I was here on a business lunch, had been here one other time for a lunch meeting and only came this time as I was being treated, (and not badly either). Besides the wonderful company and great spirit of comrade of the group - celebrating a successful recruiting season, the food was superb. I had the tomato basil soup...would have loved to just find a dark corner in the restaurant and ask for endless refills, (the best part is they always have this available). We all shared the smoked salmon dip, (kinda fishy) and the gorgonzola fondue, (a bit on the salty side), yet very yummy and original to Europa. For my meal I had the muffuletta sandwich, which was filling and delicious with the right amount of tapenade on a light and biteable focaccia bread. Every one at the table reported that their meals were equally wonderful. Ok, so that is about the lunch...what about the romance? This is a delightful not so little place that when you walk in, you loose yourself in a world that is miles and counties way from Spokane. I will be back...on a most romantic occasion...and I aint going to kiss an tell, (wink). Gonna say one last thing, the sky lights overhead and the train passing on the tracks really did add to the overall experience of escaping the traditional Spokane restaurant experience.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The food was excellent. A train runs over the top of the restuarant and is a little noisy, but adds the the uniqueness of the restuarant. The pasta was awesome! I had the sampler with tortellini and manicotti. My freind had the steak and was also very good.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I were extremely pleased with the food but less impressed with the restaurant itself.

We ordered the tomato and potato soup, which went quite well with the crackers they gave us. The soup had nice solid chunks of tomato and potato. It was more solid than liquid, which is something my hisband and I both prefer. For an appetizer, we ordered the calamari. We definitely weren't expecting the large cone shaped container that was absolutely full of calamari. We ate them pretty fast, though they could have gotten soggy with the wax paper lining in the conical container if we had left them for very long. The blend of spices went extremely well with the calamari, though so much was used that it almost hid the taste of the actual calamari. Would definitely order that again. Then we got a calzone to split. The cooks actually made two half size calzones so we didn't have to bend over the table to split a single one ourselves. Considering the half size calzones were nearly half the size of a dinner plate, I don't think we'd have been able to finish them if we'd each ordered a full one. For drinks, I was especially pleased to see Hot Lips Soda on the menu. I haven't seen Hot Lips Soda outside Portland, OR so I was near beside myself with excitement over getting some at Europa. Even if the food wasn't good, I'd probably go to Europa again just for the Hot Lips Soda.

The restaurant itself could use some renovating. The carpet was old. There was one of those generic black industrial mats just up the stairs from the front door with carpet so worn around it that I suspect the mat was covering up holes where the carpet had worn through. The chairs need to be replaced. They look nice enough, but they're worn and the cushioning is almost non-existant. My husband and I had just finished a 7 hour drive from Canada and we both agreed that the seats in the truck were more comfortable than the chairs we sat in at the restaurant. The lighting was dim enough that it made identifying the different ingredients in our food difficult. The place definitely needs to brighten up a notch or two. The tables were very nice and the wall decorations were interesting enough, though the place seems more American Victorian than European visually.

Would definitely go there again given the opportunity, despite the mediocre atmosphere.

1  Thank Rani_Tean