“Fresh spicy soups and homemade beer bread, a real gem!”

Soulful Soups & Spirits Lounge
Ranked #128 of 887 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: American
“Fresh spicy soups and homemade beer bread, a real gem!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you've read my other reviews you know I'm all about fresh and tasty and this place delivers. This little gem offers a handful of freshly made soups with robust salad greens and beer bread (made on site) for like $9. A refreshing lunch option and super fresh tasting. The soups we had were Taco and Black Bean. They were both really hearty and interesting with some unique herbs and spice flavors. The beer bread is worth a trip by itself and when paired with the soup and salad it was perfect. Finally a lunch that won't slow you down and leaves you satisfied. The decor is well put together and staff friendly and sharp. They serve beers and mixed drinks with a full bar. They are open as a bar in the evening which is now on our radar. We will be haunting this place on a regular basis to be sure.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TravisRomine

“Awesome Soups”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

This place is such a great find. Fresh souos mafe daily with a rotating menu an a fantastic drink selection. The spicy mac is delicious. Check this place out for sure.

Kent
“Wonderful Tomato Basil soup”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The soup is simply good. Nice, relaxed atmosphere with delectable soup. Interesting kitchen where the wall opens to the stove area by garage door to enable the staff to keep an eye on the front of the house.

Visited August 2013
Spokane, Washington
“The Beer Bread is a MUST!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

After reading a few reviews about this place I decided to give it a shot. I went on a Saturday around noonish to get lunch. The place was not to busy, and the atmosphere was very hip with friendly vibes. One thing I liked was how clean the place was, very well maintained. I ordered their special "Bowl of soup, bread, and salad" for a fair price of $9. I had the Beer Cheese soup and a walnut and raisin salad with strawberry vinaigrette with feta cheese sprinkled on top...YUM....The Beer Cheese soup was thick and hearty, just how I like it. One surprise about the soup was that it was a little spicy. I love spicy so it was a great surprise however if I did not like spicy food I would of been a little upset. My favorite part of the meal was the Beer Bread. You have to dip it in the soup, if you are not dipping you're not doing it right. If I would of stayed and had a couple drinks I would of ate a loaf of that bread ($8 a loaf). The staff was very friendly and outgoing and I could tell that they truly had a lot of love for the place which reflects on their food. I will be back for my 21st birthday! Thanks again Soulful Soups!

• Visited August 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Get the beer bread.”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Delicious soups, and the beer bread is a must! Quite a busy place, so expect a line at lunch time. A favorite lunch time spot for me.

Visited April 2013