“Great spot for dinner with a view”
Review of Clinkerdagger

Clinkerdagger
Reserve with OpenTable
Clinkerdagger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 895 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I took some business acquaintances to Clinkerdagger on a nice summer evening to enjoy the back deck. Despite a few people waiting in the front of the restaurant, we were seated outside without delay (we did make a reservation however). The back deck is interesting as its suspended on the side of a steep slope overlooking the river. It's nice and enclosed so there is no annoying wind, but you can see the sights just fine.

The food is fairly standard steakhouse fare, but everything is prepared very well and is of high quality. The prime rib was especially large and very well prepared. Drinks were a bit pricy for the size, but well poured as well. The wine list has some interesting selections and isn't completely overpriced.

The only gripe we had was the wait staff seemed overwhelmed and we had long lapses between service. Glasses remained empty for a long time and when we ordered a rather high end wine bottle, it came out well AFTER the food arrived. Oops.

Overall this is a great spot for dinner, drinks and a great view of Spokane. Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Clinkerdagger

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We've been eating there on a sunday evening. My friend and I had both beef which was soo good. The food and the view on the river makes the restaurant to an outstanding one.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Love the lunch, love the happy hour and love the dinner menu! The staff are excellent. If it's a warm day make sure u sit on the balcony it a beautiful view. The Lavender martins are to die for.
Make the time to go! It's worth it.

1  Thank cpbolivia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had a late Sunday lunch when the restaurant was fairly quiet. Seated outside with great views over the river and city center. Smoked salmon starter was pretty average but thoroughly enjoyed my pancetta coated halibut. Everyone else in the party enjoyed their meals so thumbs up for the food. On the down side, I did think the prices were on the high side. Service was friendly and not slow like many seem to have commented. Would consider going back but it would have to be a special occasion to pay these high prices

1  Thank DBinCA
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Ate here for an impromptu lunch while in town for a convention. We were a party of six, looking for lunch at around noon on a Saturday. The inner dining room was empty save for a few seated at the bar, and the outside tables had maybe many empty tables. This is the only time I've been and I'd be curious to see what a return visit would be like, but here are my impressions:

The Good:
The outside dining area is a well done modern alteration to the historic building. I imagine it gets very full and would be a popular gathering spot for tourists and locals alike. They had umbrellas out to offer shade, and the furniture was nicely more substantial than most outdoor seating, which contributed to a "fine dining" vibe.

My food was great and most of the rest of my party of six was happy with their lunches. One person said it was "just ok."

The Bad:
As others have commented, service was slow. It annoys me to have to wait to pounce on the server in order to get a check so I can leave - especially when he knew we had a limited window for lunch. I understand time to cook, but there really isn't any excuse for making people wait a long time to pay and open up the table for more customers. Which leads me to...

The Ugly:
Tables outside were four tops, and the hostess actually expected us to sit at two separate tables when she seated us. She said the restaurant doesn't let people move tables together, which seems bizarre and I was surprised she didn't tell us that before trying to seat us - though I suppose she knew we'd have walked out. After much insistence on our part she finally went back inside and returned having gotten permission to let our party sit together. She also made comments that we were only getting to do it because all of their reservations weren't due until later - and was slightly mollified when we assured her our time was limited due to our schedule anyway. Not a great way to make customers feel welcome.

So go for the scenery, the food was fine, but I strongly recommend you do not go with a group. Perhaps if you make a reservation you won't meet the attitude we received, but I really couldn't say.

1  Thank LadyoftheMoon
DebiMoon, General Manager at Clinkerdagger, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I appreciate your feedback, I would love to speak with you personally to get a little more information. I promise we pull tables together for large parties on a daily bases. It sounds as though there were a few things in your recent visit that do not meet our standards. You can reach me at dmoon@r-u-i.com or 509 328 5965. Sincerely, Debi Moon General Manager

Been to Clinkerdagger? Share your experiences!