“Great sushi value”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

This is the best sushi value in Spokane. Both sushi chefs do a great job. If you go anywhere else for sushi, you are paying too much. We come here at least once per week and have yet to be let down. Where else can you fill up on sushi and wine for less than $30. Oh, and they serve a nicely poured house red.

1  Thank cmehaffey

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Being a japanese steakhouse fan I'm pretty hard to please so I'm always cautious about trying a new restaurant. I arrived at 5:30 and was surprised to find the restaurant looked closed, but there was 1 other car there so I went in. I was sat at the first table of the evening with 3 other people so I felt a little better. The appetizers started coming and everything was pretty good except the salad, the dressing was bitter. Our chef, Phu, was very entertaining however and my steak & calamari was perfectly cooked, the only thing missing was the pink seafood sauce I get at other restaurants. They have a version of it but the flavor was much more mustardy then I liked, it was a good thing that the food was seasoned so well I didn't really need it. I will be back again though:-)

1  Thank Jane B
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Met family here for dinner. Shared table (grill) with others, but they were all fun and enjoying the experience. Food was great, lots of it. Didn't begin to eat all they served. Staff was extremely friendy and welcoming. Entering on a bridge over a waterfall was a nice touch to the decor.

1  Thank Nancy503
Reviewed 20 August 2013

When we arrived, they asked for our reservation. We had none, but they took us any way. Japanese Hibachi is our favorite. Shogun did not let us down. The waitress kept our glasses full, the chef gave us more than plenty to eat, and the food was wonderful. We would gladly eat there over and over again.

1  Thank Terry F
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We dropped in on a whim during a holiday weekend and Saturday night. They were able to seat us with another party in minutes. Our 9 year old was certain he would hate it but found the food on the kids menu to be to his liking and left happy. Our very picky 13 year old loved the soup and was quite happy with his steak as well. We have been to much more expensive spots and this was on par with Thames. Our chef was personable and entertaining. We will be back again!

1  Thank Jenimanon