“Best meal in Spokane!”

Wild Sage American Bistro
Ranked #1 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Downtown Spokane's Premier Restaurant and Happy Hour. Wild Sage is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in Spokane and is winner of the Full Service Restaurant of the Year award from the Washington Restaurant Association. We are the premier downtown bistro for casual and romantic dinners, or drinks, desserts and small plates after a show or event.
“Best meal in Spokane!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had dinner here for the first time, even though we visit Spokane at least a couple times a year. We decided to venture a five minute walk from the Davenport Hotel and are so happy that we did. We had the best service (Lisa) followed by the best meal we have ever had in Spokane. The tapas sampler to start was fabulous. The pork shanks and stuffed chicken breast entrees were amazing and the portions were more than ample. We were disappointed that we were too full for dessert as the dessert menu looked excellent. We will definitely return here for dinner!

• Visited November 2013

New York City, New York
“Great food! Innovative presentation!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

As a visitor from NYC, I was really impressed with the food. The way the food was presented was awesome as well, very innovative and interesting. This is a great place to take business people visiting from out of town or for a fun dinner with friends.

Tustin, California
“My favorite restaurant in Spokane; highest recommendation”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am a once-a-year traveler to Spokane, and recently dined at Wild Sage Bistro for the second time. I cannot describe how pleased I am with the quality of food, and would consider my meals there to be in the top 1% all-time. For my latest visit, I went alone and sat at the bar. It turns out that I joined a number of people who were interested in sharing conversation and food, so we became an impromptu “family.” Between the Yukon Taquitos I ordered, some tapas samples and popovers from my new friends, I made a whole meal. I also ordered my favorite cocktail (invented there, I’m told) called a Harvest Moon, which has fresh carrot juice in it. Only cool drinks like that can make me overlook the wine list. The bartender/server was great about explaining everything he brought to us: the story behind the drink concoctions and everything about how the food was prepared. The other diners at the bar were super friendly, and the ambience was kick-back and fun.

A few notes:
* Unless you plan on arriving at an off-peak hour, definitely make a reservation
* If you can’t get a table, the entire menu is available at the bar; however, the bar doesn't seat many
* Nearby parking is on-street using the meters (until 7PM) or in paid lots

• Visited October 2013
Tom S, Owner at Wild Sage American Bistro, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Wow, what a great review! Your comments really caught my attention due to the rapport you developed with the other bar guests. While not for everyone, sitting at the bar offers a lot of entertainment. It's busy and active and our bar staff is top notch. I love to watch the interaction amongst the guests and crew. Sampling a new drink, sharing appetizers and just having fun. Thank you for the great review, and sharing your story. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Seattle, Washington
“Spokane has a restaurant for foodies”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My friends often take me here when I'm visiting. The food is just consistently great. The wait staff are very attentive as well. They do a great job of taking care of you while giving you space to enjoy the people you came with. I last ate here two weeks ago and we always start with the Tapas Sampler and Wild Sage Cocktail. Those two staples never disappoint!. On the menu that night I had the calf's liver with bacon caramelized onions. My friends had the nights special of seared sea scallops. Both dishes were amazing. The restaurant is not very big and from what my friends say, you do need reservations.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank K B
Kelowna, Canada
“The Wild Sage is tops!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This intimate setting is not easily spotted from the road, but is well worth the search.

The service was excellent and the staff were very attentive and helpfull. The menu was very good and inlcuded vegetarian options, which were top notch! Good sized portions, great presentation, and excellent flavor left us very impressed with our dinning experience. Price was as expected for a meal of this quality.

The Wild Sage is not to be missed when visiting the Spokane area.

Visited November 2013