“Great Hamburger” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stehekin
North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin
Florence, Oregon
“Great Hamburger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

We didn't stay here, but I could find the restaurant under that category. We had only 90 minutes in Stehekin and we spent 35 of them eating at the Lodge. We did not expect such a great burger in this remote location. There was no service. You order and pay for your meal at the counter. We plan to return to Stehekin and stay a few days at the lodge.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I called to ask for some information about Stehekin and various amenities that the resort offered such as bikes and spoke with Diane Jackson, the manager. There must not be a lot of competition for jobs up there because she was so condescending and rude during the entire conversation that I wont care to stay there, even if its a five star resort!

I was told that Stehekin would basically be shut down the weekend I was planning on coming and when I asked her for what I could do or how I could get more information so I could make decisions regarding my trip, she got really snotty and said "well, we werent really planning on having a fire three months ago when you booked, what do you want me to do about it, missy?"

I told her that there was no need to be rude and talk to me like a child so she told me that I have a real attitude problem and hung up on me. When I called back to speak to the manager she sad "youre talking to her honey!"

Maybe this kind of dive bar, backroads hillbilly talk is ok for the locals but for someone trying to get some information and worried about how to get the money back that they already sunk into this trip, this behavior was completely unacceptable and I would not be comfortable staying there. I would especially not be comfortable handing my hard earned money over to that nasty woman.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank ravencat
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

We spent 2 nights in a room that had a large balcony overlooking the lake.
Housekeeping was non-existent except that they did remove a beer bottle.
Fuzz, hair and stuff on the carpet that had been "missed" for a long time. Cobwebs in the windows, as well. This was new management and the lady in charge of housekeeping gave me her disclaimer about not servicing rooms.
The clock was broken and stuck on 4 AM but they never saw that until I left it on the floor with a note. They did take the bottle and in the afternoon, brought a new clock. That's it for room service. We thought the food was good for being so remote. We also took the bus on the first night to the Lodge. That was a great feed! Packed with people eating family style at huge tables. Lots of food and a bus ride back by the owner. That's entirely worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hikermum
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Spent 3 nights Sept 2012. Unfortunately, Wenatchee was burning down! Our first day was clear but then the winds shifted for days 2 and 3. Great location right off the ferry. Access to bike rentals and plenty of hiking opportunities. Only one MAJOR problem- they did NOT make up our room either day! I went down to the desk the second evening just to get some coffee packets for next mornings breakfast. The third day I had to say something as we had no fresh towels and again no coffee! It was after Labor Day, so maybe everyone kicks back a bit. Still, just a tad too much avoidance of customer service for a lodge.
The food was ok considering you are in a beautiful location, where there is NO cell service! Awesome! Other than the lack of any housekeeping efforts, it was nice considering the first fires were sending smoke north towards Stehekin.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mark M
fairfield county
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

The room had a spectacular view and we enjoyed sitting on our front deck with wine and beer purchased from the limited selection offered at the small store. The linens on the bed were upscale and inviting. The room is a bit stuffy as only the door to the deck opens, and not the big picture windows, and the room faces the sun. Might be oppressive in the height of the summer. A small sliding window in bathroom also opens but hardly enough to help. The rug needed cleaning but the room was spacious and paneled with light wood, had beamed ceiling and the overall effect was quite pleasant.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center, can't clear the rating once touched on my iPad! The one cabin with a...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank e j
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Not to be missed, this tiny village takes you back in time. We flew in by sea plane which was well worth the money, $89. Our accomodations were very comfortable and very clean and the food at the restaurant is reasonably priced. A perfect place to relax. We fished in the tiny creeks, saw bears feasting in the apple orchard and had the best time. We returned to Chelan by ferry.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

Nice place. Room clean and comfy. Kitchen. We enjoy the ferry ride and we bring our own bikes and food. Restaurant is good but we prefer to cook our own food. Plenty of trails, hiking. Rainbow Falls are beautiful. Buckner Orchard should not be missed. Stehekin River and Lake Chelan should be explored. No TV, no phone, no traffic. A truly remote location that takes you to a simpler way of life. We are inspired and will be going back.

Room Tip: Rooms that have the kitchen and deck, facing the lake. Perfect !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kat S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stehekin
Chewuch Inn & Cabins
#4 of 8 in Winthrop
Freestone Inn
Freestone Inn
#1 of 3 in Mazama

Been to North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin? Share your experiences!