“Loved Sara, yummy sushi”
Review of Shogun Restaurant

Shogun Restaurant
Ranked #258 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Canton, Georgia
“Loved Sara, yummy sushi”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Was a bit put off by the look of this place from the outside - no windows at all - but both the food and our chef/server were very good.

Visited with hubby and met my cousins here while in the area traveling. Sat at the sushi bar and at first was concerned that we were the only folks in this entire section of the restaurant. However, Sara took great care of us and made us feel welcome and like family. She prepared each of our sushi dishes by hand and with love and care. Best Volcano i've had in several years - good blend of masago and sauce to set it off. all items were fresh and firm. every bite was tasty.

would eat here again if in the area. bill for 4 was $100 including beer and there were leftovers of 2 rolls that went home for snacks.

• Visited May 2014

El Cajon, California
“Fun place for any celebration”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

After our son's graduation from college, all ten of us went for dinner at Shogun. We had a wonderful dinner, entertained by the chef and made so many memories of such a wonderful day. The sushi is outstanding and it is such a fun place to all come together around a table....would recommend it 100% and we aren't even from Spokane.

• Visited May 2014
“Great sushi value”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

This is the best sushi value in Spokane. Both sushi chefs do a great job. If you go anywhere else for sushi, you are paying too much. We come here at least once per week and have yet to be let down. Where else can you fill up on sushi and wine for less than $30. Oh, and they serve a nicely poured house red.

1 Thank cmehaffey
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“Good Enough to Come Back Again.”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Being a japanese steakhouse fan I'm pretty hard to please so I'm always cautious about trying a new restaurant. I arrived at 5:30 and was surprised to find the restaurant looked closed, but there was 1 other car there so I went in. I was sat at the first table of the evening with 3 other people so I felt a little better. The appetizers started coming and everything was pretty good except the salad, the dressing was bitter. Our chef, Phu, was very entertaining however and my steak & calamari was perfectly cooked, the only thing missing was the pink seafood sauce I get at other restaurants. They have a version of it but the flavor was much more mustardy then I liked, it was a good thing that the food was seasoned so well I didn't really need it. I will be back again though:-)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jane B
Willamina, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great fun!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Met family here for dinner. Shared table (grill) with others, but they were all fun and enjoying the experience. Food was great, lots of it. Didn't begin to eat all they served. Staff was extremely friendy and welcoming. Entering on a bridge over a waterfall was a nice touch to the decor.

• Visited September 2013