“Very nice accommodations”

Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The staff are certainly friendly and helpful. Accommodations for those with special needs are exceptional. The in-house breakfast was very nice, with yoghurt parfaits, protein choices and fresh fruit among other choices. The beds were comfortable, but we were glad to have brought our own pillows. The bedding was of good quality, and attractive. We appreciated that the management chooses to use a minimum of plastic: the trash containers were not lined, and shower soap, lotion, and shampoo were in a wall mounted squirt container. Very quiet place to rest, too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
AsstMgrSpokane, Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you taking the time to write a review of our property. we are glad you were able to enjoy our green offerings. We want to do our part to help preserve the environment. Thank you for the comments about breakfast and our linens. We appreciate it.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Everything and everybody at this location were above and beyond my expectations. Will absolutely revisit should the need apply. Swimming pool, fitness center, business center and the breakfast area were very appealing and useful. Proximity to the airport and dining options were also great. Very pleased with this Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the review of our property and your future recommendations. We will keep working at this and strive to be even better. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed here twice in the same week. The location is great because it is just a few minutes west of downtown on I 90. When I pulled in I was thinking I made a mistake. The only mistake I made was eating at the Denny’s by the hotel. There is a truck stop in front and getting to the hotel is kind of odd. The first visit was great and the check it was good! Liz was friendly and helped me out with a few special requests! The room was better than expected. I had a kitchenette room that had pretty much everything except a stovetop. There were dishes, microwave toaster oven and a 10 cup coffee maker, etc...Everything worked, the bed was mostly comfortable. the room was big, well furnished, everything was clean The breakfast room was good, the staff did a good job of keeping up. They had a fairly good selection including meat and eggs. It was hotel food but okay.
I stayed again a few nights later. The check in was okay but not as good because the guy at the desk was not listening to customer requests and had a lot of canned answers. He was just a machine and did it to everyone. I didn’t get a kitchenette and opted for a regular room. They stuck me on the second floor and as soon as I got to the room I knew this wasn’t going to work! Lots of noise because of the ice machine and (?) other equipment. I went right back to the desk and requested another room and they did that. (Thanks Megan!) The second room was great, as good if not better than the room from the fist stay. The breakfast room was not as good the second stay. They ran low on coffee, big no no! The staff was not up speed because they kept running out of meat and eggs. Two people staffing and they never caught up! Kind of disappointing for an otherwise okay hotel.
So it was kind of a mixed bag depending on who is on staff on any given day! Other than that a good place to stay. The location, price and access are good. I would stay here again, but don’t expect a resort experience and it depends which staff is on that day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We appreciate the comments to our hotel amenities and staff. We are always striving to go above and beyond with customer service and Liz shows this. Thank you for recognizing this.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel was chosen for its proximity to the Spokane airport. The room was nice and comfortable, spacious and clean, but a miscommunication about breakfast tainted the stay. We were told (or we heard) breakfast was served until ten am and went down for service at a little after nine. I noticed most everything was cleared away and I asked the staff clearing things away what time breakfast service was provided - I was polite and merely made an inquiry, the man who answered was not only rude but downright spiteful and informed me that it ended at 9 am - maybe 10 minutes before I asked. I said okay and went to get a cup of tea which seemed to be available all day but the water was empty and I don't drink coffee. I felt uncomfortable to ask for more water since I had just had my head bitten off by the staff and was walking out when I decided to let the desk know about his rude behavior. I let them know about the incident, and the mix up in breakfast times. They seemed indifferent and I headed back to my room. A young woman caught up to me and said she could get stuff for cereal if I wanted it and so I was provided with cold cereal for my son. I have never been treated so poorly so out of the blue from a staff person of any establishment and the experience really stayed with me, so I have to give an average review of what really is a very nice place.

Later when I went to inquire about a business center for printing boarding passes, the front desk staff was very accommodating and not only printed our passes at the desk for me but also let me know of a 30 minute delay. Drinks and snacks seemed to be provided for Best Western loyalty program members, which I am sure I have but had no idea how to approach. A good hotel with many amenities just need to keep staff more focused on customer service to either correct a problem well or not offend customers to begin with. The breakfast situation could have been handled ten times better and it would have left me with a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank caitlin c

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our amenities and hotel. I apologize about the indecent with our breakfast staff. We have made some changes and had a meeting about customer service. I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

This is a nice little hotel with a good pool inside and outside seating area. Breakfast area good size better than most. Very clean. Can't hear airport noise at all. We stayed here as we were passing through Spokane and this is good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jab876jr
AsstMgrSpokane, Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you stopped here on your way through. Thank you for the comments to our property. We hope to see you again. Thanks again.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We've stayed at several Best Westerns during our annual road trip. This was one of the better ones. The location was good, right off the freeway but far enough away so there wasn't any road noise. The entrance to the hotel is a little awkward. You have to drive through a truck stop and they share the entrance with another hotel and Denny's restaurant. At one point, a big truck was almost blocking the entrance but moved by the time we needed to leave.The room was clean and spacious. King bed was comfortable and the shower was good. It was a little pricey but not outrageous. The breakfast was average for a Best Western, not great but OK. The waffle batter was really watery. The entrance to the lobby was being renovated so getting to the front desk to check in was a little confusing. The staff was very friendly and helpful considering the hotel was really busy with college graduations and other special events. We've stayed other places in Spokane but will come back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to report that our new concrete is finished and looking great. Thank you for coming in the back way while you were here. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I had never traveled to Spokane before so while researching hotels & subsequent reviews, I was dismayed to find how poorly many of the name brand hotels rated. Price did not seem to be a factor in determining good or bad. I had stayed at another Best Western and liked it so figured I'd give this one a try. I was so happy with my decision to stay & overall everything was GREAT! Quiet room, easy hotel location (access on/off I-90), the room was great size and very comfortable for 3 adults, we used the pool which was very clean & nice--a tad on the cold side water wise and the rails into/out of the pool & hot tub should be secured tighter. Breakfast was good--nice variety except for the cut up hot dogs the first day we ate :) Second day better but more diners so food ran out quickly and was slow to get replaced. Front Desk staff were ok, friendly & efficient enough checking in but we didn't interact beyond that. Housekeeping was very good. I liked that the hotel had implemented some "green" concepts in and effort to conserve and reduce costs. I hope to visit Spokane again next year and plan to stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and we were placed on the 3rd floor. It was very quiet.