“Best Cheesesteak Ever!”

Ranked #118 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My son is a big fan of the Triple D show on the food network so we decided to check out this place. Dark and deserted, it didn't look too promising. However we all LOVED our food. The prices were reasonable. The service was so-so at first, but it got better. We ate the ELK burger, the scotch egg, the cheesesteak, the chicken pancetta and brie as as the calamari. All was excellent. Had no room to try their homemade ice cream, but would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I watched the video from Food Network on how they prepare their pulled pork, got excited and then decided to visit them with several co-workers for our Birthday club celebration. We went for lunch, the place was not busy at that time but the service was slow. When we sat down, I spotted a scared spider on the wall trying to find its way out. I pointed it out to the server who brought us the drinks, she did not even seemed surprised, let alone apologizing. Of course, I had to order the "famous" pulled pork. What a disppointment! Portion was small, the bun looks sad, the pulled pork, which is the most important part, taste bland and dry. I don't remember what my co-workers ordered but none of them were impressed with their food.
One side note, they have so many posters on their window, it looks very tacky.

1  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had never been here and heard good things, but for some reason Friday night June 14, 2013 was a bad night! This was the FIRST time my husband opted not to leave a tip! We chose this restaurant because it was close the venue we were attending at 8:00 p.m. We arrived at 6:30. My husband's first annoyance was the server took my niece's order and then went to my husband and not to me for his order. Also, it wasn't busy! There was a group in a banquet type room but I would think they would have enough help serving and in the kitchen in anticipation of the group. Server brings the drinks, gave my wine to my niece who specifically asked for ice in her water. We corrected her, no apology, just switched drinks. Forty fine minutes later, she brought my husbands dish, which was good and one dish for another table next to us. WHAT? She said the rest of your order is coming!!!! My niece had a steak salad and I had Seared Ahi Tuna and she asked me if I minded that it was rare, I said that's the way I like it, and a cup of clam chowder. The salad and tuna came ten minutes after my husbands. My chowder was about 5 more minutes. I looked at the tuna and couldn't believe what I was seeing! It couldn't have been more over cooked if they tried! I took one bite and said "YUK"! My husband pushed it aside and said don't eat it and offered to share his. The chowder was "blah" and flavorless. When she came back, he told her to take it away as it was terrible. Again, no apology, just would you like another one, we said no, got to get to a show. When she came back with the tab, she said she took the tuna off the bill. Fine, took the folder with our card and went to the table next to us and proceeded to leave the folder on their table! One person said, "I think this is yours" and handed it to my husband. Yes, it was and she hadn't processed it! She was informed what she did and again, NO apology! My husband, who is the most generous man, said he couldn't believe it, but had to NOT leave a tip because he couldn't believe what terrible service we got and some of the food was so bad! We won't give it another try! The next night we went to Milford's and had an excellent server and excellent food! I will review them too!

1  Thank Precious50Spokane_WA
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Traveling into Spokane on my way into Idaho I needed to eat so I quickly searched the Diners Drive Ins and Dive's options for Spokane. Hill's came up. It is downtown but on Saturday it was quiet and I found a parking spot with no trouble.

The food here is super. It is reasonably priced, the staff is casual but efficient and extremely helpful with the menu. My meal was outstanding and my family had the same experience. The food is fresh, hot and plated well.

After eating at Hills you can walk off the meal by heading a few blocks to the Carousel and reliving a bit of your childhood. Great location and a place that will not disappoint you.

Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

The restaurant and bar is comfortable, but the good is completely below average, think Denny's. the service is a nightmare. There were two tables and one party sitting, and it took 1.5 hours to get served as a table of 3. Do not recommend anything more than a drink at the bar.