“Urban gourmet to die for!”

The Wandering Table
Ranked #24 of 929 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have an insatiable appetite for cooking and creating food. We love what we do. This is our restaurant. This is our way of cooking what we want to cook. This is how we share the food we love to eat. This is our chance to taste a meal prepared from the seasons. There is a reason that all great chefs of the world use seasonal, local ingredients. When you stand next to a farmer you work with, and hold a tomato still warm from the sun, or spend a day foraging for mushrooms, inspiration fills you. There is an appreciation that comes from using great products that makes our jobs so much better. We go out of our way to seek the best products, and to honor those who grew them by doing our best at serving them in ways that make food memorable. This is how we create great experiences, traditions, and communities. Our menus are created and meant to reflect the best of the season. We have created one of the most interesting and unique dining experiences in the Northwest and you are invited.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We ordered the $20 per person option for my husband and myself . The chef cooks whatever and adds a couple of things from the menu. Fresh local ingredients were included in these dishes.We had a feast! Some of the dishes were complex with many flavors , and others were simple and super enjoyable. The best restaurant I have ever been to! Wish they had a little more for the kids to enjoy .... all they got was 2 hamburger sliders,( no sides ) and they were wanting a lot more to eat.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This restaurant is a great addition to the city. This is a small plate style eating with high quality and fantastic options. We tried the Dorky Fries (their version of a poutine) and it was excellent!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I have eaten here twice and both times the experience has been one of the best EVER. Good service, small plates and great drinks are just the beginning. We had the chef's special, where you name the price you want to pay and he decides the dishes. For $30 each we had the widest range of dishes possible, from goat to vegan as well as dessert, and EVERY dish was scrumptious. I am a picky foodie and my palate (and gut) were satiated beyond any expectations. To me, the best restaurant in Spokane with a “vibey” feel, making it both fun and a culinary treat.

2  Thank Farmickson
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stopped by for lunch on Saturday and could have ordered one of everything from the menu, it all sounded so good. Not your typical bites; great combinations of foods, tastes, textures.

We ordered the deviled eggs, scallop salad, spaghetti stuffed meatballs, and bacon wrapped bacon sliders and every bite was delicious. You MUST try their goat cheesecake - talk about A-mazing! They locally source their food so I believe their menu regularly changes to compliment what's in season (another plus - support local business and never get bored with an awesome array of regularly changing items).

For lunch you can choose an item from 3 sections of their menu for $12! We didn't go this route but saw others tables who did and will definitely be coming back to try it and more! Service was great. I think we might have just found a new favorite!

*(GPS brings you to Central Food, Wandering Table is just across the street and down a tad toward Monroe).

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Kay O'Rourke's art is hanging on their walls right now...if I have to say more than let's get to the real review:

I just might have to quit wandering at this point, as I may have found a top three of my favorite restaurants in town. Adam Hegsted's true passion and understanding of flavors, foods and and tickling the palate is beyond reproach. If you are looking for comfort food pass this place up but if you are comfortable with food, you will nestle into your seat and enjoy the ride. So many unique items on the menu that will stretch your experience with new and exciting combinations.

Fresh oysters, green garbanzo bean salad, REAL CHICKEN wings, chicken fried garbanzo beans, Arctic char and smoked burgers were just some of the wonders this party of five shared. But the consensus is that we needed to also try about 75% more of their menu. Another consensus: how can we duplicate this at home? Why try, we will jut come back.

Cost was actually reasonable for the five us; with drinks and deserts at about $35.00 per person. We all walked away over full but not uncomfortable.

Service was attentive with this party's needy demands; split the ticket, no don't, well ok, Does any one want another drink? No not quite yet, then we all end up ordering a second but only one at a time.

If you are still WANDERING whether I liked this place then sit yourself and some friends at a TABLE and decide for yourself. If you are disappointed I personally will pay your tab.

My only suggestion for improvement and certainly not a deal breaker is the same old thing, this place is full of hard surfaces which creates excess noise. Soften some of those surfaces so that when the restaurant is full table mates can share a conversation without turning heads and saying 'what' so many time.

1  Thank MajikWolfe

Been to The Wandering Table? Share your experiences!