“My favorite restaurant in Spokane; highest recommendation”

Wild Sage American Bistro
Ranked #1 of 883 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Downtown Spokane's Premier Restaurant and Happy Hour. Wild Sage is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in Spokane and is winner of the Full Service Restaurant of the Year award from the Washington Restaurant Association. We are the premier downtown bistro for casual and romantic dinners, or drinks, desserts and small plates after a show or event.
Tustin, California
“My favorite restaurant in Spokane; highest recommendation”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am a once-a-year traveler to Spokane, and recently dined at Wild Sage Bistro for the second time. I cannot describe how pleased I am with the quality of food, and would consider my meals there to be in the top 1% all-time. For my latest visit, I went alone and sat at the bar. It turns out that I joined a number of people who were interested in sharing conversation and food, so we became an impromptu “family.” Between the Yukon Taquitos I ordered, some tapas samples and popovers from my new friends, I made a whole meal. I also ordered my favorite cocktail (invented there, I’m told) called a Harvest Moon, which has fresh carrot juice in it. Only cool drinks like that can make me overlook the wine list. The bartender/server was great about explaining everything he brought to us: the story behind the drink concoctions and everything about how the food was prepared. The other diners at the bar were super friendly, and the ambience was kick-back and fun.

A few notes:
* Unless you plan on arriving at an off-peak hour, definitely make a reservation
* If you can’t get a table, the entire menu is available at the bar; however, the bar doesn't seat many
* Nearby parking is on-street using the meters (until 7PM) or in paid lots

• Visited October 2013
Tom S, Owner at Wild Sage American Bistro, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Wow, what a great review! Your comments really caught my attention due to the rapport you developed with the other bar guests. While not for everyone, sitting at the bar offers a lot of entertainment. It's busy and active and our bar staff is top notch. I love to watch the interaction amongst the guests and crew. Sampling a new drink, sharing appetizers and just having fun. Thank you for the great review, and sharing your story. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Seattle, Washington
“Spokane has a restaurant for foodies”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My friends often take me here when I'm visiting. The food is just consistently great. The wait staff are very attentive as well. They do a great job of taking care of you while giving you space to enjoy the people you came with. I last ate here two weeks ago and we always start with the Tapas Sampler and Wild Sage Cocktail. Those two staples never disappoint!. On the menu that night I had the calf's liver with bacon caramelized onions. My friends had the nights special of seared sea scallops. Both dishes were amazing. The restaurant is not very big and from what my friends say, you do need reservations.

1 Thank K B
Kelowna, Canada
“The Wild Sage is tops!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This intimate setting is not easily spotted from the road, but is well worth the search.

The service was excellent and the staff were very attentive and helpfull. The menu was very good and inlcuded vegetarian options, which were top notch! Good sized portions, great presentation, and excellent flavor left us very impressed with our dinning experience. Price was as expected for a meal of this quality.

The Wild Sage is not to be missed when visiting the Spokane area.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank RobH20
Bigfork
“Great service mediocre food”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our waitperson was exceptional but the food was mediocre to good (at best). My pear gorgonzola salad was ruined and because it had been overdressed. The best part of our entrée order of golden trout as the rice/quinoa vegetable base but even that had an oily texture.

• Visited November 2013
Well, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your service. I'm pretty fond of my staff and agree with you 100%! I'm bummed that you didn't enjoy your trout. It is honestly my second favorite thing on the menu (I'm not sure that anything will replace the duck as my #1 choice). With that being said, I did ask the chef to look into your comments. It sounds to me that the sauté cook that night might have been heavy handed in dressing the quinoa-rice blend. I love the crispy skin element of the dish with the salt and spices combined with the lemon-chive beurre blanc. Long story short, if dressed and cooked properly it's an amazing dish. Sorry it was not to your liking. Please never hesitate to let your server know that we missed the mark. Part of being that great server you loved is their willingness to make sure you are always delighted with everything we put in front of you.
RITZVILLE
“Book Reservations Tonite!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Wild Sage is located on Second Street and is hardly noticeable, so I want to recommend that you take time to check out this fabulous restaurant. The food is outstanding, service is wonderful, atmosphere is great and you will not be disappointed. Making reservations is a must, however, if you dine early such as 5:30 you might be able to walk in. Now I know lots of people do not like liver, but this entree is like 'none other'. Be brave and order it and also the Baby Kale Caesar Salad. Enjoy your evening and I know you will want to go back to dine there again.