“That place you go with Grandpa”

The Chalet Restaurant
Ranked #151 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
“That place you go with Grandpa”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great service from a staff that has obviously knows their patrons. You know you are getting good service when they know their regulars, but treat you just like 'Bob and Mary' that get the 'bacon and eggs' and 'the usual'. No fancy named dishes with too many ingredients here. Just on par diner fare that is fast and consistently good.

• Visited May 2014

Salem, Oregon
“Fantastic food and service!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This place was awesome. From the time we walked in and we were welcomed with a smile! The place was busy so we had a short wait. Shortly after we we seated the waitress was there asking if we would like something to drink. After bringing us our drinks she took our order. In no time at all our order arrived. I had a chicken fried steak and my with had a hamburger. The food was fantastic! Cooked perfectly and good portions!! The waitress was very attentive, never letting our drinks run out and asking how our meal was and if we need anything. If I lived in spokane I woulg eat there all the time. You have got to try it!

• Visited March 2014
Queen Creek, Arizona
“A Family Favorite”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice in the past week with family friends and on another occasion with my Mom. This restaurant has been a part of my family's 'go-to' places when we want fast service and consistently great food in the neighborhood. The Chalet always delivers! I had lunch with friends on the first visit and enjoyed one of the salads off their "Summer Salads" menu; I chose the shrimp salad as did my friends. We all enjoyed the freshness of the salad as well as the many shrimp on top of our greens. Often when you order shrimp salad there are not many shrimp---but The Chalet delivers! The second visit was during the dinner hour and both Mom and I enjoyed the shrimp entree with baked potatoes and fruit for Mom and green beans for me AND a dinner role. A delicious filling meal served by a smiling waitress with efficiency and friendliness. One of the unique qualities, to me at least, is the ability ro have breakfast at any time of the day or evening. Always a great place to eat!

• Visited July 2013
“Terrific service but average food at best”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We came for breakfast and the menu holds no surprises - which is just what we were looking for. Farmer Brothers coffee and lots of senior citizens - you know the kind of place! Biscuits and gravy were below average for this type of place, and the omelettes looked unremarkable. Fairly average prices ... If you are taking out your grandparents, then this is the spot.

Visited April 2013
Sequim, Washington
“I wish this place was in my neighborhood!”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

They are great! The waitress was the kind you would want every time you went out. It’s just a old fashioned restaurant that serves good food at a good price. If you need something fancy and frilly this isn’t the place. It you want a friendly place with good service and good food! This is it! The locals love it! I plan on stopping here anytime I am in the area!

• Visited March 2013