“Good food, needs A/C” 4 of 5 bubbles

Spokane, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, needs A/C”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great food, good service. Our 3 dishes came out 8 minutes from the time we placed our order. Pluses- authentic mexican food (they barely speak english), super fast service, large portions, fair pricing, they do to-go orders. Minuses, it is hot in there, and the decorvis old. I would go back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mitel026

Lawton, Oklahoma
“Very fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This was close to our hotel after a long day on the road. The service was very fast. The portions were on the large size. The food was very good. The chips and red sauce keep coming, the red sauce was on the mild side which was just fine for the grand kids. The only minus was that it was very hot inside the restaurant, the doors were open, like they were trying to save money by not running the AC. Besides the heat everything was great

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Hungry, Tired & Poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Great serving size!, Cold breeze inside, made meal uncomfortable, ate fast left. I go in warmer weather again.

Visited January 2013
Spokane, Washington, United States
“My New Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

My friend has been raving about this place for years, and I finally tried it on his birthday a couple weeks ago. Fantastic food- I had a veggie burrito, and it was made with the same care I would use to make my own food. Proportion of beans and rice to veggies was perfect, even distribution of ingredients throughout the burrito, the rice was fluffy and the beans, rice, and guacamole were flavorful. I loved the salsa served with the chips, good garlic flavor, so I added some to my burrito. My friend had a shredded beef enchilada with eggs on top, something no one else serves and he loves. Next time I'll be more adventurous with my choice, as the menu had many things I've never tried. We shared the deep fried ice cream dessert. I'm surprised that the other reviewer says the prices are high-- for two very large meals, a dessert, and two drinks, our total was 24.00. Our waitress was on top of everything and we got excellent service, though my friend says the service can be hit and miss there. It's kind of old and weird looking, like a dark 70's ski lodge on the inside, but for me that kind of added to the experience. It's definitely an undiscovered gem of a place, there were only a couple people there.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jenny P
New Mexico, United States of America
“Good food, but overpriced, unfriendly waiter, prompt service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

We live in New Mexico, so we eat a lot of Mexican & New Mexican food. Prices here were slightly high, but portions large, so can't complain a whole lot. It was clean, well appointed, & a good atmosphere. Salsa was tasty, not too hot for most, a little mild for us, but fine. Rice was better than most places, as it was light and not too much tomato sauce, which most hispanic restaurants over-use on their rice. Food was too mild for 'real' USA-Mexican food, and they would do better if a hot sauce was available to add (we poured the salsa on it & a touch of pepper, which helped). It was cooked just right, though and served quickly. Beans were average, pollo OK, but seemed like it was pan fried, not grilled. The waiter, a 35-45 year old hispanic looking balding gentleman, was another story--never smiled at us, just sort of shoved the plate of food on the table and walked away; never checked to see if we wanted more water, another beer, or anything else. Seemed rather grumpy & rude. When we paid, my wife asked if we offended him in some way (we knew we didn't and he said 'no' and asked her 'why'?). I asked him if he owned or managed the restaurant, and he just said he worked there, and didn't seem to care if he was rude or a poor waiter. He could cost the place some repeat business if he hasn't already. All in all, decent place, especially if he is not your waiter.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Fiesta Charra? Share your experiences!