“A must try in Spokane”

Ranked #153 of 926 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I ate here two nights in a row on our latest trip to Spokane. This was our first experience at this restaurant. Heard of it from DDD show. The first nights meals were worthy of a six star ratings (if you could go that high). The second nights meals however didn't quite live up . On the first night I started with the Scotch Egg which was very tasty and quite unique, and my wife and I shared the house salad (definitely big enough for two). The greens were very fresh and came with fresh cucumber, tomato, mushrooms, sprouts, carrots, beets, and great croutons. For my main I ordered the Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Port Cherry Chutney. It came with roasted potatoes (which were to die for) and fresh steamed veggies. My wife ordered the special, which was fresh King Salmon which also came with roasted potatoes and steamed veggies. The Pork Tenderloin was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. It was moist and flavorful and melt in your mouth good. My wife's Salmon was done to perfection, nice and moist, not overcooked like many restaurants do. It was also melt in your mouth good. The second night I ordered the Lemon-Basil Cashew Chicken and my wife got the Roasted Vegetable Panini. The Panini was good but not spectacular. The Lemon-Basil Chicken did not live up to the expectations from the previous nights meals. The flavor from the lemon-basil was not spectacular and the chicken was a bit overdone, not moist like I'd hoped for. I was disappointed in this meal after the quality of the previous nights meals. That's not to say that the meal was bad, it just didn't live up to the experience of the previous night. I will say though that it was a different chef that prepared the second nights meal (the regular chef was out this night) and I'm hoping that this is what made the difference in the quality. Overall I believe you will get a quality meal and dining experience at Hills. I would definitely give it another try next time we're in Spokane, if just to have the Pork Tenderloin again.

1  Thank Rich S

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We found this fine place on Dinners, drive-ins & dives TV show. They claim to have the best pulled pork sandwich in the area and that could be true. I am told they also have an elk burger that is great. I could not say no to the fresh made pasta dish of the day, a smoked Salmon linguini. Marita could not say no to a house favorite, lemon basil almond encrusted chicken. Both dishes far exceeded our expectations. We have been to Spokane a few times and tried a different place each time. Each restaurant was very good and we would return if not for so many places to visit, but we will be stopping at Hills' our next trip. One last thing we could not say no to was bacon maple ice cream. Come on it's bacon! It's ice cream!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

great food to warm you up on a cold Spokane night. The beer/wine selection was also great. Service was friendly and attentive but the food took a little bit longer than expected to come out on a night when the place seemed pretty empty. nonetheless it was a great spot and i would definitely return!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Friendly staff. Good food. Reasonable prices. Tried the Elk Burger, scotch eggs (recommended by our waitress) & pulled pork. Loved that the pulled pork wasn't overwhelmed by sauce and the meat was juicy & tender.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My son is a big fan of the Triple D show on the food network so we decided to check out this place. Dark and deserted, it didn't look too promising. However we all LOVED our food. The prices were reasonable. The service was so-so at first, but it got better. We ate the ELK burger, the scotch egg, the cheesesteak, the chicken pancetta and brie as as the calamari. All was excellent. Had no room to try their homemade ice cream, but would definitely recommend this place.